• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Artists

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I've been looking into the enneagram, and I've found that 5w4s tend to have many artistic and creative traits along with an intense imagination. I also know that Ni doms are very good at visualization and meditation. I'm sure those are both very much factors in this whole thing.

And now for the weaknesses!
1. Art is often made in supsension of critical and empirical analysis.
2. It's better to see the world as it really is rather than how we wish to see it.
3. Only the strong and tenacious will conquer the actual objective reality.

Don't take those things seriously, I was just being deliberately annoying.

[MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION] I say you're an INFJ.

:thumbup:

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I've been looking into the enneagram, and I've found that 5w4s tend to have many artistic and creative traits along with an intense imagination. I also know that Ni doms are very good at visualization and meditation. I'm sure those are both very much factors in this whole thing.

Thank you! This explains a lot for me. I actually think it provides the answer I was hoping for and yes...just explains a lot for me.

Now, I feel like having some fun. [Maybe I breathed too many paint fumes today?]

Don't take those things seriously, I was just being deliberately annoying.

Aw, but you gave me a thumbs up and I love thumbs up. Now, I think you're just cute as a Jedi can be and still retain the badness and coolness of the super powers of the force.

And now for the weaknesses!

Weaknesses?

What weaknesses?

You know we're perfect. ;)

1. Art is often made in supsension of critical and empirical analysis.

Maybe, but a-ha! [Brainstorm happening here!] Maybe art is the result of a higher form of critical thinking and empirical analysis. It's just a thought, a possibility. Hmm...just because we lack the ability to measure a thing and prove a thing, doesn't mean the thing isn't so, only that we aren't advanced enough to see outside our own limitations. So, how do we know that the artist isn't the one who sees things the way they really are and everyone else is just too screwed up to know it and they think that the artist has not empirical data to base their perception on, because they measure screwed-up-ness with an instrument that somebody with a screwed-up-ness they really admired invented the instrument? [Now, there's some spirals to trace. For some reason, I felt like the Mad Hatter when I was typing that.]

2. It's better to see the world as it really is rather than how we wish to see it.

Why? Also, who's to say who really sees it as it is? Sometimes, it is seeing what could be that creates what is.

3. Only the strong and tenacious will conquer the actual objective reality.

Yeah, I don't have anything smart [or smart-alek] to say about that one.

So, INFJ it is, so long as I can keep my 5, but....

.....I'm no Merle Streepe and I'm not going to kiss and hug strange people or be dramatic on my way up to receive my Oscars, Tonies, Grammies and what-nots. I'll wear little daggers in my hair, and carry throwing stars in my classy little handbag. I want that whole bullet proof monk vibe going on but looking a lot classier. Also, I don't want anything ruffly, sparkly or frilly on my evening gown. I like 'em black and sleek, maybe with a Mandarin collar and a gold dragon [or red...red would work] embroderied down one side, and I want to wear Cat Woman boots. I like boots. They make me feel like a vampire slayer. See? that's what the little daggers in my hair are for, to take out the vampires behind the news cameras before I open my mouth! Now how cool would that be?