• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] What You Talk About With Your INTJ

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was just wondering what you guys usually talk about with your INTJs.

I just realized that I actually don't talk much with my INTJ father. Most of our time spent together is doing something rather than talking. I suppose that's what happens when you get two introverts together especialy when one of them is an SP. Anyway, when we do talk it's usually always about business. We both love talking about business strategy...we're both entrepreneurs. Lol it probably sounds like we're not close if most of what we talk about is business...no actually that's not the case...=)...we communicate a lot with out words.

Ok your turn. What do you usually talk about with your INTJ?

Ishida

MBTI Type
INTJ
Well, when I had an INTJ to talk to, we talked about video games. I was a teenager.
We often would argue, never giving in, but it was never over anything big, and it wasn't stuff that would make us not talk.

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
We aren't usually talking, we are usually arguing about something.

I will say one thing, and then he will say something to correct what i said(even if he's not right). Then i will take it as a personal attack, and be defensive, and the conversation usually ends in him saying "ok calm down"

when our topics don't lead to some sort of an argument we talk about our son, video games, work, the future, we talk about anything.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
INTJs don't talk, they act. I can't really say 'do,' as in how SPs 'do' things, but more of 'act' in the sense of action, not acting.

Simply 'chewing the fat' with somebody doesn't really do anything for us. There might be things that we could go on and on for hours on end, like our specialties, but we usually figure that nobody wants to hear about that so we don't get started until we're asked about our areas of expertise. Other than that, we just don't talk much. If there isn't a reason to speak, we don't.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
heh I PLAY video games with my dad.

Guitar hero <3

Hmmm I also talk about fishing and nature once in a while with my dad. He loves both of those.

heart

heart on fire
With my Dad, he always wanted to talk about mysticism, estorica, eastern religions, gnosticism, supernatural stuff, science, star trek, Texas history, Native American lore and religions, the Lost Dutchman mines and other mysteries, movies he liked, anthropology, psychology, his work, his childhood memories, memories about me as child or his other children, dating my mother, the various cats and dogs he loved all through the years, westerns, things that irritated him about people he knew. He liked to talk about his dreams and gosh he had some vivid and unusual dreams.

He also liked to have someone listen to him talk technical talk, like about his inventions or repairs at work and just be there to hear it, didn't have to understand it, which I usually didn't!

The key is letting them dictate the subjects and pace and they may really open up in a way that would suprise you. Sort of like cats. They cannot be forced to open up, but may take great joy in being allowed to do so at their own chosing.

Now I am missing my Daddy. :cry:

scantilyclad

almost nekkid
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
He also liked to have someone listen to him talk technical talk, like about his inventions or repairs at work and just be there to hear it, didn't have to understand it, which I usually didn't!

My boyfriend likes to do this too. I usually have no clue what he is rambling on about, but it makes him feel good to tell someone about it. :)
and its cute seeing an intj excited.

heart

heart on fire
My boyfriend likes to do this too. I usually have no clue what he is rambling on about, but it makes him feel good to tell someone about it. :)

Yes, impossible not to admire them for their passion and intelligence...all that is needed is "uh-uh, yeah...wow, I bet that was exciting, you're so smart" :D

My INFJ husband will do this too. He did it during our first ever phone conversation, telling about repairs he did in the Air Force and I am like "he is just like Dad." :blush:

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
The key is letting them dictate the subjects and pace and they may really open up in a way that would suprise you. Sort of like cats. They cannot be forced to open up, but may take great joy in being allowed to do so at their own chosing.

Yes.

INTJs are cats personified. They strut around like they own the place, they get lazy and fat if they're not stimulated, they change from ignoring you to extremely affectionate on a dime, they bat around feathers if you wave them in their faces --

Okay maybe that's just me. But this is right. INTJs don't open up easily. They're more aloof and give off that aura of arrogance, just like a cat. Meow.

Algora J

One thing about INTJs is that they have a tendency towards paranoia. They always suspect the worse or else they're limited in their capacity to see the "big picture".

Also they can be very nitpicky about non-important things and they have to do everything themselves, because they do not trust other people to do it.

To talk about?

I'll say INTJs are great conversationalists, but like I said, they ALWAYS have to be right. For thinkers who like to explore possibilities, INTJs are the opposite, they like to dispose of an idea before even considering it.

I've had many clashes with INTJs. My motto is "don't knock it until you've tried it", no so with INTJs. They like what's been proven and established.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

That's really cute. =)

VanillaCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
INTJS ARE CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE.

They really really are, in some odd way that I don't know how to describe..

WITHOUT USING THE WORD CUTE!

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol @ the two posts above this one.

Aerithria

Senior Thread Terminator
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
One thing about INTJs is that they have a tendency towards paranoia. They always suspect the worse or else they're limited in their capacity to see the "big picture".

Also they can be very nitpicky about non-important things and they have to do everything themselves, because they do not trust other people to do it.

To talk about?

I'll say INTJs are great conversationalists, but like I said, they ALWAYS have to be right. For thinkers who like to explore possibilities, INTJs are the opposite, they like to dispose of an idea before even considering it.

