• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Type 4

R

Riva

The difference btw 5 and 4 - 5 being 31 and 4 being 34 - are minimal. So I would say 5 over 4 although the resuls say otherwise. I think you know by now that the results aren't the most accurate. However they do help you to get a general idea of who you are.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Id look into 6w7 for you. It is a common intj type and well...a hunch. I dont doubt you have 4 in your tritype though.

And my interactions with you so far are indicate Intj for sure. A softer, more playful one than im used to but the dynamic is still stereotypical, imho

What's Hard About Being a Six

the constant push and pull involved in trying to make up my mind
procrastinating because of fear of failure; having little confidence in myself
fearing being abandoned or taken advantage of
exhausting myself by worrying and scanning for danger
wishing I had a rule book at work so I could do everything right
being too critical of myself when I haven't lived up to my expectations

Definitely rings true during a stage of my life. If it wasn't for my friend and mentor at work. I would probably still be beating myself up over things in the past.

I

Infinite Bubble

I get the impression you have Ne and Fe, so I would look into INTP further. Otherwise, INFJ might be right. Maybe even INFP?

Southern Kross

Away with the fairies
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If you could take a guess, what would you lean towards?
I'd have to know more about you to give a meaningful guess, but it is common for people to be drawn to the romantic notion of being a 4. With MBTI the bias is about wanting to be Intuitive, but I would say ISTJs are even less likely to be type 4, so I don't imagine that's the problem. :newwink:

One thing I suggest to people considering whether they're a 4 or not is to see if you really click with the rather negative aspects of the type. If you can look at the downsides and can see those unflattering traits deep down in yourself, then you're probably a 4. If you're only relating to the good stuff, then it's probably just wishful thinking. Take a look at this description (you have to scroll down to find it). It's a bit rough on 4w5s, but contains some harsh truths. And I would say that with type descriptions, it only hurts if it's true...

I would second what others have said, look into INFJ and 6 types. Many 6 descriptions sound unappealing at first glance (they don't tend to be written as well as other types), but give it some thought.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The difference btw 5 and 4 - 5 being 31 and 4 being 34 - are minimal. So I would say 5 over 4 although the resuls say otherwise. I think you know by now that the results aren't the most accurate. However they do help you to get a general idea of who you are.

Yeah, since I guess people change. I did get type 9 before.

I get the impression you have Ne and Fe, so I would look into INTP further. Otherwise, INFJ might be right. Maybe even INFP?
Could you perhaps point out why you think that I have Ne Fe instead of Ni Fi?

I'd have to know more about you to give a meaningful guess, but it is common for people to be drawn to the romantic notion of being a 4. With MBTI the bias is about wanting to be Intuitive, but I would say ISTJs are even less likely to be type 4, so I don't imagine that's the problem. :newwink:

One thing I suggest to people considering whether they're a 4 or not is to see if you really click with the rather negative aspects of the type. If you can look at the downsides and can see those unflattering traits deep down in yourself, then you're probably a 4. If you're only relating to the good stuff, then it's probably just wishful thinking. Take a look at this description (you have to scroll down to find it). It's a bit rough on 4w5s, but contains some harsh truths. And I would say that with type descriptions, it only hurts if it's true...

I would second what others have said, look into INFJ and 6 types. Many 6 descriptions sound unappealing at first glance (they don't tend to be written as well as other types), but give it some thought.

Well at first when I read type 4, I was starting to laugh at the description and thought, oh boy, this is probably not me, but it stings in the end. Maybe it has something to do with that projection that I do. I guess I am 4w5. But how would feeling-thinking-instinctive line up with INTJ?

I read the part of type 6, it feels familiar, but I'm not entirely sure if that is me. The me right now. I'll read all of them and then take a test a few months later and see what I get then.

I

Infinite Bubble

Could you perhaps point out why you think that I have Ne Fe instead of Ni Fi?

It's an impression, I can't rationalise it well with, you know, words. But I can tell because when someone "uses" a specific set of functions they come across a certain way. I even trawled through your old posts like a creepy stalker to check if my suspicions were correct and they were. I doubt you're an INTJ. Could be wrong, but still.

Type 9 seems possible too btw. Could even substitute 9 for Fe.

Hang on, how old are you? That could change things.

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's an impression, I can't rationalise it well with, you know, words. But I can tell because when someone "uses" a specific set of functions they come across a certain way. I even trawled through your old posts like a creepy stalker to check if my suspicions were correct and they were. I doubt you're an INTJ. Could be wrong, but still.

Type 9 seems possible too btw. Could even substitute 9 for Fe.

Hang on, how old are you? That could change things.

I

Infinite Bubble

That makes it a tad more difficult since people become more well-rounded. I can give you some info to help with figuring out whether you are core heart, head or gut.

Heart core types have issues with self-image.
Head core types have issues with anxiety.
Gut core types have issues with anger.

Which one have you had the most trouble with, throughout your life?

chubber

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it would be self-image - heart.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have this on, too, as an end to over a year's draconian elimination process that involved the research posters suggest and way too much more. When I first typed this way, I found it statistically loony and suspect as too tight of a fit to be true. Never told anybody that I was identifying as/discussing ISFP to pit it against another type in a Ni/Fi war. My understanding of Fi turned out to be quite unrefined, and I enjoy and respect Se, but use it symbolically rather than actively.

I understand this type as having the INTJ skeleton without the skin. Withdraws to shield exposed viscera. I talk and think more about the functions that evoke my problems and let be the ones that flow because those wheels don't squeak. Less confidence, but that's not type related. Other times, a frantic but ultimately passive urge to play breaks out (at least some weird and corny posts), yet sanity always returns. I gave up on wings and say there's a time for one, and there's a time for the other. 3x5.

