• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Rationale...BLEH! HAH!

Priam

MBTI Type
INTP
OK I'm gonna stop myself here and apologize for the digging comments. They were unwarranted and mostly driven by the fact that I'm operating on very little sleep at a job I hate. I'll apologize to you, Carolyn, for taking things too far. I would however second Oberon's point that what you were trying to do and what you actually came off as were two very different things.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OK I'm gonna stop myself here and apologize for the digging comments. They were unwarranted and mostly driven by the fact that I'm operating on very little sleep at a job I hate. I'll apologize to you, Carolyn, for taking things too far. I would however second Oberon's point that what you were trying to do and what you actually came off as were two very different things.

Fair enough. I can totally understand. I'm sorry too. Didn't want to piss you off. :hug: Hope it gets better soon.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Oh dear lordy...

'Rational' is just a name. You're not affording us the damn insecurities that are everyone's right, you know.

Bear Warp

MBTI Type
epyT
Sweet..thanks for the insight! :wacko::tongue10:

This is me: :doh:

You see, I spend too much time on 4chan.org, a place where nothing is serious, or to be taken seriously, and sometimes that mentality unfortunately pops up in the wrong place.

I thought you were trolling (intentionally bothering or provoking someone for your own self-amusement), and I reacted accordingly. But now that I understand that you weren't trolling, and were serious, well, I'm acting accordingly.

I'll start off by apologizing. It was a misunderstanding, and my reaction to your original post was, in actuality, useless and immature.

If you guys were really rational, then you would see the logic/rationality of expressing your feelings, getting out there, and interacting with folks on a regular basis!

Maybe you do, but if what I see from these posts are any indication, you do not express yourselves nearly as efficiently as we NFs.

:party2::devil:

But I do these things! I'm not a shut-in; I'm just selective of who I regularly interact with. I do things with people that I enjoy being around, or who can teach me things, and in both cases, who enjoy being around me. I'll admit that I'm not into hugs and handshakes with anybody, and I'm not quick to give praise, these things aren't natural for me, but I don't start relationships with people simply because they offer some utilitarian purpose. I prefer my friends to be more like good novels than good textbooks. Not 100% practical, but enjoyable to have and still capable of teaching you something.

And so what if we aren't super-efficient in expressing ourselves? Is art supposed to be efficient? Is music? Or do you mean in language? I can answer that: I'd rather give a long-winded response that is thorough and hard to misinterpret, than a concise one that is easy to misinterpret. Because I think I hate misunderstandings more than I do inefficiency. I mean, just look at my response...

digesthisickness

✿ڿڰۣஇღ♥ wut ♥ღஇڿڰۣ✿
MBTI Type
ENTP
Thank you. "Flame threads" are worthwhile because I learned a great deal about you and how you think.

no you didn't. it takes honestly listening to others to learn anything, and all you hear is yourself.

And anyway, yes, it was a serious question.

two seconds ago, it was a 'flame thread'. so, again, no.

I think it is fascinating how you folks throw "flame threads" at us all the time, but the first time one of us asks an uncomfortable, penetrating question - you guys flip out.

you call this penetrating? people tried to explain to you exactly why it was the opposite of 'penetrating', and you didn't hear a word.

i think it's not fascinating at all how you're like so many other people who think they've 'hit a nerve' just because someone responds. it's your ego you're responding to, not what others tried in vain to explain.

And, yes, to answer your question, I deliberately used the word "efficiently." I never say anything without thinking about it. I'm an English teacher. I meant it facetiously to get you thinking.

again with your ego. "i'm a teacher therefore i can't make mistakes. here. let me help you think."

Regardless of what you all think, I got you thinking and talking. SO THERE! :hi:

it doesn't require thought to repeat ourselves for the thousandth time in response to the same accusation.

Muahahahaha...I think you and I will be interpreted as partners-in-crime soon! :party2::devil:

:rolleyes2:

Here's another question: If what I said is totally inaccurate and crazy, why did people react so strongly against it and freak out at me? Hmm...are we in the NF forum!? :wink:

are you deaf? no one said anything against it. personally, i just had a problem with you thinking that just stating a fact would bother me. just more proof that you only hear yourself. you want to think you bothered us, so no matter what we say, that's what you'll hear.

haha. what an ego. you think you're the first one to think you know it all?

