• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NT in SJ family?

10blackroses

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I am the only NT (though sometimes I seem NF) in my family. Not only in my immediate family, but counting all the descendants of my grandmother's siblings as well. My mother is ENFJ and there are some SPs and one INFJ that have joined the family by marriage, but the SJ dominance is extreme. I'm really drowning in SJs sometimes! Anybody else feel the same way?

Scissorhands

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Same thing here. My mother's an ESFJ, my father's an ISTJ, and a lot of my extended family are SJs as well, although I do know a one of them is NFJ. Yeah, it does get a bit annoying at times.

R

Riva

Most of my relatives are NTs and SPs. A very few are SJs. Therefore literally I am not drowning in SJs.

My father is an ESTJ. So am I drowning in SJs metaphorically?

Sometimes I feel that way. However considering the fact that my mother is a ESFP 7w6 and my sister is a ESTP 6w5 I am glad to have a strong SJ in my family.

My grandmother is an ISTJ. Now that's a type that I wouldn't want to be influenced by. Doesn't have the positive outlook on life the ESTJs seem to have and extremely negative they are I've noticed.

I

Infinite Bubble

Apart from my mother (INFJ), the entirety of my family is mostly SJs and SPs. I don't see any of them beyond close family very often though, but it can be a nuisance when I do.

10blackroses

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Apart from my mother (INFJ), the entirety of my family is mostly SJs and SPs. I don't see any of them beyond close family very often though, but it can be a nuisance when I do.

I don't mind SPs as much as I mind SJs; my best friend is ISFP, and one of the two extended family members that it's possible to talk to is ESTP. But living in an SJ world is like being a goldfish in a herring school :huh:

10blackroses

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My grandmother is an ISTJ. Now that's a type that I wouldn't want to be influenced by. Doesn't have the positive outlook on life the ESTJs seem to have and extremely negative they are I've noticed.

ISTJs as a concept is just plain creepy, but the only ISTJ I know well is actually tolerable (she is my aunt). ESTJs freak me out more, as a matter of fact, because they are so loud about everything that they mean and I disagree with, whether it's politics, religion or boring stuff like taking out the trash (an SJ in my family held a looooooooong lecture about that once - so funny.)

Froody Blue Gem

Necromancing Scapelamb
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm the only N in my family so, processing differences. xD Well, it's debatable if my mom is ENFJ or ESFJ, I take her for an ESFJ with very developed ne. But on the surface, she can come across as N. She shows signs of higher si and her N mode does have a ne-ness to it. My sister is ISFP, not SJ though, but she's debated being ISFJ, I guess that makes my dad the only definite SJ (ISTJ).

My family is great, but I would say that I see the world a bit differently... well my dad is extremely introverted as am I so we can connect in that area and he's a nice guy, just very set in his routine. I get along well with my sister but we are very different people. My mom can be a fun person, but she also is scared of not having control.

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hard and very conflicted in times. Horrific for INTP type 9.

miss deceit

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Really annoying - they be intimidated by me all the time and act passive aggressively towards me. Quite funny tbh

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
The SJ's in my family are annoying and incredibly repressed yet reactionary, often simplifying deeply complex issues. There is abundant insecurity and phobia but I'm really uninterested in finding out more about any of that.

There are a couple SP's - both are more easy going and genuinely interested in people but they are also extroverts. The SJ's are introverts.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I am the only NT far as I know, but I have a brother that might be an N. (INFP) simply based on some stereotypical behavior and I do not know him that well.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
I'm the only NT in a family full of SJs and 8s. I used to care when I was a kid about their tendency to respect power over facts and reason, and other crap. I deemed their demons theirs to tame and I withdrew from the debate.

Animalistic in their mindset that is manifested as modern sophistication, they like it when you don't give a fuck about them. It's fair, really. I've grown to see them in a different light. They're insecure as fuck.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
In my case, nothing short of psychological abuse.

They actually think there is no such thing as "adaptability/thinking on your feet" and legit called me crazy and suggested I be institutionalized for doing so.
They would do things like precook all of my meals (I LOVE to cook and have always been far better at it than them) and hire a babysitter when they went out of town for more than day because they thought that I was going to burn the house down or get myself killed-until I moved out at 24.

It was in a constant state of agitation and discourse because as an adult I was never allowed to things the way I needed to them. This of course lead to a lot of failures and only further encouraged their belief that I was incompetent. Of course, as soon as they weren't around I succeeded at everything I attempted.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
I identify My mother ESFJ. She is always impatient and really wants to get everything done "NOW"; if not she judges it easily as a procrastination, which she reproaches. She always gives instruction to her children like a military command to be obeyed by soldiers. She always uses feeling. When she think she complained that: she is exhausted when thinking; then back to feeling again. She always tell how she feels. Sometimes, she blame herself for many things that she regret doing in the past. She does not communicate her expectations, but when she was dissapointed, it becomes clear what she expected was. Sometimes I think that she has a untold expectations. She is demanding to her children. But,she is caring, and quickly feels worry when I get some symptoms of illness, like cough, and eventually told me to eat some medicine. According to her story, she once enrolled in nursery academy, but did not graduate.