• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Ask an INTJ

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Why is it that (male) INTJ's seem to have greater difficulty typing their (female) ladiez?

I don't know if that's even true...

Esp when they seem so certain with typing others. Hmm?

Nor am I sure that we're always that certain with others.

I can't just automatically type any person I meet; hell, I have trouble typing some people I've known for a long time.

I have to spend enough time with someone post-typology-knowledge, and, even then, some people are tougher than others.

I'm assuming this has to do with your Scottish fellow not being sure whether you're an ESFP or ENFP...

Well, remember: I am not too sure about that, either...

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Any chance on getting a constructive reply? I am quite interested in hearing your side of the story. ;)

Typical stuff: our normal functions are your shadow functions.

Your dominant Ti sounds like the "critical parent" (Beebe's 6th function) to us, as does our Ni to you.

Also, inferior Fe often colors your reasoning without you knowing, and so you guys push Fe imperatives on us as if it's "rational", and, as Fe is our trickster function (Beebe's 7th), we react rather violently against this, because, well, you are wrong, in a sense (in letting your subconscious Fe make you think that the imperative you're pushing is the rational one), and so we feel justified in an objective manner (Te) to go full force (TeSe) with letting our personal position (Fi) take precedence over yours, since you're attempting to do the same thing to us, and we know that you're wrong.

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't know if that's even true...

Actually i think it could be extended to people you know very well. It's almost as if you find it distracting.

Nor am I sure that we're always that certain with others.

I can't just automatically type any person I meet; hell, I have trouble typing some people I've known for a long time.

I have to spend enough time with someone post-typology-knowledge, and, even then, some people are tougher than others.

I'm assuming this has to do with your Scottish fellow not being sure whether you're an ESFP or ENFP...

Well, remember: I am not too sure about that, either...

Not particularly to do with Jim, though i add the experience to the pot. He seems clearer now. I noted you had the same difficulty with one (poss two?) of your own ex's. I also have noted others do similar, i wonder if the confusion comes through a questioning desire to mentally mould said ladiez to ideal partners...

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
Clever Subtext: See any post [MENTION=10757]Nicodemus[/MENTION] makes.

I hope that helps! :D

:bored:

I was looking more for why you fail at it and the bit about the "Witch King"...

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why do INTJs reign their superior mastermind intellect over us lesser mortals!!??

A

Anew Leaf

:bored:

I was looking more for why you fail at it and the bit about the "Witch King"...

Aww, your disdain pales only to the glorious honeyed tones of Nico.

:)

What I was thinking of with that imagery is that Te wielded by INTJs is very rapier like. It can dart in and do some damage but half the time you aren't even sure where it came from. It's quite delightful in that capacity.

My Te on the other hand is far more clumsy and heavy handed. With this particular INTJ, I know all of his weak points. NiTe can give the user the ability to say a lot with very few words. A perfectly constructed sentence can convey multiple meanings/warnings at the same time. What I have is more of a bulldozer effect of "I shall go for your weakness, but you are going to hear me and my army from 5 miles away."

He has been my friend so I don't want to use his weaknesses against him. And I am not well versed in the art of subtly using them against him in a way that can remind him of this fact without actually saying overt.

He hasn't pushed me far enough for me to respond in that heavy Te fashion quite yet.

I hope this makes sense. I thought of this analogy in more a snapshot picture form and I am not sure if I am verbalizing well enough.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm glad the INTJs here are honest enough to admit they use their superiority complex, which is virtue because it means they are more likely to use their power for noble goals. :happy0065:

A

Anew Leaf

Dear INTJs,

What is something that you wish people would notice/appreciate about you that rarely occurs?

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Dear INTJs,

What is something that you wish people would notice/appreciate about you that rarely occurs?

That I greatly appreciate gifts of fine Whiskey, Scotch and or Bourbon.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm glad the INTJs here are honest enough to admit they use their superiority complex, which is virtue because it means they are more likely to use their power for noble goals. :happy0065:
The rest of us have to do something to compensate for the small but well-publicised minority who keep winning "villain of the year" awards.

Dear INTJs,

That my intuitions really are right much of the time.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It would be illogical to deny reality, and such a useful one at that.

On the other hand, we could just be trolling.

Santosha

MBTI Type
HUMR
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
How does Se inferior manifest in INTJ's? Are you aware of accessing it in the moment, or with later reflection? Do you see yourself using it in a negative, immature way?

(I ask because my INTJ had some, to me, quite humorous sensory quarks. I am curious if INTJ's are drawn to the same types of sensory stimuli or if it varies, which I suspect it does.)

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When are you not confident? Be honest here. It's said that INTJ is among one of the most confident types but there must be something that makes you rather unsure of yourself.