But it is really comforting to know that we are not the only ones that flip out. Next time an NT accuses us of flipping out, we'll just gently lead him right over here. :tongue10:

this is why i hate emoticons for the most part. they're used by some to turn insults into cute little comments.

Oh geez...stop taking everything so seriously. It's not like a put a gun to your head or something.

firstly, you meant to say "i". seems you do make mistakes. secondly, i'd have preferred that. at least it would be honest and direct.

Besides, I am new, so I didn't know that you had the discussion a dozen times a week. Blah.

excuse. and, a bad one. you knew enough to say what you did, you admitted to trying to start shit, so you knew enough to know exactly what you were doing.

But if I really offended you terribly and disturbed you to the core of your being, I do apologize. :hug:

translation: "ignore my saying that i have the power to effect, or even know anything about, your 'inner core'; ignore everything i've said up to this point because i've spit out an empty apology. then buy it and prove i'm right that you can't read people."

You know what you need? Someone should swing you around in the air and make you feel like you're flying. Then you would feel betta. :smile:

more stupid 'cute' crap meant to fool others into thinking she's harmless. whatever, sister.

But if you guys EVER come storming into NF Idealist again and causing a scene....

what? you can't possibly think you're scary now. i mean, you exposed every weapon you have in this one thread.

If we are nice and considerate, we are stupid pushovers looking for burnout. And if we are full of fire, we are asses. BLAH. You guys are never happy.

this is what you think. just another example of someone assuming we see them the way they see themselves and confusing that for having mind-reading powers.

*sigh* I guess I've been in this country too long. True, Americans are really indirect....

another ridiculous attempt at an insult.

Look, I thought a bit of friendly debate and discourse would be fun and delightful. Apparently I ruffled other people's feathers. But I thought you NTs liked that anyway. Perhaps I was wrong.

hold on, i'll get my tissue. seriously, what a load of crap. there is no debate in, "this is how i think" and when someone AGREES with you despite your silly way of opening the topic, you turn their honest attempts to communicate into "freaking out" and then further insulting them.

HELLO???? Who's being smug and offensive now???

And who are you to talk? You elected a president who invaded....Aww, never mind, it isn't worth it.

now it's getting boring. if you really knew what you were talking about as much as you think you do, you'd know this insult would never work.

Fair enough. I can totally understand. I'm sorry too. Didn't want to piss you off. :hug: Hope it gets better soon.

more complete bullshit. you DID mean to start shit. you said you did.

i'm not a bit sorry, nor do i feel a bit guilty.

you aren't any smarter after this thread than you were when you started it. my only purpose in responding to you (even though i'm sure you'll twist it), was to let you know how i see you personally.

i'm honest like that.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This is me: :doh:

You see, I spend too much time on 4chan.org, a place where nothing is serious, or to be taken seriously, and sometimes that mentality unfortunately pops up in the wrong place.

I thought you were trolling (intentionally bothering or provoking someone for your own self-amusement), and I reacted accordingly. But now that I understand that you weren't trolling, and were serious, well, I'm acting accordingly.

I'll start off by apologizing. It was a misunderstanding, and my reaction to your original post was, in actuality, useless and immature.

But I do these things! I'm not a shut-in; I'm just selective of who I regularly interact with. I do things with people that I enjoy being around, or who can teach me things, and in both cases, who enjoy being around me. I'll admit that I'm not into hugs and handshakes with anybody, and I'm not quick to give praise, these things aren't natural for me, but I don't start relationships with people simply because they offer some utilitarian purpose. I prefer my friends to be more like good novels than good textbooks. Not 100% practical, but enjoyable to have and still capable of teaching you something.

And so what if we aren't super-efficient in expressing ourselves? Is art supposed to be efficient? Is music? Or do you mean in language? I can answer that: I'd rather give a long-winded response that is thorough and hard to misinterpret, than a concise one that is easy to misinterpret. Because I think I hate misunderstandings more than I do inefficiency. I mean, just look at my response...

No, I wanted an honest response. Perhaps I WAS too direct. I'll be more careful. I am new and did not see the other posts. Guess my humor also sounds abrasive, especially online. I don't mean it badly. I wanted to use humor to diffuse a potentially tense situation, then overreacted to an unexpected response. :hug: It is okay. I thought you wouldn't mind because you guys write stuff like this in our forum all the time. I can adapt though. I'm flexible.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you. "Flame threads" are worthwhile because I learned a great deal about you and how you think.

And anyway, yes, it was a serious question.

I think it is fascinating how you folks throw "flame threads" at us all the time, but the first time one of us asks an uncomfortable, penetrating question - you guys flip out.

And, yes, to answer your question, I deliberately used the word "efficiently." I never say anything without thinking about it. I'm an English teacher. I meant it facetiously to get you thinking.

Regardless of what you all think, I got you thinking and talking. SO THERE! :hi:

Actually... "flame threads" are prohibited, and I only let it ride because I wanted to see if the jibe would result in actual content; otherwise, the thread would have been canned. Purposeful provocation of others will earn people infractions.

And from my view, it probably just lowered your own credibility in the conversation. My impression is that everyone just looked at your posts here and wrote you off as a non-player... not because you're NF, but because of your attitude and approach.

I didn't know you before, and I think less of you now than I would have because of the unwarranted condescension in your post and your seeming need to try to needle, and then insinuating you somehow one-upped everyone.

(And I have an English degree and have been a writer/editor for my entire professional career. Why does any of that matter?)

Just... meh, way to start off on the wrong foot.

EDIT: Posted without seeing your most recent comment, which was more conciliatory.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh dear lordy...

'Rational' is just a name. You're not affording us the damn insecurities that are everyone's right, you know.

It's okay. I have some too. Just not the same ones. Can't understand you guys and I wanted to learn more.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey! One-upperer. Behave :azdaja:

No, no, it was merely a "ground-evener"!

I didn't say I was *better*... I insinuated we were both equal so it should be dropped!

:p to you too. ;)

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
no you didn't. it takes honestly listening to others to learn anything, and all you hear is yourself.

two seconds ago, it was a 'flame thread'. so, again, no.

you call this penetrating? people tried to explain to you exactly why it was the opposite of 'penetrating', and you didn't hear a word.

i think it's not fascinating at all how you're like so many other people who think they've 'hit a nerve' just because someone responds. it's your ego you're responding to, not what others tried in vain to explain.

again with your ego. "i'm a teacher therefore i can't make mistakes. here. let me help you think."

it doesn't require thought to repeat ourselves for the thousandth time in response to the same accusation.

:rolleyes2:

are you deaf? no one said anything against it. personally, i just had a problem with you thinking that just stating a fact would bother me. just more proof that you only hear yourself. you want to think you bothered us, so no matter what we say, that's what you'll hear.

haha. what an ego. you think you're the first one to think you know it all?

this is why i hate emoticons for the most part. they're used by some to turn insults into cute little comments.

firstly, you meant to say "i". seems you do make mistakes. secondly, i'd have preferred that. at least it would be honest and direct.

excuse. and, a bad one. you knew enough to say what you did, you admitted to trying to start shit, so you knew enough to know exactly what you were doing.

translation: "ignore my saying that i have the power to effect, or even know anything about, your 'inner core'; ignore everything i've said up to this point because i've spit out an empty apology. then buy it and prove i'm right that you can't read people."

more stupid 'cute' crap meant to fool others into thinking she's harmless. whatever, sister.

what? you can't possibly think you're scary now. i mean, you exposed every weapon you have in this one thread.

this is what you think. just another example of someone assuming we see them the way they see themselves and confusing that for having mind-reading powers.

another ridiculous attempt at an insult.

hold on, i'll get my tissue. seriously, what a load of crap. there is no debate in, "this is how i think" and when someone AGREES with you despite your silly way of opening the topic, you turn their honest attempts to communicate into "freaking out" and then further insulting them.

now it's getting boring. if you really knew what you were talking about as much as you think you do, you'd know this insult would never work.

more complete bullshit. you DID mean to start shit. you said you did.

i'm not a bit sorry, nor do i feel a bit guilty.

you aren't any smarter after this thread than you were when you started it. my only purpose in responding to you (even though i'm sure you'll twist it), was to let you know how i see you personally.

i'm honest like that.

This was a combo smack-down of UFC proportions.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh geez...I SAID I was sorry I offended anyone. The comment about flame threads was facetious. That's why I put it in quotation marks. Can't we just drop it?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh geez...I SAID I was sorry I offended anyone. The comment about flame threads was facetious. That's why I put it in quotation marks. Can't we just drop it?
Moral of the story: don't fuck with NTs unless you can really handle it.

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj

Ha. You come in here trying to stir us up and look what happens. You end up apologizing and backing down. I love it!!

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Well we all screw up sometimes. Let's try again! Err, not to screw up, that is.