• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs = the movie ruiners (Warning: this is a rant)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
But that's the point: I cannot assume everyone wants to be treated as I would prefer, or values the same things I value. I need to ask instead how the other person wants to be treated, and that is often very difficult to discern.

I know, but that is step 2 in the process and i did not want to overwelm him! First we get the intj to see the reason to put effort in caring; then we teach em how to tailor it to others. Patience, woman!

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I used to ruin a lot of movies for people with my non-stop analysis; I've learned to do that in my head now, mostly. Also, to save it for after the movie is over. One thing that helped was being constantly reminded how annoying I was being...

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I used to ruin a lot of movies for people with my non-stop analysis; I've learned to do that in my head now, mostly. Also, to save it for after the movie is over. One thing that helped was being constantly reminded how annoying I was being...

See, mine just gets offended if I tell her she's being annoying. Although, I believe exhausting was my word of choice... And in her defense, she does usually save it for the ned of the movie. Except when we watched Harry Potter. Ten minutes in we had to pause the movie so we could discuss "where the magic came from." :dry:

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Se,, mine just gets offended if I tell her she's being annoying. Although, I believe exhausting was my word of choice... And in her defense, she does usually save it for the ned of the movie. Except when we watched Harry Potter. Ten minutes in we had to pause the movie so we could discuss "where the magic came from." :dry:

Well, of course, you have to do it in the right way. Always gentle. As much as they may deny it, INTJs are in some ways actually quite sensitive.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Can't speak for other INTJs, but to me the deciding factor is filmmaker's competence.

Like for example, I appreciate The Three Stooges because its intent is slapstick humor and for the most part it's done quite brilliantly. But if I see a movie with shit editing or crappy sound I get severly vexed.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Can't speak for other INTJs, but to me the deciding factor is filmmaker's competence.

Like for example, I appreciate The Three Stooges because its intent is slapstick humor and for the most part it's done quite brilliantly. But if I see a movie with shit editing or crappy sound I get severly vexed.

Amen

rogue350

Keep in mind that serious movies that are just plain crappy and have bad sound and bad editing and bad actors can be just as funny as a high budget comedy!

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why is everything about INTJ's? What about ENTP's? :'(

Do you want to be known as a movie ruiner? Isn't it a good thing that people don't have a bunch of negative things to say about you? ;)

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Keep in mind that serious movies that are just plain crappy and have bad sound and bad editing and bad actors can be just as funny as a high budget comedy!

The Room. Enough said.

Sinshred

MBTI Type
INTJ
If you just watch drama type movie so it no problem (simple plot, predictable ending) its become problem when you watch thriller/ mystery movie. So just watch only drama movies with them!! :D

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One of my roommates, as well as my brother are both INTJs. I legitimately think I just need to stop watching movies with them, or I might kill them. They are incapable of watching anything without absolutely picking it apart after wards. It drives me crazy! I love a good discussion, and do find myself complaining about aspects of movies. But good grief! Just let yourself enjoy something for once instead of finding every single damn thing wrong with it!

Okay... I'm done now. My INTP friend does this a bit also, but not nearly as much.

I figured this would be a rant about them being able to call the ending 15 minutes in.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I figured this would be a rant about them being able to call the ending 15 minutes in.

Haha! My IxTJ brother can usually do that, he does the other thing too. My roommate thankfully doesn't generally try to call endings...

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
Lemme guess, they're in their early 20s?

Give them another shot around 30. Their inferior Se will have kicked in and suddenly you'll be baffled by the fact that they can be so easily amused by the stupidest crap ever :shock:

lol!

yes my INTJ brother's new favorite movie is pacific rim, if that says anything. And yes, other than pacific rim, everything they watch is the stupidest movie they've ever seen, which I find ironic. I suspect he's never seen neon colors up until now.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Lemme guess, they're in their early 20s?

Give them another shot around 30. Their inferior Se will have kicked in and suddenly you'll be baffled by the fact that they can be so easily amused by the stupidest crap ever :shock:

We're currently watching her favorite movie: Pineapple Express. Case and point.

Alea_iacta_est

ENTJs are worse. I know people can't stand my heckling sometimes but no one ever wants to watch a movie with my ENTJ friend again after what he has done.