• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] F mystery debunked

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'd be the last person to say that truth was a matter of giving into popular sentiment. That has nothing to do with my point about learnng through the process of debate. It has nothing to do with my point about going too far to confirm your own beliefs.

I'm disgusted by your sarcastic floundering. It is indicative of someone who is defeated and denies defeat.

Debate requires you make your decision based on what is true. Not based on what people like. The more ideas is challenged, the more it be tested.

So far the only offer I had to renounce the earlier views was that people had a strong Feeling against them, hardly anything was stated by way of supporting those Feelings with argument.

Next time an evangelist rolls up my PORCH and screams GOD EXISTS!!!!!!! GOD EXISTS!!!!!!! GOD EXISTS!!!!!!! GOD EXISTS!!!!!!! GOD EXISTS!!!!!!! GOD EXISTS!!!!!!! GOD EXISTS!!!!!!!

I will proceed to analyze the matter..he carries on...in the same vein..GOD EXISTS!!!!!!! GOD EXISTS!!!!!!! GOD EXISTS!!!!!!! GOD EXISTS!!!!!!! GOD EXISTS!!!!!!! GOD EXISTS!!!!!!! GOD EXISTS!!!!!!! GOD EXISTS!!!!!!!

I shall fall to my knees in my humble adoration to embrace Jesus Christ!

Oh yes dont forget! Debate is strictly about WINNING! That is, about making sure that whoever dare read the writings thinks you 'won' whatever that means. What good is truth if it doesnt help your popularity after discussion! Again, just like Edahn's groundshaking 'dirty secret' discovery, this I should not have been so stupid as to doubt! Another reason you're my favorite INTP! And I intend to WIN, WIN and WIN THIS!

So far, I have failed! I have failed to convince myself that I was right..just like I will have failed to convince the Evangelist! The public opinion and the view of the other person in discussion shall always be my court of Justice!

I hereby declare that this is not the 'WORST' kind of subjectivity! Dont ask me how. Thats just bottom line!

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Debate requires you make your decision based on what is true. Not based on what people like. The more ideas is challenged, the more it be tested.

Yes... That's right. I would not make descisions based on what people like. Most people here have concluded that you have miserably failed to understand what is right. They too, use reasoning, and critical analysis, and logic to combat you. Plurality isn't everything, it's not even much, but it does account for something. If a large group of people, including people you know should be skilled with logic and possesing of large educations, tell you that you are wrong, all for the same reasons... you might want to consider that they're right. Just consider it.

Consistency, repetition, plurality... You do understand pragmatic learning, don't you? Empiricism?

So far the only offer I had to renounce the earlier views was that people had a strong Feeling against them, hardly anything was stated by way of supporting those Feelings with argument.

That was strangely phrased. I don't think I follow.

Oh yes dont forget! Debate is strictly about WINNING! That is, about making sure that whoever dare read the writings thinks you 'won' whatever that means. What good is truth if it doesnt help your popularity after discussion!

Again, you are making these comments and the wrong person. I don't believe debates are about winning at all. In fact, not so long ago, I got into a debate with someone that eventually, suddenly declared himself the winner, and scrapped the whole thing. It was incredibly aggrivating and lame. It was informative.

I'm amazed that you can't see how poorly you are arguin right now. What do you think this sarcasm is getting you? Or these strawmen arguments? You certianly don't seem to be learning anything. You seem to be guilty of all the things you are mocking. All of them.

You're failing to prove evidence.

You're using false arguments.

You're expressing oodles and oodles of emotion.

You seem to be more interested in triumphing over this debate than actually learning anything.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes... That's right. I would not make descisions based on what people like..

The two statements together dont sound strange to you I presume. Indeed, it truly does not matter what most people 'concluded' as you never woudl dare do such a thing as make a decision based on what people like! Hey..just not the right feel..maybe it will be right when I wake up and it all shall come together!

Most people here have concluded that you have miserably failed to understand what is right.ore interested in triumphing over this debate than actually learning anything.

They too, use reasoning, and critical analysis, and logic to combat you..

