• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Ask an INTJ

Langrenus

What role does inferior Se play in your temperament. And also, how do you reconcile your allegiance to an NT type in general with your Intuition being so preponderous over Thinking.

In short, how do you, as an NT treat the idea of yourself being so much more intuitive than analytical? Do you see this as potentially problematic, as I could imagine that you--as an NT probably want to have an analytical and dispassionate approach to life.

Are you sure its not you who wants a dispassionate approach to life? You use of language is indicative here; for instance, the use of 'preponderous' rather than simply 'dominant'. Incidentally, a 'dispassionate' existence sounds both unrealistic and, ultimately, pathetic

Anyway...the N function provides great scope for pattern-matching (completely compatible with T, which can locate inconsistencies) and possibility-generation, which the T function can then take on analyze in more detail.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Are you sure its not you who wants a dispassionate approach to life? You use of language is indicative here; for instance, the use of 'preponderous' rather than simply 'dominant'. Incidentally, a 'dispassionate' existence sounds both unrealistic and, ultimately, pathetic

Anyway...the N function provides great scope for pattern-matching (completely compatible with T, which can locate inconsistencies) and possibility-generation, which the T function can then take on analyze in more detail.

The problem that I see here is that INTJ's intuition is so much stronger than their Thinking.(yet the opposite holds true for the INTP).as our introverted functions tend to pull more weigh... the Ni may just give you way more than your Te can handle..(yet again... the energy of the Te is amplified by INTJ's superior intuition... like INFJ's Fe also is by Ni)

logan235711

MBTI Type
INTJ
Not true -- I have an INTJ stalker. So I tend to think there's something to yer theory m'dear. :yes:
I might not know as many INTJs that you do, but from the few I know, they would never do something like that. It would be a complete waste of energy and effort on their part and any INTJ could tell you, that might be what they would fear the most. Exceptions do exist, but I'm very skepticle as to this being the norm for INTJs. Not to be beat it in, but also from my exp. it has usually been the other way around, where the INTJ has to end up breaking it and distancing himself/herself because the other person is still trying to get too much of the INTJs personal space.

What role does inferior Se play in your temperament.
I can't really answer this, otherwise I'd be talking out of my ass. This site: INTJ Profile has a section about it, but it seems pretty crappy to me. Maybe someone else will step up and answer or you could try looking for some other sources online, although I know you would probably prefer an INTJ to answer in person.

And also, how do you reconcile your allegiance to an NT type in general with your Intuition being so preponderous over Thinking.

In short, how do you, as an NT treat the idea of yourself being so much more intuitive than analytical? Do you see this as potentially problematic, as I could imagine that you--as an NT probably want to have an analytical and dispassionate approach to life.
I'm not exactly sure what you are saying here, you might be trying to cram too many ideas in at once, but I'll give it a shot.

I don't think about it to be honest. Whether I am X or Y as long as I can get the job done the best way possible, then it doesn't really matter. But to be more fair, I might think that my intuitive is so high that it is more or less an unconscious effort, so any effort I need to put into something it bound to be the analytic part because the N part is already being worked whether given effort or not. You might be trying to compare Ni vs Te instead of intuitive vs analytic, and in that sense, once again the Ni is dominant, compared to say an INTP, so the Te works off of the Ni, not before it or independent of it. If this doesn't answer your question, perhaps you could rephrase it for me : )

How can you be INTJ when you come across as so extraverted and exuberant?

Surely you must be ENTJ! In fact, I even get a little ENTP impression... How strong are each of your preferences?
hehe, here's my rough %s as of last week, maybe they'll answer the rest ; )
I=38%, N=80%, F=12%, J=1%

here's my rough %s from the last 3yrs ; )
I=60-80%, N=80ish%, T=60-80%, J=40-60%

What if you are not the one that made the decision?
To be honest, that has never happened to me. Usually the communication is so open that it becomes, for the most part, from a mutual decision. But, to entertain your idea. I might try to confront the person on it as to discover why we broke up so I can learn from anything that might have been a factor and move on to something else. To be frank, I might be mad if they suddenly broke it off so quickly and began to play games about it when I tried to confront them, but I would probably just completely blow them off at that point, and not bother with it, thinking it was probably their fault for the failing of the relationship, not mine. The reasoning usually goes like this: if I am putting some X amount of work into a relationship to have it work, and if some person ends it without giving me any help as to what happened, then it is fairly obvious that said person is not putting X amount of work in return, into the relationship. So if it ends, then I know it wasn't because I wasn't trying, but I might have misjudged how much effort the person was going to be putting in to the relationship. And in any case, I have no regrets.

