• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Kind, sensitive, butler-like ENTP's?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do you think ENTP can be sensitive, butler-like, and perpetually honey-sweet?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh I can't even sort of see it. Like at all.

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well, my ENTP coworker is kind of like that...mixed with Puck and some alien creature.

Constantly serving and pleasing others out of guilt...
Edit: Not quite like that. VERY polite though. Once ate a bowl of something at an Indian restaurant so spicy it made her cry (with her mom- they both did) just to be polite and not send it back. They laughed and cried through the whole meal. I don't understand being that masochistic, personally, but it makes for a funny story.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, my ENTP coworker is kind of like that...mixed with Puck and some alien creature.

Edit: Not quite like that. VERY polite though. Once ate a bowl of something at an Indian restaurant so spicy it made her cry (with her mom- they both did) just to be polite and not send it back. They laughed and cried through the whole meal. I don't understand being that masochistic, personally, but it makes for a funny story.

I don't know why I always feel so guilty, but I do…
It seems like no matter how kind I am, I can never atone for whatever is bothering me…

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know why I always feel so guilty, but I do…
It seems like no matter how kind I am, I can never atone for whatever is bothering me…

It's probably common for ENTP's and they just don't show it or talk about it much, because of their thinking preference. But I think Fe being tertiary and subservient to Ti would make it a little out of proportion.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think Í'm a little like that at times. I don't think I'm a Ne dom, though.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
That... does not really ring of ENTP. Can, probably, but likely, no, and Occam's Razor whenever possible.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How would such an ENTP be different from an ENFP?

I think it can be really difficult to determine the T or F-ness of a strong Ne-dom.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
A E2 or a Tritype 2 maybe?

I'm never going to be one to say it's impossible, but statistically it's more likely that it's a mistype. Statistically.

But yeah maybe ENTP 692/some combo like that.

fia. said:
I think it can be really difficult to determine the T or F-ness of a strong Ne-dom.

Yeah. Especially with the super-airy 7s.

I can't say I've had much experience with ENTP 6s or 9s.

sculpting

Do you think ENTP can be sensitive, butler-like, and perpetually honey-sweet?

Absolutely. Some of the most honey-sweet people I have known are entps using Fe.

When my best friend forever, who I love more than all the world, a delightful ENTP lady, does this, I call it her school teacher face. It is so pleasent and accomodating, and she seems extremely receptive and understanding.

It is a mask however, and at work behind the scenes she is watching to understand what she needs to do to accompilsh the goal and there is distinct pushing/pulling on the other person as needed.

At home, this butler face becomes real, as her primary drive is to make others in her life happier, while still retaining her own individual existance. (these are her words sort of paraphrased, so forgive sloppiness and lack of precision)

sculpting

How would such an ENTP be different from an ENFP?

Just my observations form the entps/enfps I have watched, so take a isolated observations, but:

The enfp will tend to be more spontaneous and exhibit bursts of authentic randomness-the ENTP is smooth...It is a very continual, almost relaxing vibe. Most of my best friends over the years have been ENTPs due to this calm effect they have.

Additionally the enfp will look inwards towards themselves as we take measure of our own kinesthetic feeling. (usually a down and to the right look). Rarely does the entp break eye contact and the feel is much more of looking into you and trying identfy what you are feeling.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
This is probably due more to low self-esteem than anything else. Don't waste your time feeling guilty over silly little things. It takes up energy, and might be why you feel listless at times.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is probably due more to low self-esteem than anything else. Don't waste your time feeling guilty over silly little things. It takes up energy, and might be why you feel listless at times.

Thank you...
The only reason I think I'm T is because I definitely use Ti instead of Te...

I just wish I could stop feeling guilty...
It almost seems like I should be guilty for certain things...
Wasting paper in art class, not being masculine enough, not serving others as well as they could be served, and not performing tasks in an efficient, responsible manner...

I really wonder if the world would be better served if I just stayed out of the world's way...
When I try to help, all I can seem to do is break something or make things far worse...
I feel so horrible all the time...

It seems like I do most things because I need to, rather than want to...
...but even then, if I try to do it well, I am harshly criticized for not doing anything efficiently or well enough...
It feels like I'm suffocating, and there is nothing I can possibly do and there is nobody to talk to...

Is that understandable?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you...
The only reason I think I'm T is because I definitely use Ti instead of Te...

I just wish I could stop feeling guilty...
It almost seems like I should be guilty for certain things...
Wasting paper in art class, not being masculine enough, not serving others as well as they could be served, and not performing tasks in an efficient, responsible manner...

I really wonder if the world would be better served if I just stayed out of the world's way...
When I try to help, all I can seem to do is break something or make things far worse...
I feel so horrible all the time...

It seems like I do most things because I need to, rather than want to...
...but even then, if I try to do it well, I am harshly criticized for not doing anything efficiently or well enough...
It feels like I'm suffocating, and there is nothing I can possibly do and there is nobody to talk to...

Is that understandable?

Of course, now I feel guilty because I might be making somebody else feel bad...

I act much more cheerful on the outside, but I have crushing guilt and worry and angst on the inside...