Read, sniff out the best posters on the fuctions that interest you, and something will take shape. I repped you my guess; it's a cool one IMO.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I seem to get INTJ type 4w5 sp, sometimes I get type 9. So I'm now unsure if I am even INTJ. Is it even possible for for INTJ to be type 4?
I think Roger Waters is an INTJ 4w5.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It seems like INTJ would probably be the most likely to be a be a 4 with a thinking type. Besides there is no less emotional or most emotional type out there. T > F doesn't count for how sensitive you are. Feeling determines how you determine what is valuable, what is agreeable and what isn't either of these things. Introverted Irrationals in general are touchy if you want to go functional.

Amen.

I'm sure the combination is possible but in reality it's more likely that either your enneatype or MBTI is incorrect.

Mediocre stereotypical thinking.

That's what I would say.

Idem. Why is it so hard to understand people don't come in neat little boxes which fit into common expectations?

Any MBTI + Ennegram combination is possible.

I think Roger Waters is an INTJ 4w5.

Me too.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm INTJ 5w4. But I've always been prone to artistic faggotry - much more so than all other INTJ's I've met.

Nicodemus

Any MBTI + Ennegram combination is possible.
But some simply contradict each other. People are not combinations of types; they just are. So if you have to combine widely different types from MBTI and Enneagram to construct a proper description of yourself, chances are you are neither of these types, but rather some other type, or none at all.

HBIC

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But some simply contradict each other. People are not combinations of types; they just are. So if you have to combine widely different types from MBTI and Enneagram to construct a proper description of yourself, chances are you are neither of these types, but rather some other type, or none at all.

How would they contradic each other when they come from completely different systems built to make sense of completely different internal process?

Ennegram= core values, motivations, emotional responses
MBTI= mental processes and behavior

Of course people aren't combinations of type, they have different Ennegram + MBTI combinations.

Apparentely you haven't met any complex individuals or any walking contradiction in your life so far. Doesn't mean they don't exist. In fact, these type of forums probably wouldn't exist if everybody was conveniently easy to analize and put into a box with a label on it.

Some warped logic you have here.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Calb, I think you already found the thread I posted (a long time ago now) with the same question. The combination didn't make sense to me at the time, but it does now. There was another INTJ woman on the forum back then that I talked with about it a little. She and I seemed to have a very similar method of interpreting the world around us.

Don't try to FIT yourself into a combination that you think makes sense. We are what we are, and the more self exploration you do, the more comfortable you will be with yourself. Remember that the whole point of the Enneagram is to "learn" to use the best parts (and understand the bad parts) of all the types. The order you encounter them in depends on which direction you are "moving". All that being said, I am in a good place in my mind and in my life, so I guess I am a pretty "healthy" (and emotionally aware) INTJ 4w5. The director in my IT department recently told me that I have a unique combination of technical and soft skills that makes people want to follow my lead. I thought it was interesting (and rewarding) considering how often I used to piss people off or put my foot in my mouth. Anyway, here is what I have discovered about the extreme ends of my personality...

Unhealthy traits, when I was at my worst:
Controlling
Selfish
Angry but unwilling to admit it
Depressive/obsessive
Wrote lots of dark poetry with exaggerated emotional intensity
Felt extremely alone
Cajoled (and disrespected) anyone who liked anything pop culture people, music, etc
Was unable to focus on big picture choices... And consequently made a series of "reactive" (and feeling based) decisions back to back, each one compounding the anxiety that I felt making my situation and outlook worse each time.
Engaged in highly sensate activities like drinking, over eating, etc
Repeatedly asked "The Universe" when it would finally be my time to be happy, like there was some kind of cosmic scorekeeper who ought to know that I had paid my dues and deserved better.
Used my skills in debate to crush people who disagreed with me, like they shouldn't be so stupid as to argue with me because I was ALWAYS right.
Shut out everyone who was close to me

Current Traits:
Have learned patience
Value other opinions as a learning opportunity
Use pop culture references to build connections with others (May be a bit calculated, since I don't always love or even like the things being discussed, but I willingly partake and refrain from tearing things I don't like apart, verbally. In my head I still might.)
Practice small talk, but still find it nearly excruciating. I have mastered the appearance of taking interest in people's lives, even when I could care less about what they are making for dinner or how funny their cat is. I found that sometimes I learn neat things that ultimately do build a genuine bond with a person... It just takes weeding through the fluff to find it. It's a bit like tending a garden until a flower blooms lol.
I have much less of an ego than I used to have.
Emotional highs and lows are less frequent, and I can recognize (and redirect them) when I get moody.
I am aware of how others are feeling in a way that I never was before. Still terribly awkward at offering comfort, but I notice and do small things to make their life easier.
I consciously try to motivate others and help them reach their goals.
I still dislike physical contact with anyone who isn't my husband. (Who just happens to be the ENTJ mentioned in some of my last posts here a few years ago!)
I have moved more to the wing 5 of my Enneagram type, behaving like the Achiever more frequently.

Not sure if any of this really helps you, but know that the combination is not only possible, but if used to improve yourself, it can be very rewarding.

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I guess I am 4w5. But how would feeling-thinking-instinctive line up with INTJ?

The other people who posted this are correct... They measure two different aspects of your personality. I have always thought of the INTJ part of me as the bouncer at the door, managing my interactions with the world, and the 4w5 part as the little child in me that needs protected. That part of me is scared, in a deep down "four-year-old who is terrified of thunderstorms" kind of way. "Inside me" is silly, creative, whimsical, pouty, selfish and whines a lot. "Outside me" is confident, intelligent, analytical, composed, polite but distant. It's a really interesting place inside my head lol