• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs - What Is Your Job?

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What's your job? What do you like about it and what do you not like about it.

What do you aspire to in your career in the future?

Entropic

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
A boring one. I will try to change career and pick up programming if lucky this fall.

W

WhoCares

A really easy one. I like the $$ it pays for the relative effort I expend. I like that there is no boss and I can be evil undetected. I hate that my personal space is constantly invaded and I am expected to perform on cue. Most of all I hate that it dessicates my soul and makes me seriously consider suicide as a career exit option.

I aspire to a country estate, with tall brick walls, iron gates and a pack of feral dogs. I have it on good authority my dream is only a fortnight away. :newwink:

Nicodemus

I aspire to a country estate, with tall brick walls, iron gates and a pack of feral dogs. I have it on good authority my dream is only a fortnight away. :newwink:
Is this announcing a plan to commit a crime that will land you in prison?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mine's a CEO and partner at a small company he's started a while ago. He has the ambition to make it perfect, sell it off for a lot of money (he has started another side company along with this one and his own consulting business for the odd computer programmer job he gets on the side), and build something new. He's looking into growing that consulting business perhaps with time and getting into real estate. And he is a workaholic, yes.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
i my INTJ friend works in big supermarket as a cashier. and you guessed right, he doesent really like it and always complains about some retard customers who cant count money or use a credit card and being tormented by horniness from having to see so many hot chicks all day :D

V

violaine

INTJ fiancé is at an investment bank. It suits his talents and he thinks it would be counterproductive to work in any other industry given that we live in NYC. I would love to move to Hawaii, but as there's probably nothing he could do there, here we will stay.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The INTJ madre is a surgeon. She's planning on transitioning into something pertaining to global public health policy in the near future, though.

FireShield98

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
I don't have a job yet (since I only just graduated from high school) but I'm majoring in chemical engineering since it makes a lot of money and I'd probably be good at it.

What I really want to do is be an author (and in addition to writing books, also write movies, tv shows, and video games), but since I can't guarantee I'd be successful at that, I plan on getting a job that pays well and then write books in my spare time. If they sell well, I'll write for a living.

There are too many things I want to do (what I mentioned there is only a small fraction of what I wish I could do with my life)...

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJ fiancé is at an investment bank. It suits his talents and he thinks it would be counterproductive to work in any other industry given that we live in NYC. I would love to move to Hawaii, but as there's probably nothing he could do there, here we will stay.

Booz Allen Hamilton have an opening.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha, I knew no INTJs were actually going to reveal what their job was. Too cautious/paranoid.

W

WhoCares

Haha, I knew no INTJs were actually going to reveal what their job was. Too cautious/paranoid.

For good reason. The world is a sucky place. Its full of drama-inducing F types.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
it'll be an crackpot inspired T type guaranteed to ruin your day improve your life long before any F type, that's for sure
Fixed. Of course, you might not see it as an "improvement".

I am an experimental physicist. I like the actual scientific work - planning and conducting experiments, analyzing data, writing papers, etc. I like being at that intersection of ideas and very concrete reality, able to get to the bottom of why things work as they do, and how we can make use of that. I like always having something new to learn, as well as opportunities to teach and mentor. I don't like the increasing amount of paperwork I have to do, and regulations I have to concern myself with. I don't like writing proposals for funding, attending pointless meetings, and having to explain technical concepts to people who put politics before everything. I am currently trying to set up some international collaborations, but my aspiration closer to home is simply to free up more time for research, with less spent on administrivia.

W

WALMART

Fixed. Of course, you might not see it as an "improvement".

All types have equal propensity to improve lives.

I am an experimental physicist. I like the actual scientific work - planning and conducting experiments, analyzing data, writing papers, etc. I like being at that intersection of ideas and very concrete reality, able to get to the bottom of why things work as they do, and how we can make use of that. I like always having something new to learn, as well as opportunities to teach and mentor. I don't like the increasing amount of paperwork I have to do, and regulations I have to concern myself with. I don't like writing proposals for funding, attending pointless meetings, and having to explain technical concepts to people who put politics before everything. I am currently trying to set up some international collaborations, but my aspiration closer to home is simply to free up more time for research, with less spent on administrivia.

This is all good to hear. You have come across as a very well-rounded being, the past stretch of time I've recognized your existence.

Are feelers predominately the ones gunking up your system?

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
All types have equal propensity to improve lives.
My comment was meant to be facetious. The improvements offered by other types are more readily accepted as such by others. So, the joke is usually on us INTJs.

This is all good to hear. You have come across as a very well-rounded being, the past stretch of time I've recognized your existence.

Are feelers predominately the ones gunking up your system?
No. At the risk of simplistic type-bashing, it seems to be mostly S-types, especially SJs. Bureaucrats who put process above outcome, and don't care how little we actually accomplish as long as we follow their rules. Feelers can be more susceptible to the emotional arguments, especially alarmism and fear tactics, sometimes used to justify these rules, but I don't see F preference as the root of the problem.

W

WALMART

My comment was meant to be facetious. The improvements offered by other types are more readily accepted as such by others. So, the joke is usually on us INTJs.

I see. It would have required a severe shift in perspective, for I was quite serious in my statement. Nothing should be more cautioned than a thinker with reproach. Perhaps a feeler with an automatic, contextually.

No. At the risk of simplistic type-bashing, it seems to be mostly S-types, especially SJs. Bureaucrats who put process above outcome, and don't care how little we actually accomplish as long as we follow their rules. Feelers can be more susceptible to the emotional arguments, especially alarmism and fear tactics, sometimes used to justify these rules, but I don't see F preference as the root of the problem.

Te and Si... the way Jung describes the functions, seems they would be more interested in results than process for of the sake of process, as the SJ stereotype often seems to go. Perhaps the means justify the ends, from their perspectives, but I know nothing of the systems you are embroiled with.

I understand the sentiment, though. Reminds me of Edgar Mitchell:

"You develop an instant global consciousness, a people orientation, an intense dissatisfaction with the state of the world, and a compulsion to do something about it. From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch."

Hits me in the feels, but at the same time... perhaps the Earth is far more dynamic a landscape than many wish to give credit for.

Coriolis

Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Te and Si... the way Jung describes the functions, seems they would be more interested in results than process for of the sake of process, as the SJ stereotype often seems to go. Perhaps the means justify the ends, from their perspectives, but I know nothing of the systems you are embroiled with.
Exactly. I think the theory goes that Si looks for information in the repository of facts, i.e. past history and ways of doing things. This relates to the idea of SJ types preserving tradition, and solving problems by looking at how things were done before. There is a place for this, but when it becomes the focus of an organization that ostensibly exists to conduct research - to find and devise things that have never been done before, or even conceived of - the result is that the tail wags the dog. Parts of the organization that are supposed to support the overall mission end up hamstringing it, and insisting that everyone else do their bidding. It can be a huge power trip, for those who are into that.