Yes, to combat me! This sounds HOT! And I tell YOU! I AM GOING TO WIN THIS YET! YOU WILL BE SORRY YOU EVER DISAGREED WITH ME! EVERYONE WILL THINK I AM RIGHT! AND I THEN WILL GO ON TO SAY ...NO NO! I WOULD NEVER MAKE A DECISION BASED ON WHAT OTHER PEOPLE LIKE, WHAT THEY AGREE OR DISAGREE WITH JUST DOESNT MATTER! You're wrong MAGIC! In the name of the HEAVENLY GATES I REBUKE YOU! You only FEEL most people here have concluded I am wrong, but let me tell you something you ARE WRONG! Most people FEEL YOU ARE, YOU ARE USING ALL THE RESOURCES IN THE WORLD TO CONVINCE YOURSELF MOST PEOPLE DONT DISAGREE WITH YOU, SO YOU CAN WIN! But the game is over I win, They all agreed with me before even reading!

Plurality isn't everything, it's not even much, but it does account for something. If a large group of people, including people you know should be skilled with logic and possesing of large educations, tell you that you are wrong, all for the same reasons... you might want to consider that they're right. Just consider it. ..

Yes, YES! Absolutely. Logic and pursuit of IDEAS are a VERY democratic process! And truth changes according to what we vote for it to be. 2000 YEARS ago the Earth was flat! Now its round. This isnt a contradiction (Hey WTF, thats only logic), but only our Feelings have changed!

Consistency, repetition, plurality... You do understand pragmatic learning, don't you? Empiricism?..

Feel, devotion, I am right, I win, sky is purple, I wake up..PHILOSOPHY...you do understand the leaning?

Again, you are making these comments and the wrong person. I don't believe debates are about winning at all. In fact, not so long ago, I got into a debate with someone that eventually, suddenly declared himself the winner, and scrapped the whole thing. It was incredibly aggrivating and lame. It was informative.?..

No they are not about Winning! They're just about 'combating' with logic, reasoning and critical analysis!

I'm amazed that you can't see how poorly you are arguin right now. What do you think this sarcasm is getting you? Or these strawmen arguments? You certianly don't seem to be learning anything. You seem to be guilty of all the things you are mocking. All of them. .?..

Oh Gosh! You're absolutely right! My sky has turned Magic in your honor!

You're failing to prove evidence.

You're using false arguments..?..

You are still my favorite INTP!

Plurality isn't everything, it's not even much, but it does account for something. If a large group of people, including people you know should be skilled with logic and possesing of large educations, tell you that you are wrong, all for the same reasons... you might want to consider that they're right. Just consider it. .

Yes, yes! Absolutely. Plurality isnt everything, not even much! But in the name of the lord, it must make you think the right answer is the one majority sides with! This is how much 'isnt much!'

You seem to be more interested in triumphing over this debate than actually learning anything.

Oh hell yes!

I am amazed you cant see how poorly you are arguing right now! Cant you see it was a bad idea to 'combat' me in the first place!? How didnt you know everyone was on my side to begin with!?

Hey no matter what, I know that I win! If I start to feel you may be right and I am wrong, I'll just scrap the whole thing and declare I won! Since most people here like me better than you they will agree with me. So by general consensus, I win, you loose. End of story! You knew this was going to happen, why even start?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oy. You're pretty much totally failing to address me or what I say. You are only responding to things I didn't explicitly say and obviously didn't mean.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oy. You're pretty much totally failing to address me or what I say. You are only responding to things I didn't explicitly say and obviously didn't mean.

I had a FEEL THERE WERE MANY THINGS YOU DIDNT obviously mean! My bad..I should have looked more carefully! I will be reading your posts again to make sure I finally get it! Maybe I can hope to be as well agreed with as you when I am through! Wait..didnt I just say everyone agrees with me already!? AHHHH..err....doesnt feel right..I feel tired..UHHHH..

Whatever..anyway...I worship you..you're my favorite INTP! Hope to be enlightened by you again.

Good night my dear sir,

BW!

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't intend to talk to you again unless you're going to cease that silly act.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
MP, I think you broke Blue.

Does anybody have any krazy glue? I hear you can still reattach the brain if you get it on ice quick enough.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it seems more like you're just using every method in the book to convince yourself, and possible even others, that you're right.
That's really not the same as seeking to learn.

If I'm right about this, then you are making a mistake characteristic of one of your functions. No, not Thinking. I mean Intuiting. You have the idea that you just spring up in your head, and then you devise "reasoning", and do "observations", that really serves no other aim then to confirm what you've already thought of. Freud was one of the worst perpatrators of this.