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When are you not confident? Be honest here. It's said that INTJ is among one of the most confident types but there must be something that makes you rather unsure of yourself.

When speaking in front of large numbers of people. Regardless of how confident and prepared I am with the topic and the material. I lose all confidence when I have to open my mouth and begin speaking. On the bright side, so far I am the only one who has ever noticed.

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
How does Se inferior manifest in INTJ's? Are you aware of accessing it in the moment, or with later reflection? Do you see yourself using it in a negative, immature way?

(I ask because my INTJ had some, to me, quite humorous sensory quarks. I am curious if INTJ's are drawn to the same types of sensory stimuli or if it varies, which I suspect it does.)

You, my dear, ask the best questions in this thread.

Let's just hope the response to this one doesn't get lost to the ether...

How does inferior Se manifest in INTJs?

Inferior Se manifests in many different ways. Some of which I'm aware of:

• Compulsive need for sensory stimuli when stressed. When I'm stressed, I feel the need to take a hot shower. Many people might say a similar thing, but I doubt it manifests as consistently, strongly, and compulsively as it does in me. I will take a hot shower, get out, and then want to get right back in. I don't want it to stop. As long as I'm feeling soothing hot water rolling over my head, I'm not trippin about whatever's going on. Often times it actually allows me to look at the matter in a clearer light, clear my head, get back into a more productive zone. (A similar thing might happen with sex or masturbation, depending on what's easy/available at the moment. This isn't as consistent as the shower thing, though.) (Other INTJs, I believe, might also report something similar with substance use, whether alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs. This has never been much of an issue for me. I [have] use[d] all these things in moderation, at some time in my life, but have never had much of a compulsive use or abuse problem. I've seen, though, that INTJs are the third most likely type to get help for a substance abuse problem.)

• A high sensitivity to unpleasing sensory phenomena., whether a sight, sound, a smell, a taste, a temperature, a texture, a position, having someone touch me, etc. This one can be pretty bad, cuz it's highly uncontrollable, can rear its head in relationship situations, wherein the other person is trying to cuddle, or is touching me in a certain way, or a number of other things, and, I dunno, I can have just a really visceral reaction caused by frustration over the other person not realizing how uncomfortable/displeased they're making me. It's not uniform, either; something that I'll enjoy at one time will be something that will bother me at another. There's something disgustingly immature, imo, about expecting the other person to realize the discomfort they're causing you, but, at the same time, part of me says that the person should be attuned to such a thing. The thing is, then my rational brain kicks back in and recognizes how absurd it is to expect the other person to always "just know". I'd say this is one of the uglier manifestations of it.

• Information addiction.

• Unusual/inordinate attention to details. This one is well-covered in Naomi Quenk's

• Pervasive sexuality. I'm kind of just generally a hornball. It's like part of me will always be a 23-yr old SP. My ENFP ex used to get pretty annoyed when we would walk around a video store and I'd always stop and check out (every single one of) the C-rated boob flicks. With Se in the demonic position, I don't think she appreciated my conundrum. I can't really help myself. If the cover is enticing, I'm gunna pick it up, look at the back to see if there's any more eye candy, and there's really no two ways about it. I don't see anything wrong with it either. These are my urges. Why the fuck should you care? Sexually, this manifests as a willingness to explore, which is probably why INTJs have a reputation for being phreaks in the bed.

• INTJs' oft-noted obsession with anime. Anything else explain this oddity?
Are you aware of accessing it in the moment, or with later reflection?

Well, I mean, first off, does one have to know what Se/inferior Se is in order to be aware of accessing it?

I've always been aware of the above-mentioned attributes to some degree, and recognized them as being due to something inside me, and I'd say I've steadily become more aware of it over time. Some people who I'm close to, throughout my life, have commented on my... uhm... strong sexuality. I'm not sure if it's because I'm an sx dom, or inferior Se, or both, or what, but I would lay at least some of the blame on the Se. Even if it's our 4th function, it's kinda always there, subconsciously, underlying everything.

I'd say, now, with a strong theoretical backing in typology, I'm pretty aware of it most of the time. That doesn't mean I necessarily do or can do anything about it. Frankly, I like those C-rated boob flick covers (I mean, it's not like I've ever actually rented one or anything [I'm not a frickin SP]); I like taking showers when I'm stressed; rubbing one out or fucking my girlfriend can be a great stress reliever; and, well, I like (good) anime). I do want to be able to handle displeasing sensory phenomena better. I try to, and I succeed to some extent, but I don't find my current type/level of response acceptable.

Do you see yourself using it in a negative, immature way?

I think I've already covered this.

I'm kinda done with my first crack at this.

Ima keep adding to the above over the next few days.

Feel free to ask follow-up questions; I'm pretty sure I've got more to say about it.

Last edited: