• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] Lots of finnish ENTJ:s?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
interesting. i bet that NTJ and STJ has been very beneficial in circumstances that finnish people have been living in the past for ages.

gandalf

MBTI Type
INTJ
I really doubt that percentage.

As far as I know (not going to find a reference to back this up), N-types make roughly one fourth of population globally. I have no reason to question validity of that regarding Finnish people, and assuming I am right with that, 12 % of Finnish people being ENTJ would mean that half of all intuitive people would have to be ENTJ. That can't be true.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I had the trouble to go through all the personality descriptions on that site, giving percentages as follows:
ENFJ 5.2%
ENFP 7.1%
ENTJ 12.1%
ENTP 5.6%
ESFJ 9.8%
ESFP 5.4%
ESTJ 20.2%
ESTP 5.1%
INFJ 1.1%
INFP 1.2%
INTJ 3.5%
INTP 1.8%
ISFJ 5.4%
ISFP 2.1%
ISTJ 12.3%
ISTP 2.4%

I'm highly suspecting some bias in their data. E is what's expected of people in the workforce. ESTJ is the image of efficiency as seen in a traditional sense. Maybe their data only included supervisors/bosses/whatever?

Edit: in other words, maybe they picked up the data from tests done on personel in the management and mistakenly generalized the data as indicative of the population in general.

Any other ideas? What kind of a population has a type distribution like that?

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I think i can see a more N populace in finland, the cultural there is very different than the US cultural, but i suck at typing, so don't listen to me. I just remember when I was over there the culture being very very very very different. I liked it better. If it wasn't as cold as balls i'd consider moving there, but if i remember correctly they aren't too fond of foreigners and it's hard to get a job if you're an immigrant, harder than in the US at least, which really isn't saying much

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I had the trouble to go through all the personality descriptions on that site, giving percentages as follows:
ENFJ 5.2%
ENFP 7.1%
ENTJ 12.1%
ENTP 5.6%
ESFJ 9.8%
ESFP 5.4%
ESTJ 20.2%
ESTP 5.1%
INFJ 1.1%
INFP 1.2%
INTJ 3.5%
INTP 1.8%
ISFJ 5.4%
ISFP 2.1%
ISTJ 12.3%
ISTP 2.4%

I'm highly suspecting some bias in their data. E is what's expected of people in the workforce. ESTJ is the image of efficiency as seen in a traditional sense. Maybe their data only included supervisors/bosses/whatever?

Edit: in other words, maybe they picked up the data from tests done on personel in the management and mistakenly generalized the data as indicative of the population in general.

Any other ideas? What kind of a population has a type distribution like that?

i was kinda expecting the results to be skewed by data being collected by the company which made the description(which basically does some work force management etc mostly in the business world), but it said the source for the % is from Vesa Routamaa, who if i remember correctly is some big shot in university of turku or tampere..