• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTPs and Dating

MrRandom

MBTI Type
INFJ
Haha, yep, I've thought about this too. It would be so much better than that "what's your sign?" crap. I could be like "look, this book says you and I are PERFECT for each other." :D

I've done that. Really. A couple of times... I thought it would make them give me a (bigger) chance, if the odds are not against us! Ahaha... It was funny, but the relationships themselves didn't work out too perfect. However, they were ENFPs, not ENTPs (which I consider the best fit for me, although I have limited experience). ENTPs are just so cool, and I have some T tendencies too, so I can reason/argue with them nicely. As a J I'm used to take care of the mess ENTPs can make of things :D

Ada

MBTI Type
IntP
I made the massive mistake of dating two xSTJ's and it was the worst thing I ever did...

At the same time? Uh huh. I could see how that could end up being a massive mistake... [j/k]

I don't think I could quite deal with an INFP. With an INTP I know that my partner generally thinks a lot like me, so the introversion won't be a bad thing at all...

My husband tested as ENTP, we've been together for 18 years, married 17. We generally think a lot alike, which works out well in terms of parenting and such. We also both tend to not pay attention to the details of life... which can lead to problems (the light bill not getting paid, for example.)

As a J I'm used to take care of the mess ENTPs can make of things :D

As an INTP married to an ENTP, I can attest to the messes we both make as we go through life creating major headaches in our home life - at least whenever one of us looks up and takes notice... often neither of us notices until company is scheduled to come over.

Wrath Mania

MBTI Type
ENTP
I've had a few situations with ESTPs that were pretty much entirely lust based. I've also had a few bouts with ISFJs that never really went anywhere. To me, the kind of women that I tend to actually fall for are NFs, with NFJs being the most serious (and probably, potentially the most rewarding).

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
I like to date big boobs xD
First real ENTP in the bunch.

I've found that ENTPs are just like ESTPs in this particular area. The only difference is that they are more interesting to talk to and more fun for people of the gender they're not attracted to...

T

ThatGirl

I've had a few situations with ESTPs that were pretty much entirely lust based. I've also had a few bouts with ISFJs that never really went anywhere. To me, the kind of women that I tend to actually fall for are NFs, with NFJs being the most serious (and probably, potentially the most rewarding).

Love ESTPs but yeah...they are just fun.A at the end of the day I just find myself wanting to throw a book at their head.......

NFJ males give me the heebie jeebies as far as relationships go...not sure why?

"I've found that ENTPs are just like ESTPs in this particular area. The only difference is that they are more interesting to talk to and more fun for people of the gender they're not attracted to... "

You're not kidding.:)

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
NFs and NTs. Although I have attracted SJs, those do not work out for anything long term.
roles, roles . . .

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I tend to attract more J girls.
I prefer to date P girls though- they are more laidback and don't take things as seriously and are less controlling.

lifeintechnicolor

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'm not sure why, but I'm usually attracted to ESFJ's...something about the kindheartedness (that I lack sometimes) just gets me. But I actually got to know one ESFJ I was previously attracted to and found that although we got along, we were better off as friends and nothing else. He looked a the world in too much of a...positive way? He was very organized and structured and always had a plan. The more I spoke to him the less I was attracted, however I still felt very fortunate to meet him.

As for the current ESFJ I'm interested, I would say he is on the light side of the spectrum. I would say it would work out quite nicely. :wubbie:

ISTJ's...hmm, no. Just not for me, at least. Too much of something I can't put my finger on.