• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INTP or INFJ?

kikat

I think I may be an INTP; that's why I wanted to hear from NT's. However, I’ve been taking the MBTI for years and I always score as an INFJ or an INTP. I drives me crazy that I can’t figure out which type I am. I think I’m either an INFJ with strong ti or an INTP with strong fe. Please, I need some insight to end my madness! OK, so here's some info about me.

I like to make lists and plans but sometimes I don’t stick to them. I’m not very laid back and I’ve been told I can be anxious and uptight. Most of this stems to the fact that I feel the need to be in control of things, even things I have no control over. For ex, if I’m interviewing for a job, I will rehearse tons of q&a’s and memorize what to say verbatim. However, I am also a total scatterbrain. Can’t remember where I put stuff, lose everything, etc. On the other hand, I hate making decisions, and once a decision is made, I often second guess it. When I am making a decision, I often do lots of research and compare and contrast information. Rarely do I make a big decision unless it feels logical to me.

I’ve been told I’m very anti-social and aloof. I go to great lengths to avoid hanging out with others, including family members. It’s not that I’m shy or awkward; it’s just I’m not interested in what other people’s lives. I fake smiling, but deep down I don’t give a shit. I rarely ask others questions about their own lives because frankly, I don’t care. I hate small talk. My husband gets offended because he doesn’t think I care about what he says. He often says I never ask him about himself and he easily gets offended by things I say. I often times have no idea what he’s even referring to. A lot of times I think people are way too sensitive or take things too personal. On the other hand, I feel am I very sensitive and take things very personal (very contradictory, I know). I hate criticism and I like to be rewarded for doing a good job. I constantly think that people hate me or that they’re conspiring against me. I’m very paranoid.

I can be very blunt and outspoken, especially on topics that are very important to me. I‘m also very assertive and don’t shy away from confrontation. However, I hate disharmony and will go to great lengths to make amends. I rarely hold grudges. I will confront someone if something is off and try to set things straight. I also have no problem apologizing for my mistakes if they seem rational.

I really don’t really share information with others. However, I have been known to share too much information sometimes. This is my issue with self-control. A lot of times I will blurt out private information without meaning too and then regret it.

I am uncomfortable with emotional outbursts from others and I have a difficult time comforting others if the emotions don’t seem illogical. However, as I said I can also be very emotional. I can cry at the drop of a hat if my feelings are hurt, but I can also be very tough-minded if I have to. However, I hate being emotional because it makes me feel weak.

I am very intuitive of people and know what they’re thinking or feeling; however sometimes I don’t pay attention to social cues and it gets me in trouble.

I can be very gregarious with people if I want to be. I can also talk to strangers if I need to. I’ve been in teaching in and sales. I’m good at selling things and helping kids earn.

I’ve been told that others feel the need to babysit me. I don’t understand this. I guess maybe I’m too much inside my head too much of the time to be bothered with how I come across to people.

Although I am very intuitive, I have a hard time giving way to flights of fancy if the facts are right in front of me. For example, when my mother was dying of cancer they gave her 5% chance of living to 2 years. Everyone in my family thought there was going to be a miracle and that she could beat the disease. They thought I was too rational because I knew in my heart (after researching the facts and talking to her doctors) that one cannot deny facts.

I will give the shirt off my back to those that I love and will put my needs on the back burner to help others. However, I’ve also been told that I can also be very selfish and self-centered at the same time.

I have a keen sense of aesthetics and love decorating and I am good at crafts. I think my sensing is strong in that way. Sometimes I get caught up with details and can notice little things that others cannot.

I will go to great lengths to make others happy-on my own terms. I will do things for others and ask for nothing in return. I will search forever for the perfect gift or surprise people with nice gestures out of the blue. However, I can fake it in some situations if I have to. For the most part, people do like me. I often think people don’t really know the real me though since a lot of it is an act.

I am compassionate-for animals. I love animals and am a rescue volunteer at an animal shelter. I am a vegetarian for moral and ethical reasons (a vegan for some time). However, I made this decision after I researched factory farms and found out how meat is made and how poorly animals are treated. I wanted to be a veterinary technician, but couldn’t finish the schooling because the school I went to tested on animals in a laboratory and I couldn’t bring myself to be a part of it. Why test on animals when it’s not necessary? Why kill or maim them for scientific purposes when there are other ways? It made no sense to me. I also couldn’t declaw an animal because I know how painful it is for an animal and how unnecessary it is when there are other ways to stop the behavior. Of course, did a lot of research on these issues before making this decision.

So, that’s me. Thanks for reading.