• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Te] Why should I love Te?

helen

MBTI Type
INFJ
So Te is one of my weakest functions. It's not something I'm terribly comfortable with in myself or in others. Manifestations of it can make me defensive and irritable. I like many people with Te as a dominant function, if we click on some level or other, but I often like them in spite of this rather than because of it.

I think this is silly and unbalanced of me. I want to cultivate more of an appreciation and liking for Te in it's own right. How should I do this?

Basically, this is an invitation for those of you with Te to brag on your strengths and say what it is that people should like about you and why.

Have fun! :D

Last edited:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
For feeler Te can be a problem especially if someone around you has developed Te.
I am relativly new to MBTI but for me Te is one very useful function. Because if you have a developed Te that means you are good at logical conversation and debates so on profesional level strong Te can be qute useful.

But on personal level Te can be source of many problems and it can make you quite intimidating especially if you are in softer and emotional enviroment.

Probably you started this thread because you have a problem whit Te around you.
You can cultivate more appreciation about Te by listening what Te person is actually saying. Also try to think more about what you have heard. By doing this you will probably realise that the person whit Te is saying something useful. Sometimes it will not be in the your field of interest but there is no cure for that.

Saying something useful is actually the whole point of Te, so this is actually what you should like about Te.
Also try to be more open minded because in many cases Te person looks like a smartass but that is only your impresion. But in some cases he/she actually is a smartass.

Also Te person can often be seen as a smartass just by doing their thing. Because of this Te person can deside to be a smartass because he/she is always seen as such.

I think this is a short insight you are want from this thread.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have more trouble utilizing Se/Si than Te, but yes, Te does seem to be a powerful sort of blunt force that I don't consciously use, yet I'm sure I *have* used it?

cn1234567890

MBTI Type
ENFP
Te is not my strongest function either but I have developed it and now i really do appreciate the T function and have a lot of fun with NTs.. You can't take what they say really personally, but if you see some truth in what they said it's just "that's kindof true and I'm okay with that" :nice: and if they have some kind of inconsistency in what they've said, don't be afraid to point it out to them. I get on better with INTXs, they seem to be more considerate to me, and not as double standard-y as ENTXs..

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Because it's aromatic, often full of caffeine and tasty!

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Because it's aromatic, often full of caffeine and tasty!

Let's not forget piquant and zesty with just a touch of sweetness!

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
As a feeler, Te is a function that's hard to "turn off" once you've gotten yourself wound up into using it. Think of a Drill Sargent that comes home and yells at his family.

Te is the best function for taking immediate command of a situation and can make you seem confident enough for people around to follow you. Te is a decision maker, it makes the call and sticks by it.

helen

MBTI Type
INFJ
I am relativly new to MBTI but for me Te is one very useful function. Because if you have a developed Te that means you are good at logical conversation and debates so on profesional level strong Te can be qute useful.

Yes, I could see admiring Te on these grounds. I'm not so good at debate myself, but it skill in this area can help to clarify so many things.

But on personal level Te can be source of many problems and it can make you quite intimidating especially if you are in softer and emotional enviroment.

Probably you started this thread because you have a problem whit Te around you.
Basically.

You can cultivate more appreciation about Te by listening what Te person is actually saying. Also try to think more about what you have heard. By doing this you will probably realise that the person whit Te is saying something useful. Sometimes it will not be in the your field of interest but there is no cure for that.

Saying something useful is actually the whole point of Te, so this is actually what you should like about Te.
This makes a lot of sense. I will try to process future statements by Te family members and friends with this in mind and see how it goes. Sounds like it should be, um, useful! :)

Thank you for the reply.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Te is blunt, useful, easy to reason with, easy to understand, works with the obvious, and cuts through layers of bullshit like a hot knife through butter.

It may not be 'nice,' but it's certainly a good thing to be able to use properly.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Te uses objective criteria for judgment (i.e. price, height, time, etc.). It is at the basis of law and justice. Basically, the social utility of Te is to ensure cohesion based on criteria that is the most acceptable to people regardless of their personal differences/opinions/feelings.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
personally i like people with Ne Ti Fe Si

Really? I find them to be quite full of themselves at times. ;)

Te will let you figure out logical inconsistencies in the here he said x, there he said x, but 5 pages later he says y way. It's an important tool to deal with society successfully, although I find that excessive Te makes for too much rigidity. Being Te myself, I always hope I get less Te "superiors" because they give way more leeway. :p

heart

heart on fire
For me as INFP, Te should be the slave of Fi, but it is a handy tool. Nothing would get done around here without it! I have to be well rested to use it well. What feeling wants to do, Te can come up with the will and way to get it done, usually very rote, by pen and paper, step by step list. Just have to be careful not to get stuck in the mode or get too dictatorial and rigid, which is not only exhausting for me, but doesn't look very good on me.

It is intersting that you are INFJ. My husband is INFJ and he loves my Te, always asking me to "nag" him into doing the things he needs to do. ;) He will be like "where do I begin, I cannot start" and Te can supply a starting point for him, via me, lol.

Te will let you figure out logical inconsistencies in the here he said x, there he said x, but 5 pages later he says y way. :p

Yes, these things can drive me crazy in the right mood.

helen

MBTI Type
INFJ
It is intersting that you are INFJ. My husband is INFJ and he loves my Te, always asking me to "nag" him into doing the things he needs to do. He will be like "where do I begin, I cannot start" and Te can supply a starting point for him, via me, lol.

That's neat. It is cool to hear how much your INFJ husband can appreciate your Te. Maybe I'm just not sure yet where it would fit into my life, or in which ways it could be useful, especially coming via someone else, lol. But I think it would be wise and mature if I could lose my annoying tendency towards an initial resistance to and suspicion of advice that is presented to me from a Te perspective. :) Hence, this thread.

Last edited: