• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Rationale...BLEH! HAH!

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you guys were really rational, then you would see the logic/rationality of expressing your feelings, getting out there, and interacting with folks on a regular basis!

Maybe you do, but if what I see from these posts are any indication, you do not express yourselves nearly as efficiently as we NFs.

:party2::devil:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
If you guys were really rational, then you would see the logic/rationality of expressing your feelings, getting out there, and interacting with folks on a regular basis!

Maybe you do, but if what I see from these posts are any indication, you do not express yourselves nearly as efficiently as we NFs.:party2::devil:

Note: I'll give this thread an hour or two to see if a serious discussion ensues (NTs seem able to salvage a flame thread when they feel like it, instead of reacting to the bait); but otherwise I'll be moving this to a more appropriate location.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP

I think you've confused NT with introversion. ENT's have no problem with interacting with others on a regular basis. We tend to do so more than INF's in fact.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

Maybe you do, but if what I see from these posts are any indication, you do not express yourselves nearly as efficiently as we NFs.

How very dichotomous of you.

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like to think of it as being "perceptive" enough to see the value in doing those things, the rationality would follow suit only if such activities prove beneficial to our master plan...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Too late. you guys saved the thread.

Might as well dance some more and go crazy with the tongue-in-cheek return fire.

I think she just wants to flirt with ENTPs anyway.

Priam

MBTI Type
INTP

:party2::devil:

I'm going to pretend that this was a serious post seeking a serious answer, to wit: it is only "logical" to go out there and socialize with others if a) you enjoy it (see the point about ENTP/Js) or b) you derive some benefit from it. An INT will absolutely go out and be sociable with friends, though perhaps not as much as an extravert, but we're also willing to gladhand and attend large events as it advances our particular life "missions".

And yes part of growing as an NT is engaging one's emotions, but that doesn't mean emotions are the be-all end-all of personal filters... just another set of tools that a well-rounded person will eagerly embrace when working with themselves and the world.

Bear Warp

MBTI Type
epyT
I present an array of dancing bananas and their leader, Top Banana, riding upon the mythical Goofy Llama.

:banana: :banana: :bananallama: :banana: :banana:

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5

"Efficiently" is a rather odd choice of word in this context, is it not? I mean, you'd think that NT's would have the greater talent for communicating the same message using fewer words.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I personally think of the terms "Rationale" and "Idealist" as referring to the two epistemological theories...

We could affectively say that ST's are pragmatists. But what are the SFs? :thinking:

Bear Warp

MBTI Type
epyT
Fine...I thought it looked more like an inchworm with legs.

I really don't know what the hell it is. I just named it after its emo-code and the fact that it is goofy, no matter what animal or insect it is.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP

This is the theme of my blog! Ha! :D :hug:

Bear Warp

MBTI Type
epyT
Bananas riding Bunchies in the Phallus Kingdom. Sounds fun...