• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Why Female thinkers kick ass!

sculpting

three little children come down for dinner. I ask "how Many pancakes would you like?"

Entp boy who is six: three!
Intj boy who is six: two... Wait no three!
Istj girl who is four: I think I'll have more than them.

I love women thinkers! You guys make life so awesome.

<3

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

tumblr_mldvk2AsEX1ql8p4no1_500.gif

sculpting

My apologies, wine laced posting doesnt make for great explanations :)

The example cited is inspiring, as even at the age of four, the little female thinker is going out of her way to play games of one-upmanship with the boys, on even terms. She never even stops to think she shouldnt or couldnt compete with them at thier own game and she innately assumes she can win.

Past pancakes, the same pattern repeats throughout the day and it is so (somewhat tragically) funny, as it is so counter to the norm for what is epxected by social standards for a women and how most women present themselves.

When I see female thinkers stand up to buck the stereotype that society lays down for women, I find it admirable and they become role models for me. I say female thinkers, as this isnt soemthing female feelers do as often, given we tend to place what others feel above our own feelings, thus bending to the pressures exerted on us.

TJs and TPs do this in different ways, but the result is equally impressive in my mind and admirable.

gromit

likes this
Oh that explanation makes lots of sense. And it's a cute/funny story too :)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
TJs and TPs do this in different ways, but the result is equally impressive in my mind and admirable.
What do you see as the differences, and how does it differ from child to adult in your experience?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
My INTJ girl could roll her eyes earlier and more eloquently than I could have ever thought possible. She was looking at us like we were idiots (often justifiably) long before she could talk. It was adorable.

W

WhoCares

My apologies, wine laced posting doesnt make for great explanations :)

The example cited is inspiring, as even at the age of four, the little female thinker is going out of her way to play games of one-upmanship with the boys, on even terms. She never even stops to think she shouldnt or couldnt compete with them at thier own game and she innately assumes she can win.

Life is about one upmanship and competing with boys? Someone forgot to forward me that memo...:dry: I thought life was about creating my own outcomes using my own intelligence and believing in my own abilities with no reference to gender at all.

sculpting

sculpting

Life is about one upmanship and competing with boys? Someone forgot to forward me that memo...:dry: I thought life was about creating my own outcomes using my own intelligence and believing in my own abilities with no reference to gender at all.

I think you are correct-INTJs dont seem to compete as much as dominate others unintentionally through rigid implementation of thier particular vision or solution and leave no room for alternatives. I suspect they always feel they are being reasonable, and they sort of bully others into compliance unfortuantely.

gromit

likes this

Of course it is, but we don't live in a vacuum, and whether we like it or not there are a lot of cultural assumptions tied to gender. Some of those we encounter from the outside, other people, but some are even within ourselves.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would give some examples, but i suspect they would be a wall of text. This book actually did a very good job of talking about the patterns of behavior seen by different types and the particular stresses seen by female vs males of each type in the workplace:

http://www.amazon.com/Type-Talk-Wor...F8&qid=1377098778&sr=1-11&keywords=mbti+books
I have read this, and don't remember that much about gender differences, but I no longer have access to a copy. Your original duplicate post mentioned something about the examples perhaps being offensive. Why is that? Were they based on speculation rather than factual observation? I was more interested in your own experiences in any case.

Of course it is, but we don't live in a vacuum, and whether we like it or not there are a lot of cultural assumptions tied to gender. Some of those we encounter from the outside, other people, but some are even within ourselves.
And some of us are better at identifying these assumptions, as well as more willing to question and reject them.

gromit

likes this
And some of us are better at identifying these assumptions, as well as more willing to question and reject them.

Right. Like you say, identifying is a part of rejecting, instead of pretending they don't exist.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got the memo, and shredded it.
I think you are correct-INTJs dont seem to compete as much as dominate others unintentionally through rigid implementation of thier particular vision or solution and leave no room for alternatives. I suspect they always feel they are being reasonable, and they sort of bully others into compliance unfortuantely.
So.... kicking ass quite literally then?

Your kid just sounds greedy to me. :shrug:

W

WhoCares

Funniest thing I've ever read. An INTJ couldn't bully a kitten into a cardboard box! You do realise most people's reaction to an INTJ rigidly asserting their vision, is to clear the room. :doh:

W

WhoCares

I've been living in a vacumn quite happily for the past 41yrs. Other people are only relevant if you make them so. Not everyone is a prisoner to other peoples expectations. The one advantage to being an INTJ is that you never expect to be accepted so you dont bother working for it and are free to do as you will.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've been living in a vacumn quite happily for the past 41yrs. Other people are only relevant if you make them so. Not everyone is a prisoner to other peoples expectations. The one advantage to being an INTJ is that you never expect to be accepted so you dont bother working for it and are free to do as you will.

This is true of INTPs too. Although in our case, I think there is little desire to be accepted.
And I think our innate tendency to question all cultural assumptions works in our favour, when it comes to freeing ourselves of such toxic influences.