• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Ever walked out of a store because you couldn't deal with it?

catlady

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I had to go to a pharmacy today to buy somewhat personal/embarassing items. I went to the closest pharmacy, but the shelf I needed was right beside the pharmacy counter with a long lineup of people and an elderly person had blocked the shelf by parking his motorized scooter in front. When I tried to get closer, another guy squeezed by me and hit me in the shoulder with a shopping basket. I got the hell out of that store and drove to another pharmacy. Is this a personality type behaviour, or would any frustrated person do the same?

G

Ginkgo

I had to go to a pharmacy today to buy somewhat personal/embarassing items. I went to the closest pharmacy, but the shelf I needed was right beside the pharmacy counter with a long lineup of people and an elderly person had blocked the shelf by parking his motorized scooter in front. When I tried to get closer, another guy squeezed by me and hit me in the shoulder with a shopping basket. I got the hell out of that store and drove to another pharmacy. Is this a personality type behaviour, or would any frustrated person do the same?

Eh, I think your behavior is understandable, personally - just given the fact that you were buying "personal" items. It doesn't sound like your greatest moment, though.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I don't like crowds and I hate waiting. Unless I was in a really chill mood or there was some kind of constraint that meant I really needed to get my stuff at that place or right away, I'd go someplace else or go back when it wasn't so busy.

Of course, if you're getting embarrassing stuff, it could possibly be less awkward to check out when the cashier was too busy to pay any attention to what anyone was buying. It could be really awkward to buy embarrassing stuff in a nearly deserted store with a bored cashier.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I've had to buy embarrassing things before, but never ran out of the store. Of course I knew no one in there so it's like fuck it, never gonna see you people again. Of course I had the cashiere double bag it. he tried not bagging it, and it's like really?

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I once about-faced, and walked out of a restaurant, just because the hostess had the audacity to attempt seating me sardine style between two loud obnoxious tables full of little kids, when there were plenty of other tables open. If I was in a better mood, I'd have just said 'No. How about over there?' But not that day. I went elsewhere, somewhat offended for reasons I can't quite explain.

When fate/stupidity conspires to fuck you, sometimes you just gotta walk away. Have no shame, sister.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd definitely FEEL like doing that... I just might be too lazy to actually leave the store, unless it was just really hard to walk through. I've definitely been frustrated during parking enough to just go home or go somewhere else for what I wanted to buy, though.

I take a lot of care to stay out of other people's ways, and I get really irked when they are in my way without compunction and/or just jostling/bumping/banging into me. I don't like it when people break my boundaries like that.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I get really irked when they are in my way without compunction and/or just jostling/bumping/banging into me. I don't like it when people break my boundaries like that.

people like that, make me wish i had a portable flame thrower

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
With the combination of barely being able to see, and having to get the largest size on the shelf, I'm not sure if I'm going back in another Hollister..... would have walked out before getting those awfully short shorts but they were soft and it was 100 degrees.

catlady

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
LOL, let it be known that I have never actually run out of a store (yeah, that would be weird and might get me stopped by a security guard!) and that the other store was on my way home.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'd definitely FEEL like doing that... I just might be too lazy to actually leave the store, unless it was just really hard to walk through. I've definitely been frustrated during parking enough to just go home or go somewhere else for what I wanted to buy, though.

This.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Not really.. I'd feel like I was letting people push me around and influencing my behavior if I ever did that. I'd be far more likely to tell people to move. (I'm trying to think of anything that embarrassing that I'd be less likely to be loud about annoying people.. but I just can't. An enema? Condoms? Lubricant? Tampons? Tampons for someone else? A personal massage thing? ... Okay, that last one I'd probably just leave instead of grabbing it.)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When I have to buy somewhat embarrassing things, I make sure to also buy some non-embarrassing things with it in hopes to 'cover up' the embarrassing thing. Am I the only one who does this?

A personal massage thing? ... Okay, that last one I'd probably just leave instead of grabbing it.)

A personal massage thing? Like, a vibrator, or a real actual massage thing?
I had no idea they sold those (vibrators) in drug stores. o_o

I remember buying condoms, tape, and a Santa hat once in a Walgreens and my bf wondered what they would make of that combination and I think probably nothing at all because they weren't that interesting.

I sometimes feel shame about the amount of chocolate I buy but that doesn't really stop me.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just always bank on the fact that other people buy "embarrassing" things too. Whatever. I really don't recall being embarrassed to buy anything before. If anything I'm happy to present a casual attitude about it so that maybe others will feel more comfortable with whatever they think is embarrassing. :shrug:

Lark

I've not acted on that impulse but yes, I definitely understand it, it was on my mind at the time I posted the thread about people walking into me.

I believe that thinkers have a tendency to be very thoughtful, that is reflective about themselves, possess a higher than average degree of self awareness and even critical awareness, they can then be conscientious and there can be strong underpinning affects which because feeling is repressed or disowned as a governing function are not so well handled.

So when you encounter situations which are likely to be trying or testing and challenging because you're going to be dealing with other people who are not so thoughtful, not so conscientious, possibly totally and utterly failing to think beyond themselves or just to think per se, that bumbling, "pin ball" sort of this minute positive, that minute negative depending on the last two words said to them by someone else, possibly of the exact same nature to them, that's going to be trying all by itself, sometimes if you're already on a low ebb and this shit hits you well "fuck it" and evade the source of the stress becomes the way to deal with it.

I know there's people going to describe that as introversion, perhaps there's a correlation, but I'm not sure about that, I see it built into entire systems, whether or not a measure of comprehension, calculation and critical thinking is involved, assumed or not on the part of users and people at one, two or three removes from that user. Like motorists on badly signposted roads or bad urban planning resulting in crowding or rioting.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had to go to a pharmacy today to buy somewhat personal/embarassing items. I went to the closest pharmacy, but the shelf I needed was right beside the pharmacy counter with a long lineup of people and an elderly person had blocked the shelf by parking his motorized scooter in front. When I tried to get closer, another guy squeezed by me and hit me in the shoulder with a shopping basket.

In the shoulder? Are you really, really short?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
A personal massage thing? Like, a vibrator, or a real actual massage thing?
I had no idea they sold those (vibrators) in drug stores. o_o

I remember buying condoms, tape, and a Santa hat once in a Walgreens and my bf wondered what they would make of that combination and I think probably nothing at all because they weren't that interesting.

I sometimes feel shame about the amount of chocolate I buy but that doesn't really stop me.

They have those like little ones you put on the finger at places like Walmart, so I assume they have them in drug stores like Walgreens too. I haven't seen any of the 'normal' ones outside of sex shops though.

AzulEyes

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have done stuff like that before. Depends on my mood- if I felt impatient and the world pushed me over the edge. lol Don't sweat it- and glad you got your personal stuff elsewhere.

And don't be shy buying stuff- just have fun looking at the cashiers feel embarassed to have to ring it up. lol