• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Judging people on MBTI alone?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
no worries I wasn't. I just was making sure their wasn't some blind spot I was missing. You know when people are like I'm like this then go off and do something to contradict what they said? ;)

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Can't be too careful, nowdays ;)

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Nope. when it comes to hypocrisy trust no one not even yourself, well especially yourself. :yes:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Yep, I too get suspicious when people get too nice. At least if they're not family. My two primary best friends are ENFJ and INTJ, the latter I need a lot because he tends to take me down to earth very swiftly with various "House"-like humor/insults :D That's the most blatantly honest/rude person I've ever met. And trust me, it's needed. If he wouldn't surprise me so much every time, i'd so kick his ass :D

INTJs are good at being blatantly honest and rude. Sounds like a keeper.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, he's the weirdest person I know :D All the signs point towards him being a serial killer, but he isn't! :smile:
- perverted interest in serial killers (EXTENSIVE knowledge)
- loves violence of all kinds
- neat-freak
- washes his hands with hand disinfection very often
- probably pushing 200 in IQ
- predatory (sees if you're weak and strikes) :D
- his personal idol is Al Bundy

What saves him is a respect for the law and a teeny tiny bit of empathy :D Otherwise he laughs at suicides and other horrific things. :) But yeah, he's a keeper. The funniest guy I know.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I have yet to meet an INTJ who has not been accused of going to become a serial killer once in his life. It comes with the type.

*sigh*

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One has to wonder if most serial killers are INTJ's? ;)

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
One has to wonder if most serial killers are INTJ's? ;)

Oh, I wouldn't think so -- I'd think most of them were heavily-repressed, broken FJs. They were always 'the nicest guy,' the 'one you would least expect' blah blah blah, and then he chops up his wife into little pieces with an axe and roasts them on the barbeque for Fourth of July.

It's always the guy you least expect, so as it turns out, the sarcastic, witty, silent, irritable guy with the shifty eyes who always talks about human organs actually wouldn't hurt a fly.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, that might be true :D But now we're talking about a guy who himself is amazed he hasn't killed someone yet :smile: I mean, he's not exactly... "the nice little weird fellow" :D He's more like the 6'2 evil madman who has a love for violence/violent sports :p

MBTI Type
ENTP
There are a few personality types that seem to recieve a lot of scorn over here, like the ESTJ, ENTJ, ESFJ and a few others. I'm not talking about the general "hate an ENFP?" threads, i'm talking about asymmetrical dislike against certain types among the users.

Do you deliberately avoid talking to certain types? Why?

Sometimes I wish I was an INFJ or INTP or at least something that people generally like.

Personally, I don't deliberately avoid talking to certain types. But I do try to avoid talking to certain individuals when I can't think of anything but insults. (especially when they're NF...)

redacted

This is a part of MBTI that i've found quite frustrating. At least since I pretty much got confirmed as an ENTJ. When my tag said ESTP people actually were a lot nicer, but now people seldom respond to anything I write. Not to whine too much, but i've found myself asking if it's really worth sticking around anymore.

There are a few personality types that seem to recieve a lot of scorn over here, like the ESTJ, ENTJ, ESFJ and a few others. I'm not talking about the general "hate an ENFP?" threads, i'm talking about asymmetrical dislike against certain types among the users.

Sometimes I wish I was an INFJ or INTP or at least something that people generally like.

Yeah this is another reason I posted my "MBTI is almost useless" thread. Conformation bias is impossible to escape.

I'm taking my type off.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
This is a part of MBTI that i've found quite frustrating. At least since I pretty much got confirmed as an ENTJ. When my tag said ESTP people actually were a lot nicer, but now people seldom respond to anything I write. Not to whine too much, but i've found myself asking if it's really worth sticking around anymore.

:(

I'm so sorry to hear that. I can tell you that the reason I haven't been responding to what you write is because I haven't really been around much lately. The only reason people were probably nicer when your tag said ESTP, was because ESxPs are so rare here that we want to keep them around. For research, that is. ;)

I've wondered if it was worth sticking around myself, because sometimes things get really intense and personal here, and it can wear me out. But I've made too many friends and too many posts here to go away comfortably, to be honest.

Well, it's simple really. EJs are scorned because they're "boss" types, and people tend to be intimidated by it a little. EJs look really tough to other types in general... but in reality, they tend to be less sure of themselves than they look.

Ss (especially SJs) are disliked because most people here are Intuitives, and they feel society (which they believe to be mostly made up of Ss) isn't as accommodating to creative people as practical people, so they return the favor here in their own domain. Es in general are looked down on because there are so many Introverts here, and they've faced a lot of bad experience with Extraverts not approving of how they are, so they, again, return it back in their faces here when they have a chance. Even though these people aren't the same ones that did this to them. It's a shame, really.

Actually, no. I don't avoid talking to any particular type, because type doesn't necessarily tell me about an individual. Type can be wrong, and it's obviously an incomplete picture even if it's right. There are individuals I will avoid talking to, but this is after they've rubbed me the wrong way too many times.

Yeah... that's kind of a shame that there are "types people like" and "types people don't like" so clearly laid out. It isn't really a good way to think. It turns the system into another form of negative stereotyping.