• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs = the movie ruiners (Warning: this is a rant)

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
ENTJs are worse. I know people can't stand my heckling sometimes but no one ever wants to watch a movie with my ENTJ friend again after what he has done.

She's really more of an XNTJ, I suspect she might be more of an E.

I could never see the point of that movie.

Me: What is is about?
Her: A bunch of stoners who witness a murder.
Me: So, it's literally named after a type of weed? :huh:
Her: Yeah... So?
Me: :doh:

á´…eparted

passages
Lemme guess, they're in their early 20s?

Give them another shot around 30. Their inferior Se will have kicked in and suddenly you'll be baffled by the fact that they can be so easily amused by the stupidest crap ever :shock:

Heeeeee. I already laugh in hysterics over stupid crap. Though I have since I was rather young.

Example!

I pick apart movies during and afterwards, if it seems to annoy others though I will usually stop. The worst are action movies. The physics of it drives me insane. So many impossibilities and it just annoys me. You either need to be totally realistic, or unrealism has to be established. If you are in the middle ground I'll go nuts. Impossibilites without it being established as possibile will completely ruin them. Example: I loved the remake of alice in wonderland! The recent mission impossible? Couldn't take it.

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
One of my roommates, as well as my brother are both INTJs. I legitimately think I just need to stop watching movies with them, or I might kill them. They are incapable of watching anything without absolutely picking it apart after wards. It drives me crazy! I love a good discussion, and do find myself complaining about aspects of movies. But good grief! Just let yourself enjoy something for once instead of finding every single damn thing wrong with it!

Okay... I'm done now. My INTP friend does this a bit also, but not nearly as much.

So true! I remember an INTJ buddy of mine couldn't let anything go.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I could see a ni-te user potentially being that way. If they saw the movie and were into it, they would be eager to point out their observations and analysis. Then they may give more than a few things away that related to the plot. If it was their first viewing of the movie, I could see the ni leading up to them making predictions and the predictions being correct, thus spoiling it for everyone around them. Ni is a function that looks ahead.

I like to make monologue predictions myself but I keep it to myself. Most likely, there are INTJs like this too. I know one INTJ who is very considerate about spoilers so with this being said, these whatif scenarios don't apply to everyone.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
*laughs*

Ah, the memories.

Most people I clicked with were Ne-dom/aux and Ni-dom/aux users.
I used to watch an episode of a series or a movie with someone close, and we'd pause it everytime something deep with multiple facets was uttered, something that mattered happened, whether it is a new character appeared that we had to guess his role, or any other major revelation. We relished in writing the story ourselves. An episode of 24 minutes would take us 3-4 hours to go through with all the discussions in the middle. Someone would later post a puzzling question or an observation concerning the said movie on their Facebook wall, and we would discuss it lengthily.

In normal settings, I did tear apart anything I deemed as mundane or too superficial. I spoiled the ending of many movies because why not. I also used to tear apart musical tastes in a haughty sarcastic manner shaped as a dictum.

NTJs have this shitty thing called rationnalization. Unripe, they can make all of their opinions seem right regardless of proof.
We can also do or appreciate something that is seemingly grotesque in the eyes of the people and make it seem interesting because fuck you.

Only with time and a little bit of empathy and self-reflection we can overcome these prideful traits, or not.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh man, I only did that in church *ahem*

Glad I didn't do that to movies, but I do accidentally spoil them by predicting what will happen.