I've had many clashes with INTJs. My motto is "don't knock it until you've tried it", no so with INTJs. They like what's been proven and established.
Heh, that's a downside to the "cause and effect" line of thinking. We can usually see the good outcomes too, but we strive for the good and attempt to avoid the bad, so it ends up being that we concentrate more on the bad than the good. Though it's not about suspecting the worst, more that I acknowledge that the worst is possible, come to think.

Yep to the second as well. At least for me. It's not exactly the smartest thing to do, as that's how I usually end up having too much to do, but yeah. I mean, unless it's someone I trust with that sort of thing, or it's something that I deem unimportant.

I think it may look like we'll dispose of ideas without considering them, but that's mostly because it doesn't take long to consider some things. Again, it boils down to cause and effect. In my head, an idea will go down a list of possible outcomes, and if I can see no good outcome to an idea, I become opposed to it. It could take an instant. It could take an hour. But I do consider it. If, say, I were fighting with someone for a day or so on whether an idea was good, and if they suddenly came up with an idea that actually is good, I'll admit to it. It's not necessarily about being right, but finding something that works. If you're fighting with INTJs on these ideas, then it's probably because you haven't yet found something that works for them and probably less about being right. Though we do like being right if we actually are right.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ

To talk about?

Are you sure you've been talking to INTJs?

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
If you can find the right topic, you can get an INTJ to ramble like a toddler. Even among ourselves we are very diverse, so a particular topic would be hard for me to say. I'd say that INTJ men usually prefer something technical to talk about. I can't really speak for the INTJ women, as I've never met one personally.

I would talk a lot more if I wasn't always thinking that A; no one really wants to hear me talk about the ring and pinion gears of a 1967 Chevy pickup, or B; I don't think that someone is intelligent enough to appreciate what I have to say. I know that sounds harsh, but it's the inconvenient truth about INTJs. If we don't think you're intelligent, we probably wont have much to say to you.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Heh, that's a downside to the "cause and effect" line of thinking. We can usually see the good outcomes too, but we strive for the good and attempt to avoid the bad, so it ends up being that we concentrate more on the bad than the good. Though it's not about suspecting the worst, more that I acknowledge that the worst is possible, come to think.

Yep to the second as well. At least for me. It's not exactly the smartest thing to do, as that's how I usually end up having too much to do, but yeah. I mean, unless it's someone I trust with that sort of thing, or it's something that I deem unimportant.

I think it may look like we'll dispose of ideas without considering them, but that's mostly because it doesn't take long to consider some things. Again, it boils down to cause and effect. In my head, an idea will go down a list of possible outcomes, and if I can see no good outcome to an idea, I become opposed to it. It could take an instant. It could take an hour. But I do consider it. If, say, I were fighting with someone for a day or so on whether an idea was good, and if they suddenly came up with an idea that actually is good, I'll admit to it. It's not necessarily about being right, but finding something that works. If you're fighting with INTJs on these ideas, then it's probably because you haven't yet found something that works for them and probably less about being right. Though we do like being right if we actually are right.

I agree with all the points Aerithria made here, especially the last paragraph. And I think we are cats personified also, like Hap said, to a large degree.

norepinephrine

MBTI Type
INTP
Yes.

INTJs are cats personified. They strut around like they own the place, they get lazy and fat if they're not stimulated, they change from ignoring you to extremely affectionate on a dime, they bat around feathers if you wave them in their faces --

Okay maybe that's just me. But this is right. INTJs don't open up easily. They're more aloof and give off that aura of arrogance, just like a cat. Meow.

Fine then. INTPs are the cats that hide under the couch when company comes, emerging only if the atmosphere is convivial and the volume relatively low.

Almost all of my male friends have "accused" me, at one point or another, of being a cat. Unfortunately, they tended to focus on the solitary, self-reliant, and hedonistic tendencies rather than the sharp-toothed, sharp-clawed, obligate carnivore aspects.

Ah well, live and learn.

I live with the perfect cat, btw. Solid black, polydactyl. He was a feral kitten - first time I put my hand out without a glove he bit me so deeply I bled for 10 minutes. But if you are his friend, he just exudes calm. Doesn't climb on your lap, but lies close up next to you with his head draped over your thigh, whilst purring.

He tends to make me the witch (wiccan) for which I've so often also been mistaken.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yes.

As an INTJ who absolutely adores cats and kittens, I appreciate this post :D

Fine then. INTPs are the cats that hide under the couch when company comes, emerging only if the atmosphere is convivial and the volume relatively low.

Almost all of my male friends have "accused" me, at one point or another, of being a cat. Unfortunately, they tended to focus on the solitary, self-reliant, and hedonistic tendencies rather than the sharp-toothed, sharp-clawed, obligate carnivore aspects.

Ah well, live and learn.

I live with the perfect cat, btw. Solid black, polydactyl. He was a feral kitten - first time I put my hand out without a glove he bit me so deeply I bled for 10 minutes. But if you are his friend, he just exudes calm. Doesn't climb on your lap, but lies close up next to you with his head draped over your thigh, whilst purring.

He tends to make me the witch (wiccan) for which I've so often also been mistaken.

I met a black polydactyl kitten once. He was very sweet, kept purring when I pet him :) I wished I could take him home!