• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] A Difference Between XNTJ types and XNTP types

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah I used to get much more into politics but I began to step back and see how ridiculously polemic it all is, and that started to bother me. I still very much have political beliefs, and I think real damage can (and has) been done by political decisions, and that's part of the reason people get so upset about it...politics is all wrapped up in people's most personal ethics, what they think or feel is right and wrong. However, I'm more moderate now than I ever was, I've begun to see issues from both sides, and I think extremist poltical views are bad news.

LunarMoon

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
The more I listen to people’s political opinions the less I want to do with it. This is especially true when listening to the viewpoints of straight ticket voters. As vieamemusique said, people are insanely fanatical about it and will generally support a cause based solely on whether it’s being supported by their party of choice and not on whether it’s logical or moral. It seems that you can’t take a piss without hitting someone who treats politics much as a high school student may treat a sport’s team and who’s central political beliefs can be summarized as “Democrats Good, Republicans Bad!”

But I digress. I imagine that people who do hate a particular political candidate aren’t necessarily a representative of any particular type. How many times have you heard someone compare a leftist politician that they loathed to an extreme right wing fascist such as Hitler, simply to express how much they dislike them? Honestly, it seems as if the majority of people, Judgers and Percievers, have similar attitudes to that of your friend.

If people supported political platforms simply based upon their own internal logic, it’s doubtful that the majority of the United States constituency would identify into one of only two fairly extreme parties.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I was discussing irrational Bush haters with my INTJ friend.

We are both liberal politically and can agree that Bush's policies have done more harm than good for the country.

However, we differ on what we think of those who choose to hate Bush because the media encourages it or that it is cool to do so- people that make their decision to do so without finding out why they should dislike Bush.

While my INTJ friend acknowledges that many people don't think about why they hate Bush, he is content with the idea that they believe in what he considers to be the right conclusion. He would condemn and dislike a rational conservative before he would do so to an irrational liberal.

I think the reverse that it doesn't matter that the guy who talks about how much he hates Bush has the same 'political beliefs' of me- if he doesn't know why he does so, then I'd encourage that person to actually study the issues and come to his own conclusion- if that person is capable of doing so of course.

I guess it goes back to that question on many MBTI tests to distinguish between J and P:

What's more important?
The results themselves
The process used to achieve the results

I think another difference in terms of politics, is that J types are more likely to stick with a certain ideology and be rigid about it, while a P type would seem more 'moderate' because he or she would be aware that the same policy doesn't work for every circumstance.
I have a big problem with people who don't have a good reason for believing what they believe, and I am a very strong INTJ. On a personal level, I would rather engage with an intelligent person with very different ideas from my own than a fool who agrees with me.

rav3n

Swing voter here. There isn't one party that has the solution for all times. It's annoying when you hear about people voting without knowing the relevant issues and the parties involved.

Srho

MBTI Type
INFX
Lol at the saying Bush around her thing.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As vieamemusique said, people are insanely fanatical about it and will generally support a cause based solely on whether it’s being supported by their party of choice and not on whether it’s logical or moral.

This is something that drives me nuts. I'm pretty left, but I can't stand when people criticize Republicans for doing the kinds of things that were perfectly acceptable with regards to Bush. For example, I know people who will cheer somebody on for throwing a shoe at Bush, but condemning someone for calling Obama a liar during the State of the Union address.

Is that something that is rare for NT's to do?

I'd like to think so, but I could seem my younger self indulging in that sort of mentality. Of course, that was a period when national politics was entirely dominated by Republicans, and I never knew anything different.