• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Ask an INTJ

logan235711

MBTI Type
INTJ
Have you ever had that inkling of a question you've wanted to ask an INTJ but been to shy, lazy, nervous to ask out of worry of complete oblivion by the INTJ?! Well here's your chance! INTJs are the sh*t! So ask away :party2:

outmywindow

MBTI Type
INTP
Why are you so damn weird? And I mean you personally, not "you" as a collective term for all INTJs.

Tayshaun

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I'll start with some silly stereotypes you will probably shatter:
How do you stay motivated to perform during your studies/job?
Do you usually know what your next step will be? i.e. are you usually confident in your next move?
Do you mostly think in terms of sequencing?
Are you careful about your hair and do your eyes look sleepy and distant?

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
Do all of you follow old girlfriends around for 20+ years?

logan235711

MBTI Type
INTJ
Wow, three questions already! I'll need the assistance of some other INTJs soon, as I don't want this to turn into an "ask logan235711 cause he's the coolest guy in the universe thread" : ) so I may leave some questions unanswered later to give other INTJs a chance to respond too : ) oh, lastly, I'll try to answer from my INTJ side *tries to recall the powers that be*

Why are you so damn weird? And I mean you personally, not "you" as a collective term for all INTJs.
I'm not weird, you're just too caught up in looking at things from one perspective. People think this might not be possible since you're an INTP, but this happens to every type, INTPs can seem to fall in ruts even worse than others. Take Einstein's latter career as a prime example.

/end INTJ mode

What do you mean?! I don't think I understand your question : ( *beep* *beep* does not compute *beep* maybe you could elaborate on why I'm weird :)

/start INTJ mode (again)
I'll start with some silly stereotypes you will probably shatter:
How do you stay motivated to perform during your studies/job?
I figure if I don't stay motivated it makes my job that much harder. So the idea of working hard at that moment to make it easier and quicker to finish is better in the long run. Better for options that may arise in the future, better for my social situation, etc.

/end INTJ mode
lol this is actually hard! cause I want to go into INFJ/INFP/INTP mode and be like "but" "but" "but" and give all these exceptions and other ideas, but MUST RESIST URRRRGEEEE

/start INTJ mode (again...)
Do you usually know what your next step will be? i.e. are you usually confident in your next move?
Yes I am confident and yes I usually know what my next step will be. When I am working towards something I have a great ability to know exactly what needs to be done to get the job done and then, how to get to those things. Thus, anything that does not fit into the initial framework of the job, I am able to disregard; and in turn, focus just on those things that do influence it the most.

Times when I might be less confident are when I am in a situation that requires that I take feelings into consideration over non-feeling objects. I know exactly what feelings to evoke in others to keep the group moral and motivation up and running, but anything beyond that I will try to nip at the bud if I see the slightest possibility of it arising that may interfere with the task at hand. This does not mean I ignore it, but I address it well in advance of it happening. Because situations like that can be so bothersome, I have a radar, in a sense, that goes off pretty accurately when things like that are about to happen, so predicting those events is something I am usually very good at. And the more I know a system the better I can predict and plan in advance for any situation that may arise, not just feeling based.

Do you mostly think in terms of sequencing?
I take it when you say sequencing you mean finding a pattern and putting things in order that correspond to the pattern at use. I mostly sequence objects of a material nature, such as books, forms, stuff on my computer etc., into categories that I think make sense for however I am going to be using those objects. Things of a less material nature, such as when I build a system in my head, are less about sequencing, and more about finding distinctions and separating those. From there, I look at each of the distinctions and consider how to best work that one aspect (i.e. the best way to use the distinction efficiently for the goal that the project desires). Then I do the same for another distinction. Afterwards I begin to combine those distinctions that I have looked into and take into consideration the possible problems that may arise by trying to maximize their efficiency as separate entities and how those efficiencies will need to be modified to maximize the efficiency of the whole system, once I combine them all. Thus, I have a good deal of understanding of how each part works on a more individual basis and when combined, how they each influence each other. Because of this, I am likely to be very flexible towards applying those distinctions on whim to new areas because I understand how they work so well together.

Are you careful about your hair and do your eyes look sleepy and distant?
I do enough as to get what I want out of the day that is to follow. I would say my eyes (when in INTJ mode) look more focused and scanning. When I'm bored out of my mind, I can see them being more distant, but I'd say there is still a sense of focusing to them; like I'm thinking about something out there, but still focusing on it intently none-the-less. Us INTJs probably have good use of the eyebrow movements too ; )

Do all of you follow old girlfriends around for 20+ years?
I do not. If I have made a decision to not date someone anymore, then that is all there is to it. I tend to not make decisions of that nature with haste, so when they come, that is that. This does not mean I still cannot be friends with said person afterwards; but if they are having trouble seeing me, then I can simple move on as well.

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
I do not. If I have made a decision to not date someone anymore, then that is all there is to it. I tend to not make decisions of that nature with haste, so when they come, that is that. This does not mean I still cannot be friends with said person afterwards; but if they are having trouble seeing me, then I can simple move on as well.

Either you're special, or the INTJs I've met are. Meh. Type doesn't account for everything. :nice:

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What role does inferior Se play in your temperament. And also, how do you reconcile your allegiance to an NT type in general with your Intuition being so preponderous over Thinking.

In short, how do you, as an NT treat the idea of yourself being so much more intuitive than analytical? Do you see this as potentially problematic, as I could imagine that you--as an NT probably want to have an analytical and dispassionate approach to life.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
How can you be INTJ when you come across as so extraverted and exuberant?

Surely you must be ENTJ! In fact, I even get a little ENTP impression... How strong are each of your preferences?

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
Will you join in giving answers and make it become a "coolest girl and guy in the universe thread"?

As an INTJ, I don't know if I could handle that much public fame and glory.

Then again, I'm giving an answer right now, aren't I?

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
What if you are not the one that made the decision?