• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTPs, what are your strongest two letters

INTPs: What are your strongest two letters?

• Total voters

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The ISTPs and ENTPs have a similar thread so it's now our turn.

For me, definitely I and N.

En Gallop

Introversion is the most obvious, for sure. Then iNtuition.

I don't really understand Thinking/Feeling enough yet to say conclusively whether I'm one or the other (lots of contradictory definitions), but my Perceiving preference is pretty clear too.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Introversion is the most obvious, for sure. Then iNtuition.

I don't really understand Thinking/Feeling enough yet to say conclusively whether I'm one or the other (lots of contradictory definitions), but my Perceiving preference is pretty clear too.

Same for me. In terms of strength I > N >>> T, P

The last two are borderline and I've seriously considered all four of the INXX types because I'll just about as often score F or J as I will T or P. For me, it was reading type descriptions and understanding the cognitive functions that made me self-type as INTP.

En Gallop

Same for me. In terms of strength I > N >>> T, P

The last two are borderline and I've seriously considered all four of the INXX types because I'll just about as often score F or J as I will T or P. For me, it was reading type descriptions and understanding the cognitive functions that made me self-type as INTP.

Yeah, l'm definitely an Ne-Si user so INxP is totally confirmed. :) It's the judging functions I flip-flop on... Going by a TorF approach like in MBTI tests I've ALWAYS come out as a T though. But is that my enneagram 5? I have no idea lol! :D

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I < N << T < P. I have never found any other type remotely close. That might have something to do with just how balanced my Ti, Ne, and Si are. I use all 3 at all times.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
the percentages in tests arent about strengths, they percentage of the clarity of the preference based on how you answered the questions. usually tests give most clear results for N and T, but i got SF on some crappy test once too

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Intuition first definitely. Then thinking.

HMSmoron

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Taken plenty of tests on the matter; introversion is always the highest, usually in the 90+ range, then intuition (70+). The other ones I've been uncertain about.

Like Such Irony, I've put some effort looking at all INXX types, just to be sure. I tried my hand at being an INFJ, then an INTJ. I've tried out being an INTP recently, and thus far I have to say it feels the most comfortable. If that makes any sense.

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
N and P, there's no doubt that I prioritize future possibilities over my immediate environment and 5 senses, I am definitely an disorganized, aimless person as well.

FolkCat1234

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
N and T, the types I identify most with (besides INTP) are the other NTs.

Architect

MBTI Type
INTP
Strongest two functions would be a better question, the preferences (letters) are rather naked by themselves.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My strongest letters are definitely IN/INXX. Introversion in general/being high on the withdrawn scale is generally my strongest preference. Not long ago, I was going with INFJ as my type, the first thing I ever tested as. Getting into MBTI, I questioned INFP, but the functional lineup does not make sense and I'm NOT a fi-dom. It can make sense by letters and dichotomy but the functions throw things on their head. INTJ, again maybe by letters but te in my main stack doesn't make much sense and having fi over fe.

Yes, I am a very sensitive creature and have many F qualities, but I have some T qualities as well and the line blurs between F and T. Though going with enneagram 9w1 core, I'd go with a lower fe/lower F function type because the 9 would exaggerate the fe which doesn't really make sense with how I operate as a person on an internal level. I can come across that way in groups of people out of social anxiety but the enneagram and how it connects to your functions is also about drives, motivations, experiences that shaped you, and how a person operates. A vibe/how someone appears ain't gonna cut it.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
N an T i think ... my introvertion is strong but i can deal with people if i have 5 hours for myself everyday.

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
My strongest letters are definitely IN/INXX. Introversion in general/being high on the withdrawn scale is generally my strongest preference. Not long ago, I was going with INFJ as my type, the first thing I ever tested as. Getting into MBTI, I questioned INFP, but the functional lineup does not make sense and I'm NOT a fi-dom. It can make sense by letters and dichotomy but the functions throw things on their head. INTJ, again maybe by letters but te in my main stack doesn't make much sense and having fi over fe.

Yes, I am a very sensitive creature and have many F qualities, but I have some T qualities as well and the line blurs between F and T. Though going with enneagram 9w1 core, I'd go with a lower fe/lower F function type because the 9 would exaggerate the fe which doesn't really make sense with how I operate as a person on an internal level. I can come across that way in groups of people out of social anxiety but the enneagram and how it connects to your functions is also about drives, motivations, experiences that shaped you, and how a person operates. A vibe/how someone appears ain't gonna cut it.

I never perceived you as Intp .... But funny enough The most common enneagram is 5 which is almost any intj or intp i know .
Do you have a cognitive funtion test ?.

9w1 ,Intp and being a girl that is probabily rarer than being an Infj's xDD.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I never perceived you as Intp .... But funny enough The most common enneagram is 5 which is almost any intj or intp i know .
Do you have a cognitive funtion test ?.

