• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT Anthems

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Radiohead is essential for me.

jungie

MBTI Type
ENFP
aaah Radiohead

concert in Berlin on 8 July - mmmm - lost in dreamland :)))))))))

MBTI Type
ENTP
Youtube - Beethoven's 7th, 2nd movement

I hope it's not only INTPs who like Tool. They're excellent musicians. They're a wee bit angst ridden and angry, but that's forgivable in view of contemporary culture.

I wanted to add some purely instrumental music, but was conflicted... I assumed anthems should have words... but, following your example, I'd add, particularly since NTs are supposed to be rigorous but daring thinkers:

practically anything by J.S. Bach (aka God)...

But we could start with his Ciaccone for solo violin plus the rest of the Sonatas and Partitas... and his Art of Fugue...

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP
I wanted to add some purely instrumental music, but was conflicted... I assumed anthems should have words... but, following your example, I'd add, particularly since NTs are supposed to be rigorous but daring thinkers:

practically anything by J.S. Bach (aka God)...

But we could start with his Ciaccone for solo violin plus the rest of the Sonatas and Partitas... and his Art of Fugue...

I'm flabbergasted. He's by far my favorite composer.

You do know Bach composed music to the glory of God?

That's it. We were separated at birth. That's the only logical explanation. That or I'm a closet ENTP.

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm flabbergasted. He's by far my favorite composer.

You do know Bach composed music to the glory of God?

That's it. We were separated at birth. That's the only logical explanation. That or I'm a closet ENTP.

That's the funny thing... Bach was an unbelievably pious and God-loving man... (does that go against being NT? very hard question... since everyone seems to think we're robots... let's read Arthur C. Clarke and find out)

BUT... Bach's incredibly sophisticated and inventive use, unmatched before or after, of counterpoint... building haunting and joyful and (every other emotion possible) melodies from basso lines... shows me a man who could tap into the highest spiritual and emotional aspects of humankind while working with a completely logical and intuitive system... not the "sprung out of thin air" kind of composer.... though in classical and jazz that's very rare... everyone works with a system... he OWNED the system... seems pretty NT to me...

Miles Davis... he claimed that if there were a God, it was a God he'd communed with only in the heights of his musical rapture... I like it.

As for your and my separation at birth... well, hey... let's find something to argue about... isn't that what siblings do? :D

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
That's the funny thing... Bach was an unbelievably pious and God-loving man... (does that go against being NT? very hard question... since everyone seems to think we're robots... let's read Arthur C. Clarke and find out)

I can't imagine a god would find meaningful our assessment of right v. wrong.

We're a profoundly petty species - if this apparent to humans, can you imagine how disappointing we are to a god?

Owl

desert pelican
MBTI Type
INTP

BUT... Bach's incredibly sophisticated and inventive use, unmatched before or after, of counterpoint... building haunting and joyful and (every other emotion possible) melodies from basso lines... shows me a man who could tap into the highest spiritual and emotional aspects of humankind while working with a completely logical and intuitive system... not the "sprung out of thin air" kind of composer.... though in classical and jazz that's very rare... everyone works with a system... he OWNED the system... seems pretty NT to me...

Miles Davis... he claimed that if there were a God, it was a God he'd communed with only in the heights of his musical rapture... I like it.

As for your and my separation at birth... well, hey... let's find something to argue about... isn't that what siblings do? :D

Alas, I'm not familiar with Arthur C. Clarke. Ohh... 2001... He married a presbyterian! I'm a presbyterian! :lol:

I hope to reply to a post or two of yours in the near future. (specifically, there's a thread where we were discussing essence and specific difference. I will get back to you on that. I hope. Dammit.) I'm sure we can find plenty of other things to argue about too.

We're a profoundly petty species - if this apparent to humans, can you imagine how disappointing we are to a god?

Exactly!

The human failure to know the difference between good and evil is one of the most prominent themes in all of scripture!

GAH!

sigh...

Some day, my friend, some day.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
You had a radio show?
Maybe he still does.

[youtube=H__25sN9rPk]Perfect Circle-Passive[/YOUTUBE]

Edit: It's the character in the video and the message in the lyrics that reminds me of an INTJ.

Last edited:

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
You had a radio show?

Yep, for two summers I was a volunteer DJ at Texas A&M's student-run station. They didn't let high school students do it during the regular term but in the summer I could, so in the summer of 92 I had my show "Jeff's Vital Music 'N Stuff" (the title came from a Married with Children episode where Kelly had a cable access tv show called "Kelly's Vital Social Issues n Stuff") that show I pretty much played whatever I wanted, the following year I did a show called "The Rhythm Zone" which I specialized a little more, playing mostly dance/rap/rhythmic stuff, though I occasionally went off the format. I closed every show I did with "Soul Serenade" by David Sanborn. Good times. :)

Maybe he still does.

Alas, no. I pitched some countdown shows for contemporary Christian music to syndicators back in the early 2000's, both as the host and as a writer, but neither were picked up. The countdown I was head writer for was heard worldwide on Gorillaforce.com for a few months though. We had a potential meeting to get it on American Family Radio's 200 plus stations when the company that ran Gorillaforce pulled the plug to focus on the only thing that was making them money, customized streams for businesses. My radio career has been stagnant ever since.

MBTI Type
ENTP

I can't bring myself to believe in a God which is a 'who' with personality. It doesn't make sense to me... I'm more of a Spinozan, which pretty much makes me an atheist.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I second Bach, and offer a nod to WFB by submitting the Allegro Assai from Brandenburg Concerto No. 2.