• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] How alike are NTs and SPs?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No I'm still not sure about you. You are either an ISTP in an Ni<TI loop or you're an INTP.

Well, the capital differences then would be whether N is more natural for me or not - it it's tertiary, then it's more a concentrated effort to unlock; if it's auxilary, then it should flow more naturally and in greater strength within me. If I'm Ni, which would actually be less present than Ne would be if I'm INTP, then I should be very self-focused and completely isolated from external input, going to the inner sanctuary rather than expanding out into the open horizon, which would be more Ne.

Also, I'm wondering if an uber-introverted looper with no external functions could even possibly be an outer-directed social first, like you think I am. We actually focus our attention in similar areas, like how we each gather opinions from a bunch of people and try to harmonize them together, which could be Fe (and it would be very weird if I'm in a Ti-Ni loop yet have stronger Fe than Se).

You said how in your eyes I have no Se, but I think I may have a lot of an S function somewhere. I'm actually very athletic and used to be highly adept at soccer along with having a good eye for the beauty of nature or general observations of how anything works. I also like to have regular routines I follow without much deviation as far as my independent studies and general health goes along with some chores. Both of those things actually kind of relax me and allow my mind to drift off, so I guess I could be comfortable with either Se or Si.

Perhaps most importantly is how you mentioned my lack of Ne imagination. I think it actually speaks more for me being an Sx last. This is because you told me to imagine a bunch of silly sex scenarios, and if I have pretty much no Sx, then it follows that I wouldn't be inclined to imagine those sorts of things.

Thanks for your input by the way. I value your opinion quite highly.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Well, the capital differences then would be whether N is more natural for me or not - it it's tertiary, then it's more a concentrated effort to unlock; if it's auxilary, then it should flow more naturally and in greater strength within me. If I'm Ni, which would actually be less present than Ne would be if I'm INTP, then I should be very self-focused and completely isolated from external input, going to the inner sanctuary rather than expanding out into the open horizon, which would be more Ne.

Also, I'm wondering if an uber-introverted looper with no external functions could even possibly be an outer-directed social first, like you think I am. We actually focus our attention in similar areas, like how we each gather opinions from a bunch of people and try to harmonize them together, which could be Fe (and it would be very weird if I'm in a Ti-Ni loop yet have stronger Fe than Se).

You said how in your eyes I have no Se, but I think I may have a lot of an S function somewhere. I'm actually very athletic and used to be highly adept at soccer along with having a good eye for the beauty of nature or general observations of how anything works. I also like to have regular routines I follow without much deviation as far as my independent studies and general health goes along with some chores. Both of those things actually kind of relax me and allow my mind to drift off, so I guess I could be comfortable with either Se or Si.

Perhaps most importantly is how you mentioned my lack of Ne imagination. I think it actually speaks more for me being an Sx last. This is because you told me to imagine a bunch of silly sex scenarios, and if I have pretty much no Sx, then it follows that I wouldn't be inclined to imagine those sorts of things.

Thanks for your input by the way. I value your opinion quite highly.

Well I really have never ever met or even seen what an ISTP in an Ni<Ti loop looks like, so I really wouldn't really be able to compare you to anyone. What makes me lean more towards INTP for you is that ISTP's as a whole tend to be very gut center, and you aren't gut center at all, you are almost 100% head center like a classic INTP. Now don't get me wrong ISTP's can be very head center as well, but they almost always are very in touch with their gut center as well.

Also, again, most SO first 5's have no idea what's going on in the social world. So don't get confused and think that you aren't a social 5 because you don't fit the classic SO dom mold, because most SO 5's don't.