• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why do people hate INTJs?

Felix5

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
What a timely bump. Thank you new person, for inadvertently illustrating that the concept of hatred knows NO typological bounds.

Is this supposed to be addressed to me?

BeyondTheGrey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTJs are just a bit tactless. They're really nice people though. My senior, best friend, is an INTJ. He always asks me on how I'm doing in terms of academics, talks about politics etc and is actually really good at solving problems, even emotional ones. In a way, he helps me separate my emotion from thought so as to bring about a different perspective in an argument. He did say he doesn't really work well with feelings, but he tries* to be considerate.

Personally, i think he's awesome.

Zen_alpha

MBTI Type
MIND
Enneagram
5w6
INTJ are people who guide your mind to what is good, without forcing it on you. They give you their precious time when you want their advice, and they always seek "rightness" and enlighten you to what is the truth. That's why people hate them.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTJ are people who guide your mind to what is good, without forcing it on you. They give you their precious time when you want their advice, and they always seek "rightness" and enlighten you to what is the truth. That's why people hate them.

Why would someone hate that? Does not compute.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why would someone hate that? Does not compute.
Because many people just want to be told what they want to hear; don't want actual solutions to their problems, just a forum to vent; and whatever goals they have are far baser and less practical than seeking rightness and truth.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ's smell like bologne and dirty underpants

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
From the few interactions I've had with INTJs online: they're usually right when they've studied an issue, but they're very frequently wrong when they haven't studied the issue (due to an over-reliance on authoritative sources?).

rmrf

If you want to know why INTJs often get a bad rap, look at the channel of a Youtuber by the name of thunderf00t and take note of what autoplays when you visit his channel

Galaxy Gazer

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The ones that I know seem to think they're above social rules/norms. Their values and opinions are based on Fi, but instead of recognizing this, INTJs (just xNTJs in general) think they have some sort of deep, logical understanding that no one else does.

Other than that, I don't mind INTJs at all. They're the only people I know who dislike certain ESFJs as much as I do. I can be completely negative and hateful around them and they don't mind; in fact they seem to enjoy angrily ranting together. It's a fun activity that usually leaves us both feeling great. My best frenemy in high school was an INTJ. I miss her, even though I was claiming to hate her half the time.

Oh, another thing I dislike about INTJs is their obsession with order. INTJs are just downright cruel when put in positions of authority, and this pisses me off probably more than anything.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Bunch of elitist pricks, think they're so fricken' smart, the douchebag hipsters with their weirdass faces, devolving the scenario to screwed up places :mad:

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
1. When it comes down to it, they always show you how petty and cruel they really are
2. Micromanagers
3. Tearing people apart in the most hurtful ways they can think of to prove themselves
4. Often see themselves as the sole bearers of rightness and truth
5. Can lack a sense of camaraderie and humor

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The ones that I know seem to think they're above social rules/norms. Their values and opinions are based on Fi, but instead of recognizing this, INTJs (just xNTJs in general) think they have some sort of deep, logical understanding that no one else does.
We are above social rules and norms. But then again, so is everyone else. We are just more likely to realize it and to act on it.

SlytherinD

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
8w7
I usually love INTJ's but for example my sister is one and she drives me crazy she always thinks she's right when I KNOW that I'm right and she uses retard psuedo intellect to prove her points and that's not the worst part the worst part is she thinks that I eventually give in to being wrong but I never do just at a certain point arguing isn't necessary anymore. She's really bossy her boyfriend is like a little puppy trained to do whatever she wants I guess he has no balls. She is messy as fuck and she thinks it's a "group effort" to keep the house clean communist motha fucka always uses any excuse to get what she wants "I'm sick give my your ice cream that you bought " nahh pimp that's my ice cream.

There was this other INTJ I knew when I was first introduced to MBTI and he was super attractive to me but I always felt like he was too smart I often felt like "why are you even talking to me" because he was like too smart I just felt ashamed of being a fool.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Oh, another thing I dislike about INTJs is their obsession with order. INTJs are just downright cruel when put in positions of authority, and this pisses me off probably more than anything.

This seems more of an I/ESTJ area. They're addicted to protocol and you'll do it exactly that way or they'll pound you into the ground. Every INTJ that I work with is like - did you get it done? Cool. They don't care how you got it done. I don't care how you get it done as long as it's done. You kind of have to do things correctly to get them done in my line of work so I don't dwell on protocol.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This seems more of an I/ESTJ area. They're addicted to protocol and you'll do it exactly that way or they'll pound you into the ground. Every INTJ that I work with is like - did you get it done? Cool. They don't care how you got it done. I don't care how you get it done as long as it's done. You kind of have to do things correctly to get them done in my line of work so I don't dwell on protocol.

That's what I love about INTJ's. :wubbie:

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
awww, look at all the hate in here. Who says it's reserved for INFJs on this forum? Seems to be plenty to go around. :wubbie:

I do know a couple of INTJs who are very anal about details. Our previous minister comes to mind, questioning the why of why you did most anything, including font choice and arrangement of visual elements to the pixel. I know his questions were about understanding but most people interpret that as micro-management (and it kind of imparts a message that everyone else is rather incompetent).

Having a lot of xSTJs in my life, I can't say they're procedurally anal, but they do want things done properly, to their standard and by a certain time. To me, that's more their hang-up than the exact how.

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Bunch of elitist pricks, think they're so fricken' smart, the douchebag hipsters with their weirdass faces, devolving the scenario to screwed up places :mad:

Hey, ya gonna use this post as lyrics for your new song? :)

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't. (dislike intj's). Not in profile or in person.
And I haven't really noticed a strong dislike for them in any other regard (but some of the comments in this post make me wonder.)

I really admire how much they don't seem to seek validation from others.
And they don't care about this admiration, which makes it even stronger, lol.

The only thing that has ever bugged me, is that some of them seem to keep their feels locked down. And in doing so, they actually cut off one of the best/most interesting/colorful parts of themselves in the process.

Not that they'd give a shit, about that either.

Oh, and the pigeonholing thing.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

The only thing that has ever bugged me, is that some of them seem to keep their feels locked down. And in doing so, they actually cut off one of the best/most interesting/colorful parts of themselves in the process.

I feel like many other types already have that covered and then some. They kind of suck all the feels air out of the room for anyone else.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I do know a couple of INTJs who are very anal about details. Our previous minister comes to mind, questioning the why of why you did most anything, including font choice and arrangement of visual elements to the pixel. I know his questions were about understanding but most people interpret that as micro-management (and it kind of imparts a message that everyone else is rather incompetent).
I often ask questions like this. I have never understood why some people interpret them as directions and not questions. For example, if I ask someone "why are you putting the coffee pot over there?" they will respond with, "OK - I can put it somewhere else". I didn't ask them to put it somewhere else. I just want to understand why they chose to put it where they did. A request for information is exactly that. I am perfectly able to say, "Could you please move the coffee pot over here?" if that is what I mean.

Not that they'd give a shit, about that either.

Oh, and the pigeonholing thing.
Why do you find "feels" more interesting than other aspects of us as people?

Also, what do you mean by pigeonholing?