• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Why do people hate INTJs?

Felix5

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
he main thing I've disliked about the INTJs I've come across in real life, including one's whom I deeply respect, is this tendency to come across as quietly judgmental, like a vibe of contempt and judgmental passive aggression at what they perceive as my lack of competence and just generally disdain of messy INTPs like myself. I'd actually prefer it if they were bold enough to just say their criticism to my face. Also the age old conflict of Ti vs Te as well as their dislike of my ability to express Ni via Ti-Si has lead to me having a few issues with some of the INTJs I knew at school, one in particular. Which is a shame, as he's really intelligent and I have a great deal of respect for him, but we've always been somewhat 'fren-emies'.

They're definitely judgmental, but I'd say it's more in a nit picky way. Sometimes INTJs have resting bitch face which some people assume is negative or nasty. It's really our neutral or default expression. We're really not thinking anything underneath. If we're going to judge you, we're going to tell you in a nice, but slightly douchy way. Usually nitpicking every little word or tearing your arguments apart. Yeah, it is a pain in the ass isn't it? I used to be like that all the time, I've since stopped because I see no point in it and I realize that it comes off as irritating.

The one thing I can't stand is a lack of commitment. If you say you're going to do something and you don't, that is a huge problem for me. Or showing up late (I've noticed this is very prominent with Ps)...or taking forever.

Sometimes INTPs take forever because they are very detail oriented. INTJs don't have the time or patience for that.

A bit of a tangent, but doee anyone else think that people with inverted model 8th functions e.g. INTj/INTp is a personality clash.

I've never had issues with INTPs, but I tend to find that their attention to detail is frustrating. Sometimes I just want to get something done really quickly and the details aren't as relevant as the INTP thinks. Or sometimes the INTP isn't thinking of the bigger picture.

Case in point: Whenever I stock freight, I find it easier for one of us to open the boxes and ring. The other one will push the freight out. It takes us about 15-30 minutes depending on how much we have to do. I am very fast at pushing the freight out.

The INTP likes to have me ring and do it himself. It takes him...like two hours. I've tried to explain to him that it's easier to have me ring, but there is no getting through to him (I suspect he hates ringing and just wants me to do it). Then we end up running late and he takes forever to recover (clean the store) because he's very detail oriented. Then we end up staying later after closing because, again, he takes forever to count the cigarettes, his drawer, and end the day. It's amusing to watch the ISTJ and INTP interact because the ISTJ is super action oriented and wants to get stuff done right away.

Felix5

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
We have been around this block before. That seems to be your retort whenever someone asks you a question you can't be bothered to answer, or calls you on something you can't be bothered to explain. Who cares?

LOL!! Calls me on what exactly??! He didn't like how I wrote my post, well....first of all, get over it. Second of all, is it really as big of a deal as he's making it out to be? Not to me anyway...

I'm not going back to that one post pages ago and changing it. Fuck that!

Also, I do it because it's honest and realistic. I don't care about some poster who wants to pick out every little stupid thing in my post. (Which, if we're picking out poster flaws, is a HUGE problem with you guys!!) Do you people really have nothing better to do then tear apart every word in my post? It's silly, don't you think? It makes me not want to talk to you and it interrupts the flow of a perfectly fine discussion.

I used to be that way and you don't realize how frigging irritating it comes off as.

If you want me to be even more honest, I'll say that the second I saw his post I wanted to jump through the screen and slap him across the face. I kind of want to do that you right now, actually, for perpetuating a stupid argument.

The members in this thread who are asking you to do it, or at least why you do not. Obviously. And no, this is not simply weeks in the past. You are still not using the quote function correctly, even now. You are the one arguing. We are simply trying to understand.

I'm starting to understand why people can't stand INTJs, at least the ones on this board. You guys really are irritating to have a conversation with. Good lord.

Ursa

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
8w7

Well, yes and no. It's OK. I'll teach you the method to quote that ensures users are made known that you responded:

First - there are two options to quote. You currently use one option. This, like the other option, creates a break in the text that makes it easier to read.

The other option is to include the quoted participant's username in the HTML. This not only sends an alert to that person that you have responded, but it importantly includes a link back to their post. I have occasionally seen misquotes used in heated debates that were quickly discovered and resolved because it was easy to link back to the quoted post and do an accuracy check. Much more than politeness, this is what this quote option is really about: the alert sent to the quoted user and the link back to their post. It basically makes online discussion easier.

Fortunately, this process is simple and convenient: click "Reply With Quote." You will notice the username and the post code included in the HTML. In this case (my post now), it says (with brackets and such): Felix5;2616659. That's it! Done. "Reply with Quote."

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We are pretty insufferable ;) I know that I wouldn't want to supervise myself. And I get into trouble when I assume that everyone has the context that I have and get impatient with them.

Kelly777

MBTI Type
Infj
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have known two INTJs that I'm aware of. I was immediately drawn to them. They did have some traits that put me off, however. They were both pretty critical, cynical, arrogant, stubborn, paranoid and somewhat unaware of how they made others feel. They were difficult. But I still liked them. They were deep, intelligent and interesting.

jcloudz

Yup
MBTI Type
Istj
the truth? this is hard but okay. they don`t wash their ass enough an need to be reminded all the time. im sorry but someone had to say it.

intjs are pretty awesome people, when they are older but when they are younger they can be pretty full of themselves, judgmental.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Because we are sometimes impossible to deal with.

This silly test score makes me smile even after so many years. :D

D'Ascoyne

Because they're lazy. You'd have to be lazy to hate/love/like/dislike someone based on MBTI typing. On top of which, most people are not correctly typed.

Ursa

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
8w7
It is hard to talk to you. As much as I want to hear you INTJs speak, you seem hard to convince to speak more openly.

Please do not be intimidated into silence by SJs. INTJs have ideas that may be valuable; provide data that supports your vision and SJs will respect you more.

However, the keyword is data. I am not convinced that data is a non-issue with INTJs. The INTJs here seem adapted somewhat but Se is usually not a trait INTJs can develop easily. Always provide data. JSTOR is a start (I may post link requests.)

No academic articles? Then no substantial data.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ's are generally straight forward. Their weaknesses are kept close at heart and often invisible to others. It might not be nice to say it like this but one of the basis of succesful social interaction in our society is the ability to influence and manipulate. People develop skills for this, these skills in particular does not work well on INTJ's. Meaning that beyond respect people have a hard time to take a liking to INTJ's. At the very least it requires more effort and time.

So the fault does not lie with INTJ's, but with other people not understanding INTJ's.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
The REAL reason people hate INTJs:

Ni is the best function
and TJs don't share.

Dolce vita

MBTI Type
INFJ
Cuz you guys are weird. [emoji3] no but seriously, they don't. Being a rare type means you don't fit the norm. Humans like patterns, they developed them for survival. You don't fit the pattern. That's all. Embrace it, it is beautiful. Be yourself and bleep everybody else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Cuz you guys are weird. [emoji3] no but seriously, they don't. Being a rare type means you don't fit the norm. Humans like patterns, they developed them for survival. You don't fit the pattern. That's all. Embrace it, it is beautiful. Be yourself and bleep everybody else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dislike the advice bleep everyone else because that just leads to unhealthiness and unwillingness to face with problems head on.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Maybe because they're less readily approachable than other types of personalities out there? So far, my experience tells me they take a bit more work to unravel and to see the warmth within them than other types. They're depth and knowledge though, is what has me coming back for more, even if at first they may appear distant.

Cowardly

deactivated
Physical appearance will often outweigh personality in the eyes of people who don't know you well.