• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP CPA's?

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Is this a good profession for an INTP?
Can it be?
I'm taking some accounting classes now and am enjoying it more than I thought- it's a little dry but not so difficult and it's nice how everything is so logical.
I've heard that being a CPA allows for more innovation and flexibility than being an entry-level accountant.
Other people have told me that I would be a really good accountant when I was discussing career plans because I'm a clear, logical thinker who can pay attention to detail. All of this describe INTP's well? However, would an INTP get any enjoyment from being a CPA or is it just a nice way to make money?

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I know one, he seems to enjoy it. Sorry, that's all I can offer you. It doesn't seem to be the kind of thing that an hypothetical INTP would hypothetically love doing, but evidently for a real INTP it can be.

Priam

MBTI Type
INTP
The fascinating thing about the INTP personality type is that we can be great at anything. It entirely depends on whether it becomes our primary focus and fixation in life to excel in that field. If yes? Then we're constantly striving to be expert and uber-competent. If no? Wow can we suck.

It's really all down to driving interest.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Sweet!
I've been taking an accounting class or two over the summer and I think this may be the field for me.
More advanced accounting has some interesting problems and I have been somewhat of a stock junkie.
I think it may suit my interests best even though I'm an NP type.
Also, it is a lot of money and I do love money! :D

FMSTER

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTP CPAs

As an INTJ who is a CPA, I would say that an INTP could be successful.