• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Judging people on MBTI alone?

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Really? Many people view ENTJ as the evil boss-type that will fuck up your day beyond recognition. :D Seems to be a generally accepted view. :blush:
While i'm quite good at being a pain in the ass, I try to avoid that. ESTP on the other hand is portrayed as the classical Joey-kind of guy that will make you laugh and/or try to get into your pants while drinking half the content in a fairly well-sized bar :smile: I love ESTP's.
Don't forget, you're complaining about not being listened to, rather than not being liked (both of which are subjective anyway but that's not really the point). If anything I'd expect people to pay less attention to an ESTP's intellectual ideas because they tend to be stereotyped as the crazy frat-boy type without a brain.

What has changed in your opinion? It's hard to pinpoint.
Different people posting with different posting frequencies and even different topics - different ingredients and cooking times leads to a different cake (or sometimes one that fails to rise...).

It's nothing specific, but it's clear to me that the forum has a different "feel" to it from a few months ago....which is turn, was different from a few months before that, which is why I suspect it's just forum evolution. Some people may prefer the new feel, and I suspect many do.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, i'd rather have an ESTP or ENTP beside me in a crisis situation than just about any other type. They tend to be quite good at tactical scenarios, if we are to believe behaviourism. My strategy planning is way greater than my tactical skills. Even if I stay composed, a fairly intelligent ESTP would best me any day at anything from a paintball tournament to taking care of wounded people at a car crash site.
(tactical = short term (action), Strategy = long term/big plans. You probably knew that but I write it just to clarify). They're not all airheads ;)

Well, I hope it will change again. It probably will change hundreds of times more, some for better or worse depending on the beholder. Thanks for your input.

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Well, I hope it will change again. It probably will change hundreds of times more, some for better or worse depending on the beholder. Thanks for your input.

Since I'm really new to the forum I'm curious as to what has changed. A lot of people seem to have pretty good type knowledge, a lot of the threads on "help me figure out my type" seem to actually be good advice, and I also note a lot of stereotyping/slams on some parts of the forum (which I'm staying out of posting on...) that doesn't help the cause a whole lot.

edcoaching

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, the population could be divided into three or four groups.

1. the Know-it-all men and women like BlueWing who are authorities on the topic.

2. the intermediate learners who try to learn and understand

3. the intermediate learners who use it to generalise and don't go into detail a whole lot

4. the ones who doesn't seem to know a lot at all :D

The largest group seems to be 3 and 4, and the 4's doesn't always understand and will usually agree with group 3 because it is simple.

Now, imagine the trouble this can create?
Let's say that a 3 really HATES an ENFJ and puts up a big ol' tirade about why. Then the 4 will agree that what said ENFJ has done is just shitty, then that will spread dislike of ENFJ's. Just an example.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Let's say that a 3 really HATES an ENFJ and puts up a big ol' tirade about why. Then the 4 will agree that what said ENFJ has done is just shitty, then that will spread dislike of ENFJ's. Just an example.

AAAAAARGH! *bangs head against wall*

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would but I think I may have given myself a concussion...

May I explain it to you while you drive me to the emergency room?

Definitely XD Can't miss out on this :D I'm clueless! But it has probably something to do with me being an asshole of some kind :smile:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Definitely XD Can't miss out on this :D I'm clueless! But it has probably something to do with me being an asshole of some kind :smile:

Well it's just that I hate it when people judge on type by just one specimen and the accuracy is going to be off if the person complaining is just guessing as to the person they're annoyed with's type and they're likely going to attribute it to shadow functions and it doesn't really make any sense and it's all just pointless.

Just because you can't understand the way someone works doesn't make them a bad person. Then again I'm one of those ruthlessly idealistic types, probably moreso than the INFPs.

I shouldn't fall asleep, right? Uuugh...

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I hear ya. But this is actually what most people do, at least if they're beginners. And I hate it. Really hard. But it's that way about most forms of ignorance.

Disclaimer: If I have said stuff in the past wich can be taken for ignorance, feel free to assume that it wasn't. I say a lot of stuff because I believe in traditional morals, though. But that isn't necessarily the same thing.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Umm, YLJ, if we're supposed to be going to the hospital, why are we stuck in a McDonald's drive through line?

