• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] Ask an INTJ

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Not asking - are you ok? over and over.
Soooo true.. for the most part... I mean... do you actually want to know why im sad? And what do i gain on telling you? do we bond? i can`t say i have experienced that.. yet..
Also i don`t want to bum out/spread sadness to others..
Unless they deserve it.

I do feel like talking to someone about stuff sometimes tho but i don`t have anyone to talk to..
so i don`t.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
How do you guys feel about bureaucracy and red-tape within organizations? Having to e-mail 14 people just to get 1 small thing accomplished, and by the time you get done jumping through all the hoops and getting all the approvals, you've forgotten what it was you were trying to do in the first place. As an INTP, it drives me up a wall. I had this misconception that "J's" (as a general rule) were OK with it because it was "just part of the process", part of the internal structure. Not that anyone would *enjoy* being bogged down by bureaucracy, but I thought INTJ's were sort of OK with that sort of traditional internal structure. But, I'm finding out that they really do hate it. It was surprising to me to have a couple INTJ's tell me, "Let's do this with as little structure as possible. Let's keep it free-flowing. The last thing we want to do is encumber ourselves with more unnecessary rules. There's enough of that around here as it is."

I mean, makes sense to me. I couldn't agree more. Let's throw off the shackles so that we can operate quickly and freely. Is it the N in you that makes you despise this sort of thing?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
How do you guys feel about bureaucracy and red-tape within organizations? Having to e-mail 14 people just to get 1 small thing accomplished, and by the time you get done jumping through all the hoops and getting all the approvals, you've forgotten what it was you were trying to do in the first place. As an INTP, it drives me up a wall. I had this misconception that "J's" (as a general rule) were OK with it because it was "just part of the process", part of the internal structure. Not that anyone would *enjoy* being bogged down by bureaucracy, but I thought INTJ's were sort of OK with that sort of traditional internal structure. But, I'm finding out that they really do hate it. It was surprising to me to have a couple INTJ's tell me, "Let's do this with as little structure as possible. Let's keep it free-flowing. The last thing we want to do is encumber ourselves with more unnecessary rules. There's enough of that around here as it is."

I mean, makes sense to me. I couldn't agree more. Let's throw off the shackles so that we can operate quickly and freely. Is it the N in you that makes you despise this sort of thing?

We're looking for what works best. Rules or how it's always been done isn't a thought, if that's not working. Bureaucracy and red-tape within organizations certainly can fall into that category. Operating quickly and freely would be much more to my liking but it must have structure of some kind. It can't be willy nilly, that has just as much potential for inefficiency and headaches.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Having to email 14 people to get some small thing accomlished is woefully inefficient, and INTJs usuall prize efficiency. We are systems people, but the assumption or intent is that it is a logical, efficient system. As Ceecee says, tradition is unimportant. A good system is one that enables people to get things done, instead of acting as an impediment. We are just more likely to want to fix the whole system, rather than operating without one.

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Seems like more fun to me. (ENTJ)

Thisica

MBTI Type
NiTe
Enneagram
5w4
What do your daydreams 'look' like, and how often [if at all] do you end up in this state?

For me, this usually happens when I'm bored. And being bored is somewhat easy to be in, especially if I'm in a lecture room :)

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What do your daydreams 'look' like, and how often [if at all] do you end up in this state?

For me, this usually happens when I'm bored. And being bored is somewhat easy to be in, especially if I'm in a lecture room :)
For me, it often happens when I have to do something I really don't want to do, and that is not sufficiently engaging mentally. I suppose that is similar to being bored. I will often find myself thinking about some upcoming plans, or remembering a good story I saw/read and trying to fill in the gaps, or extend it in some way, rather like fanfiction. Sometimes I have several mental threads going at once, which can be mentally hectic, and it can be hard to focus on just one of them at a time.

knight

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Dearest INTJ`s

Do you play video games, if so please post your age as well and title of the game you play. tanks

Jwill

MBTI Type
INTJ

I daydream a lot when I'm bored, trying to fall asleep, in the tub, driving in the car (hey, I can multitask), working out, etc. It's what I do when my mind isn't being engaged by real life. I'll make up stories, make lists of my favorite/least favorite things and why, think about my world view/how I would answer unexpected questions, and think about unrealistic what-if scenarios (like what I would do if: the world were taken over by zombies/I could meet my favorite author/I could travel through time).

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've successfully angered an INTJ in much the same way INTJs harass INFPs.

Will, as an INTJ, this person learn from the experience and come to learn the wrongs of his harassing ways, or was all for naught?

Rex

MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dearest INTJ`s

Do you play video games, if so please post your age as well and title of the game you play. tanks

25yr
StarCraft II
Close to two months since previous time tho.

Nicodemus

I've successfully angered an INTJ in much the same way INTJs harass INFPs.

Will, as an INTJ, this person learn from the experience and come to learn the wrongs of his harassing ways, or was all for naught?
He is very likely to learn from the experience - but not what you wanted him to learn.

Alessa Gillesppie

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Why are you so damn weird? And I mean you personally, not "you" as a collective term for all INTJs.

Why are you so damn weird? And I mean you personally, not "you" as a collective term for all INTJs.

Hello. I usualy ask this same question about the whole pool of people who aren't INTJ. Then I have this huge paradox in my head, that is.. ok, there were this time on human history when mankind developed language. The point of language is to allow the communication of ideas between peers to maximize each one adaptation and performance during life, and if it is so, I cannot stop wondering why are you so damned complicated with the language... (and come on, I do Love Poetry!)

To understand an INTJ you just will have to keep in your mind that:

• When we want or need something we will say it, directly to the point.
  • Sometimes we will get shy, because you just get mad at us when we are sincere (because you do prefer the fantasy and lies that lie in your head).
  • Flirting is a kind of human "disease" that we don't get.. it seems unnecessary and bureocratic. When you like someone you should be allowed to say that with words or other simple and evident actions.
  • Sometimes we feel that you are human, and we are uber-human.
  • We have this giant organization scheme of how the world works. Please ask us about something, we will have an answer for everything (we do love to talk and learn).
  • We feel that most of the people are in a certain way predictable.
  • We sometimes look at you as if we were in an ethology class because you have those kind of little rituals and small talk that reminds us non human animals responding to stimuly; "Hello, ho are you? I am fine thanks (come on.. are you ??? realyyyy? always?!)".
  • When you are acting we are thinking.
  • We are very trustful, we hate to lie, and will rarely do it.
  • Be honest with us, we will get in loop if we miss the point of something or do not understand why you did something. If we stink, please tell us that we stink, and we will finally understand why you leave.

Our feelings are different than yours, we don't get hurt in the same way that you are.

well.. maybe not all of 'we', but the "statistic" 'we'.

sorry about my English btw.