• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Ask an INTJ

Within

Permabanned
How do the instinct stacking affect your INTJ-ness?

MBTI is a filter.
Instinct variation, is the bean-flavored water poured through.

Edit: I can't be the only one who hates that it's called 'instinct'.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJS are not all the same. Enneagram type and stacking is just one of many factors that contribute to and help to explain our differences. Just look at the INTJs on the forum.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
INTJS are not all the same.

All it means to be an INTJ is that you primarily process information using Ni and then Te (with Fi and Se working somewhere in the back).

Your core fears, motivations, fixations, instincts, alignment, values, etc. can be all over the board.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
All it means to be an INTJ is that you primarily process information using Ni and then Te (with Fi and Se working somewhere in the back).

Your core fears, motivations, fixations, instincts, alignment, values, etc. can be all over the board.

I am assuming then you are not a David Keirsey fan (he is INTP) who defines types solely by behavior and personality traits rather than information processing.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
I am assuming then you are not a David Keirsey fan...

No, I am not a fan of Keirsey.

He focuses solely on the external, and I prefer an internal approach.

I'm fine with exploring connections between the internal and external, but to focus solely on the latter is stupid.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team

Because to more richly understand something, it's best to look at it from more than just one perspective.

AQAL-ISD-CHART.jpg

I've believed what I said about Keirsey for a long time, and I believe Ken Wilber's quadrant theory (which I only recently became familiar with [although, I've believed the sentiment it expresses for a long time]) explains my reasoning quite well.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
How do I get my INTJ brother to communicate with me? There are so many things that I wish he would talk with me about but he just never talks.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Stop trying to get him to talk.

But we need to communicate. For instance we split many bills together, and we need to communicate about when we are going to both get together and pay them. He can't communicate to save his life.

Nicodemus

But we need to communicate. For instance we split many bills together, and we need to communicate about when we are going to both get together and pay them. He can't communicate to save his life.
Oh, such trivial talk. Then just send him an e-mail.

G

Ginkgo

Everyone can communicate; if he doesn't, then he probably doesn't want to. However, people tend to open up when you respect their boundaries and respect their ability to communicate.

The Great One

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Everyone can communicate; if he doesn't, then he probably doesn't want to. However, people tend to open up when you respect their boundaries and respect their ability to communicate.

I try my damndest to respect his boundaries. It doesn't look like I can get him to communicate no matter what I do. It almost seems hopeless.

G

Ginkgo

No, I am not a fan of Keirsey.

He focuses solely on the external, and I prefer an internal approach.

I'm fine with exploring connections between the internal and external, but to focus solely on the latter is stupid.

Solely on external? What distinguishes his work the most is his focus on multiple intelligences. Intelligence is internal. As in, inside. Within. Interior.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Solely on external? What distinguishes his work the most is his focus on multiple intelligences. Intelligence is internal. As in, inside. Within. Interior.

Not within the framework I'm discussing.

Keirsey is a behaviorist, and focused on that which is external.

Jung, by contrast, focused on the internal (i.e., consciousness, psychoanalysis, etc.).

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So what type was Carl Jung? CelebrityTypes.com says INFJ, but it also said Jung identified as ISTP and INTP!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So what type was Carl Jung? CelebrityTypes.com says INFJ, but it also said Jung identified as ISTP and INTP!

There isn't clear agreement. I believe he said he was an INTP in a famous interview but others don't interpret his words as such.