• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Kind, sensitive, butler-like ENTP's?

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Of course, now I feel guilty because I might be making somebody else feel bad...

I act much more cheerful on the outside, but I have crushing guilt and worry and angst on the inside...

I'm not hurting anybody, am I?

I have a deep fear of causing others discomfort, as I know how others can inadvertently do that to me...

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sounds terrible.

a butler by definition is an inferior serving those with high status.

I guess anyone with low confidence and a messed up psyche could be like, regardless of type.

That is precisely how I feel...

W

WALMART

Sounds terrible.

a butler by definition is an inferior serving those with high status.

I guess anyone with low confidence and a messed up psyche could be like, regardless of type.

A butler is not merely a butler. Take the dualities of Professor Aronnax and Conseil, or Bruce Wayne and Alfred Pennyworth, or Tim Duncan and the rest of his team. There is a vital niche to be filled by caregiver types that few others can exceed at. I don't think submitting to your strengths is an inherent indicator of poor psychological health.

I have noted a tendency for caregiver types to be consistently more sorrowful about the particulars of reality, but my data pool isn't exactly scientific.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
magic please understand that you are not an entp or a 6

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I believe you told me ENFP 4w5, though I have these strange numb patches, too...

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I will definitely look more into myself, though after I have one of my intense episodes, it tends to make me super-numb for a while...
It's like I lapse into the darkness only to have my nerve-endings scalded off...
...only to have them regrow the next day so the agony can continue...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I believe you told me ENFP 4w5, though I have these strange numb patches, too...

I did and those numb patches are a defense mechanism. Not ti.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I did and those numb patches are a defense mechanism. Not ti.

Really...

I just hope I can spare some of this pain from my children...
If I am even worthy of allowing myself such a pleasure as children...

Istbkleta

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Additionally the enfp will look inwards towards themselves as we take measure of our own kinesthetic feeling. (usually a down and to the right look).

I always thought they were looking down to hide their feelings until ready (if ever) to articulate them.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

He seems like a 4 from what I've seen. :D And an INFP > ENFP as he seems like an Fi-dom rather than an Ne-dom.

As for the original topic, I can see kind and sensitive ENTPs with good Fe. One of my closest friends was an ENTP with well-developed Fe. She can be polite when required but is usually silly and fun to be around.

Constantly serving and pleasing others out of guilt...

Not like that, though. If you are indeed a 4 this could be 4 disintegrating to 2? Especially since your posts seem to indicate you don't really feel healthy or happy at all.

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
That is precisely how I feel...

You should look into videos and/or books on assertiveness and self-confidence.

I dislike the term "self-confidence" because "confidence" is merely situational competence. However if you can learn the techniques to feel "at ease" and assertive you then have the situational competence to deal with previously intimidating social situations.

Good luck. :)

Il Morto Che Parla

MBTI Type
xxTP
A butler is not merely a butler. Take the dualities of Professor Aronnax and Conseil, or Bruce Wayne and Alfred Pennyworth, or Tim Duncan and the rest of his team. There is a vital niche to be filled by caregiver types that few others can exceed at. I don't think submitting to your strengths is an inherent indicator of poor psychological health.

I have noted a tendency for caregiver types to be consistently more sorrowful about the particulars of reality, but my data pool isn't exactly scientific.

There are situations in life where you have to be "the butler", for example a lot of the time in my work, I have to deal with people of very high social status (monetary, political etc.), and have to act as their "butler".

It can be a useful thing to do as long as you know it is a self-interested "act".

This isn't the same as feeling oneself to inherently be everyone's "butler" in life for no self-benefit. I don't see how that could be healthy. Also it is not the same as a healthy "caregiver" devoted to someone they love. "Butler" denotes servility and acting.

IMO

ColonelGadaafi

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
Si
Just find someone servile and meek enough. Low testosterone fools.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He seems like a 4 from what I've seen. :D And an INFP > ENFP as he seems like an Fi-dom rather than an Ne-dom.

As for the original topic, I can see kind and sensitive ENTPs with good Fe. One of my closest friends was an ENTP with well-developed Fe. She can be polite when required but is usually silly and fun to be around.

Not like that, though. If you are indeed a 4 this could be 4 disintegrating to 2? Especially since your posts seem to indicate you don't really feel healthy or happy at all.

yeah he seems more infpish to me too but i didn't mention it because i just can't imagine a true infp not being sure rather or not they were an introvert....or thinking they were an extrovert.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
yeah he seems more infpish to me too but i didn't mention it because i just can't imagine a true infp not being sure rather or not they were an introvert....or thinking they were an extrovert.
I actually self-described myself as INFP at first, but only half the people I knew thought I was introverted, the other half thought I was extroverted...
I did a test to make sure, and I am very close to the center...though very slightly on the E side...very slightly...
The F trait in me is also pretty slight, but I think I repress it somewhat because I'm male, and a lot of people say I'm feminine...so even with repressed F, I come across as girly for some reason...

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually self-described myself as INFP at first, but only half the people I knew thought I was introverted, the other half thought I was extroverted...
I did a test to make sure, and I am very close to the center...though very slightly on the E side...very slightly...
The F trait in me is also pretty slight, but I think I repress it somewhat because I'm male, and a lot of people say I'm feminine...so even with repressed F, I come across as girly for some reason...

makes sense...but you do kind of seem fi dom. i think you are probably an extrovert if others think you are...probably only half the people i meet would think i was too.

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
makes sense...but you do kind of seem fi dom. i think you are probably an extrovert if others think you are...probably only half the people i meet would think i was too.

When I started calling myself an extrovert, the half that agreed on introvert were like, "Woah! I wouldn't have called you that in a million years!"

Really, though...
I think it depends on if I'm interested in something or not...

I relate somewhat more to inferior Te than inferior Si, though...
...This is despite relating slightly more to Ne-dom than Fi-dom...
...Of course...
...I don't have a perfectly constant stream of ideas...
...Stress, like what I constantly experience, can slow the flow to a trickle...

Avocado

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, well...

My problem is guilt...
I have to be a superego type, and a head type...
That would make me a 6...

The more I examine myself, the more I look like an INFJ...
It seems peculiar, I know...
It fits except I don't have any J traits...I am very disorganized and forgetful...
The functions of INFJ fit pretty well, though...
I really see more Ji than Je in me, but since I don't use Te, and Ti-Fe would create too impish of a personality...
INFJ must be it...