If you are really seeking to learn, then you're supposed to let the debating process build the idea. Not whip up the idea, and then go through the whole debating process defending and pushing it. That would be persuasion, not learning.

You're complaining about what are effectively the subjective qualities of Feeling, but you forget that while Feeling is the subjective mode of judgement, Intuition is the subjective mode of perception, and you are succumbing to the worst kind of Intuitive subjectivity.
INTJ

(An immature one, just to make sure I don't offend the cool INTJs. Immature INTPs have their problems too, but usually not like this.)

miked277

MBTI Type
INTP
:popc1: I'm enjoying this freak show actually :ninja:

i enjoy the freak shows that bw puts on as well. they are a good lesson in how to annoy people.

bluewing: i'm right and none of you sniveling shitheads, especially the feeling types, can prove me wrong due to your inferior thinking skills.

everyone else: uh huh, but did you take into account the...

bluewing: no no, i did take that into account you just did not read far enough into my explaination due to your lesser thinking ability as defined by myers and briggs.

everyone else: so what you're saying you are correct just by the fact that you're you?

bluewing: in effect, yes.

everyone else: i see. that doesn't seem very logical to all of us.

bluewing: my logic is on a whole other level due to my emotional detachment from the subject and is therefore more correct than any of yours. if you ever hope to achieve this level of correctness then you need to rise to my level of emotionlessness. once at this level you will cease to be anyone's friend, people will not like you, you will not like people and you will never form a smile ever.

everyone else: i see. you know your arguments would get a more positive response if you acted a little more... respectful.

bluewing: being "nice" or "respectful" would interfere with my thinking ability and thus i cannot act nice in any way, shape or form. it would bring me down to everyone else's level and i just cannot handle being in that pit with you people.

everyone else: we give up.

bluewing: i am right and therefore you all suck.

*repeat again in six months*

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
there are a lot of stupid people in the world. a lot. people who want someone to tell them how to think and act. people who eat it up with a spoon when someone tells them what they already suspected is true, right or wrong, and do it in a seemingly scientific way.

having said that, i call dibs on every quote in this thread in case his book takes off. i like making money too.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
BlueWing said:
I win, you loose. End of story!

"yes, magic!

You stole fizzy lifting drinks!
You forced my oompa loompas to clean the rotunda ceilings with their tongues!
So you! Get! Nothing!
You LOOSE!!!!!!"

yessss.... yess, that's right, my dark padawan... feel the illogic and anger flow through you. you are powerful! Give into it! Does it not feel good to give into the dark F????

I call you: DARKWING!

bwa ha ha
bwa ha ha
bwa ha ha

:popc1:

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
What an appropriate ending.

An ironic twist of the scalpel. Apparently, the exploratory surgery wasn't necessary at all...!

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know what to say to all of this. I'm really at something of a loss. I don't think one could say I broke BlueWing, but I don't what to call what has happened.

Regardless of the reasoning or intent behind what he is doing, he has clearly failed. BlueWing espoused a lot of garbage about knowing what is right, but by any measure I can think of, BlueWing has clearly done wrong. It's one of what might add up to over a hundred ironies of this thread.

I understand why a number of people want this thread to die. In fact, I would understand if people didn't want to see another BlueWing thread. I don't want to seem like a jerk, but at this point, I really feel like he's just a total failure. I feel like I'm a real INTP and he's an imposter, and that I actually know something about the cognitive functions while he's a flunked student.

BlueWing has been on this site longer than I have, so I remember him from the start. He rubbed me the wrong way with his unecessary complexity and his smug attitude, but I saw potential value in him, because he seemed intelligent at least, if a little a misguided. But now I say to hell with him. He has demonstrated himself to be of little value. Not as intelligent as I had thought, and far more misguided that I orgiinally guessed.

And what the hell is the deal with him saying I'm his favorite INTP over and over again? There's presumably some kind of snide joke here, but I can't figure it out. :huh:

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Come on, Magic... don't take it personally. Don't be mean. He is obviously in a bad state right now.

I agree vehemently that this thread should be locked immediately. (But who am I?)

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Actually, I'm having trouble telling how much of DarkWing's meltdown was serious and how much was a purposeful farce.

Honestly.

Some of it feels pretty tongue-in-cheek.

But I note a lot of F types are taking it seriously and straight-forwardly.
Which would probably please him.

Status
Not open for further replies.