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Well, the population could be divided into three or four groups.

1. the Know-it-all men and women like BlueWing who are authorities on the topic.

2. the intermediate learners who try to learn and understand

3. the intermediate learners who use it to generalise and don't go into detail a whole lot

4. the ones who doesn't seem to know a lot at all :D

The largest group seems to be 3 and 4, and the 4's doesn't always understand and will usually agree with group 3 because it is simple.

That really helps! It's also why I posted the notes on great ENTJs (which was all gospel truth...)--because I think it's so key to stop stereotyping. Good for business since it's really tough to start a team building session where someone says, "I hate type--last person who did this (or on the internet I read) said all ISTJs are geeks." That's a direct quote, actually. Oh well...

edcoaching

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Do you deliberately avoid talking to certain types? Why?

No. I dislike certain peope not certain types. But it is true that there can be more annoying people in some types than in others. (But it's all down to type-type dynamics. I don't mingle as well with some types but I know a person in every type that I actually like in real life.) Mostly I like to give everybody a chance and I like most people I meet, at first anyway.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
This is a part of MBTI that i've found quite frustrating. At least since I pretty much got confirmed as an ENTJ. When my tag said ESTP people actually were a lot nicer, but now people seldom respond to anything I write. Not to whine too much, but i've found myself asking if it's really worth sticking around anymore.

To go ahead and defend myself a little, I think you've only posted once or twice in any thread that I've been involved in while I have been here. Therefore I have had little opportunity, short of actively seeking you out, to engage in conversation with you. It has nothing to do with your type, at least where I am concerned.

Last edited:

"?"

MBTI Type
TiSe
It's not your type change. If I had to guess I'd say ESTPs (as a type) would be more disliked here than ENTJs (and certainly less common...have we ever even had a real, active ESTP?). I don't think I've seen a thread complaining about any N type, actually. And I highly doubt anyone many people here would actively avoid talking to someone because of his or her professed type.

The forum has a distinctly different atmosphere now, though. It isn't only you. Summer, maybe, or maybe (probably) just forum evolution.
Good points Random. Actually I have been battling with whether I am E/ISTP, and responses to my inquiries here have been well greeted. I think that someone hit the nail on the head as to whether one's writing behavior has anything to do with responses. Surely if I confirm once and for all that I am ESTP, I would think that this group has the intelligence and maturity to know whether they were treating my posts and threads differently. I just don't see it. As for the initiator of this thread. I popped in to the Youtube thread on varied types. I recall just briefly hearing one self-proclaimed ENTJ speak and was immediately turned off. Since I can't recall ever responding to some of the authors post, I can say that we just travel in different circles even under the microcosm of this forum.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Personally I tend to read more posts from my type and types I am interested in. It's not because I hate the other types or anything like that. It's just because I don't have all day to read every post on the interesting threads, so I read the posts from the types that usually help me. I still sometimes read about types I don't relate to or tend to dislike. Now, am I blocking out possible insight from other types? I guess so, but I think my way is more efficient.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
This is a part of MBTI that i've found quite frustrating. At least since I pretty much got confirmed as an ENTJ. When my tag said ESTP people actually were a lot nicer, but now people seldom respond to anything I write. Not to whine too much, but i've found myself asking if it's really worth sticking around anymore.

There are a few personality types that seem to recieve a lot of scorn over here, like the ESTJ, ENTJ, ESFJ and a few others. I'm not talking about the general "hate an ENFP?" threads, i'm talking about asymmetrical dislike against certain types among the users.

Sometimes I wish I was an INFJ or INTP or at least something that people generally like.

The type of people that will value you are not the type that are into personality theories and/or spend time on internet forums

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
The type of people that will value you are not the type that are into personality theories and/or spend time on internet forums

Hmm.. I would believe most ENTPs to generally greatly appreciate ENTJs, tho everything is situational :)

We do like personality theories, don't we :D

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8

...says the ENTJ with 751 posts...

;)