9w1 ,Intp and being a girl that is probabily rarer than being an Infj's xDD.

I considered it in the past, but went with iNFJ over it. The enneagram I identify most with is E5, but I am very 9ish too. Because of a lot of people being of the school of thought that INFx 5 isn't possible, I'd been bouncing around other types. I took a cognitive function test a while back, I can try to find if it's still around. People who I know IRL and know me well and are familiar with typology say they can see INTP, as well as some people who I've talked to on Discord.

9 is more common in Fs but in general among the population, it is one of the most common enneagram types along with 3 and 6. A lot of people had suggested 9 for me before but INFx 9 doesn't quite seem to fit 100% percent. and INTP 5 definitely isn't right either, while I identify with enneagram 5 on it's own.

Cognitive function test... yeah ti second INFJ. I think fe should be a bit higher than it is but the rest seems good, and I can be pretty ne-ish so ne should be higher. But the score for ne could have been worse too.

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 3.51.33 PM_zpsyqvv8wlc.png Photo by RomulanPrincess | Photobucket

and another test not cognitive functions but another test I believe based on form M: Screen_Shot_2019-04-26_at_6.07.35_AM_zpsoxjothcm.jpeg Photo by RomulanPrincess | Photobucket

Non_xsense

MBTI Type
Fool
I considered it in the past, but went with iNFJ over it. The enneagram I identify most with is E5, but I am very 9ish too. Because of a lot of people being of the school of thought that INFx 5 isn't possible, I'd been bouncing around other types. I took a cognitive function test a while back, I can try to find if it's still around. People who I know IRL and know me well and are familiar with typology say they can see INTP, as well as some people who I've talked to on Discord.

9 is more common in Fs but in general among the population, it is one of the most common enneagram types along with 3 and 6. A lot of people had suggested 9 for me before but INFx 9 doesn't quite seem to fit 100% percent. and INTP 5 definitely isn't right either, while I identify with enneagram 5 on it's own.

Cognitive function test... yeah ti second INFJ. I think fe should be a bit higher than it is but the rest seems good, and I can be pretty ne-ish so ne should be higher. But the score for ne could have been worse too.

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 3.51.33 PM_zpsyqvv8wlc.png Photo by RomulanPrincess | Photobucket

and another test not cognitive functions but another test I believe based on form M: Screen_Shot_2019-04-26_at_6.07.35_AM_zpsoxjothcm.jpeg Photo by RomulanPrincess | Photobucket

Yeah , That is something else... Generally Intp's tend to get very high Ni in those tests 'cause Ti and Ne can reach a Ni point of view very easily and they can even fool themself ( i always get Ni second and Ti first which is almost every highly intuitive intp[ I think this is the point , do you use Ti first ? if you do , you are an intp ]).

What i find strange is that Ti isn't the higher . Maybe you are overthinking causing contamination ( pretty normal for intps xDD ) .

Are you a concept improviser? can you do non-stop stupid connections with Enfps?. I think you do some art ... what atract you about art?.

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah , That is something else... Generally Intp's tend to get very high Ni in those tests 'cause Ti and Ne can reach a Ni point of view very easily and they can even fool themself ( i always get Ni second and Ti first which is almost every highly intuitive intp[ I think this is the point , do you use Ti first ? if you do , you are an intp ]).

What i find strange is that Ti isn't the higher . Maybe you are overthinking causing contamination ( pretty normal for intps xDD ) .

Are you a concept improviser? can you do non-stop stupid connections with Enfps?. I think you do some art ... what atract you about art?.

I think that I use ni, or possibly ne first bouncing around ideas and off in la la land but "I"/INTP put on my profile as of now to reflect the extreme withdrawn aspect. I am aware there is a difference between cognitive and social introversion but was just a weirdo that way. xD And I would say fe is up there too, I debate if fe is auxillary or tertiary but definitely lower than ne/ni. Things in social interactions going over my head and not being 100% emotionally aware make me think it is possibly on the lower end but I do overthink things like that in social interactions and try to be tune in the social atmosphere so there are times when it's crud but it plays something of a role.

ENFPs are fun to talk to, or high ne people in general, and just coming up with random ideas. I do like to be original, and think of bizarre things. Maybe not solid useful concepts 100%, I do like to read up on animals, and cryptids, and think about prehistoric animals in the modern day, or what if cryptids existed. Or when reading or watching a show, what they could have done differently if I didn't like the way they did something. Maybe not useful things but things like that.

With art, I do like how there is a certain control aspect, how you can create your world, or people can develop their own styles. How there may not be as much control in the real world but you can be a God of your own art world. Looking at cartoons from different eras, and see how it all evolved, and all the different things you can draw. I mostly draw creatures and characters but I look at other artist's art on DA, and some animations on Youtube.

Do you do art, or write, or anything like that?