raincrow007

MBTI Type
INTP
I might not know as many INTJs that you do, but from the few I know, they would never do something like that. It would be a complete waste of energy and effort on their part and any INTJ could tell you, that might be what they would fear the most. Exceptions do exist, but I'm very skepticle as to this being the norm for INTJs. Not to be beat it in, but also from my exp. it has usually been the other way around, where the INTJ has to end up breaking it and distancing himself/herself because the other person is still trying to get too much of the INTJs personal space.

I know at least seven of them -- all engineers, too. You're wrong. ;)

To be honest, that has never happened to me. Usually the communication is so open that it becomes, for the most part, a mutual decision. But, to entertain your idea. I might try to confront the person on it as to discover why we broke up so I can learn from anything that might have been a factor and move on to something else.

:hi: Stalker!

Langrenus

Not to be beat it in, but also from my exp. it has usually been the other way around, where the INTJ has to end up breaking it and distancing himself/herself because the other person is still trying to get too much of the INTJs personal space.

Spot on. It's only recently - after discovering MBTI - that I've realised how much damage I did to my previous relationship by constantly demanding space.

BW: Your point is interesting, but can you clarify further - put some meat on the bones, so to speak? What exactly is going to overload the T?

raincrow007

MBTI Type
INTP
Spot on. It's only recently - after discovering MBTI - that I've realised how much damage I did to my previous relationship by constantly demanding space.

BW: Your point is interesting, but can you clarify further - put some meat on the bones, so to speak? What exactly is going to overload the T?

Pair an INTP with an undersexed INTJ. Guess who's the clingiest?

Sure as shit wasn't me. :dont:

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
I might not know as many INTJs that you do, but from the few I know, they would never do something like that. It would be a complete waste of energy and effort on their part and any INTJ could tell you, that might be what they would fear the most. Exceptions do exist, but I'm very skepticle as to this being the norm for INTJs.

Maybe it's just that INTPs are irresistible to INTJs.

We are pretty amazing, after all--I can easily see any IJ type wanting to pursue us to the ends of the earth.

That's happened to me a few times, btw.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
How can you be INTJ when you come across as so extraverted and exuberant?
Respective adjectives "perfervid" and "ebullient" are a little more appropriate.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1

We are pretty amazing, after all--I can easily see any IJ type wanting to pursue us to the ends of the earth.

That's happened to me a few times, btw.
*Looks over at INTP blissfully tapping away at the keyboard on his computer*

Well that explains how I got here.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Okay, I'll bite. Would two INTJs get along well in a long-term romantic relationship?

rivercrow

shoshaku jushaku
MBTI Type
type
*Looks over at INTP blissfully tapping away at the keyboard on his computer*

Well that explains how I got here.
Yeah... I could have told you that if you'd asked. :D :hug: But it's against the INT creed to freely offer obvious information.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah... I could have told you that if you'd asked. :D :hug: But it's against the INT creed to freely offer obvious information.
Oh. I thought there was only a prohibition against offering useful information. Obviously I've been misinformed.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Okay, I'll bite. Would two INTJs get along well in a long-term romantic relationship?

I am not an INTJ, though technically qualified to answer the question.

I'd say yes to that. INTP-INTP would not work because of the lack of F influence in the relationship. Though the rest of the NTs should do well with their own type, especially the INTJ-INTJ as they are the most sensitive of the thinkers due to the influence of their tertiary Fi, as well as that it is being sharpened by Introverted Intuition.

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Generically, yes. Practically? Caveat emptor.

Still, after one particular romance that detonated on the launch pad, an INTP and I were eventually able to reconcile and resume the friendship. It's as if you lot have a psychological counter-reset.