• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] What You Talk About With Your INTJ

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
INTJs don't always have to be right, but due to the nature of their thinking they often are (although this does depend on the standard by which you judge right from wrong). When we are convinced that an idea is right, it has processed through a lot of filters and the odds that it's a good idea are fairly high. That said, I have admitted to my being wrong on occasion and it's actually a refreshing thing. Most often, however, I just accomodate the other person's point of view next to mine as an alternative that has some pros and cons of its own and was generated from a certain perspective.

I think the thing to do when you want to talk to an INTJ is either be abstract, theoretical etc. or totally absurdly silly. We can talk about the totally fascinating life of an ant living in his grass leaf house and make up an ant language and an ant song, we can hop around singing it and continue talking about the ant for days, or we can discuss the effect of the postpostmodern condition for hours...what's the difference anyway? :p Talking about external things on which you can have an opinion is always good, films, books, politics, cats, ants...talking about ourselves is difficult.

Just don't expect great conversation when you throw around that "I've been to the hairdresser, do you see the difference?" "Yes/No." Or mention that "the neighbours have bought a new car" "I see."

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
entp: "Good Morning Mr. Allknowing, how was your day so far ?"
infj: "...."
entp: "Well if you won't talk, It seems that I have to fit this gap xD. So what is it that moves you today, the most ?"
infj: "I read on the newspaper today that too much talking causes aching muscles around the mouth."
entp: "Well, that is one hell of a problem, see you around."
------
Alternative version:

entp: "hello, I am the new assistant engineer on this team."
infj: "Ahh, hello, good to have you on board. So I will show you what you have to do. You know about E16 Steel, what are its properties again ?"
entp: "Ehhhrr well, it is flexible and you can cut it easily ?"
infj: "well, well, that are two of its properties, but not all of them."

-----------

Alternative version:

entp: "I have the report you wanted."
infj: "Thank you"

--------------

well I am running out of ideas here...

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I have a female INTJ friend (romantic interest?), and we talk almost daily about just about everything. Aside from a bit of humor intended convo, the vast vast majority of what we talk about are deep analyzations of the deepest and most mundane topics alike :p . It's always a great intellectual conversation between us. We generally share the same beliefs, drives, and interests, but sometimes when we discuss issues we will have differing opinions, which is good. Always agreeing is a great connection, but its nice to have a little challenge to your beliefs sometimes from someone who is equally intelligent and informed. Whenever we disagree though, we always find a common thread to agree upon. The conversations we have are a type I certainly can't get from anyone else I've ever met. It's awesome. Female INTJ's with similar beliefs and such rock my socks off :) .

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJs don't always have to be right, but due to the nature of their thinking they often are (although this does depend on the standard by which you judge right from wrong). When we are convinced that an idea is right, it has processed through a lot of filters and the odds that it's a good idea are fairly high. That said, I have admitted to my being wrong on occasion and it's actually a refreshing thing. Most often, however, I just accomodate the other person's point of view next to mine as an alternative that has some pros and cons of its own and was generated from a certain perspective.

I think the thing to do when you want to talk to an INTJ is either be abstract, theoretical etc. or totally absurdly silly. We can talk about the totally fascinating life of an ant living in his grass leaf house and make up an ant language and an ant song, we can hop around singing it and continue talking about the ant for days, or we can discuss the effect of the postpostmodern condition for hours...what's the difference anyway? :p Talking about external things on which you can have an opinion is always good, films, books, politics, cats, ants...talking about ourselves is difficult.

Just don't expect great conversation when you throw around that "I've been to the hairdresser, do you see the difference?" "Yes/No." Or mention that "the neighbours have bought a new car" "I see."

You sir, are correct :)

Hello, I'm an INTJ, and I approve this message. :party2:

Clentizene

MBTI Type
enfp
Intjs are the easiest people to talk to. Just dont be an idiot. I recommend breaking down people as close to an equation as possible. Or study diseases and talk about them and how awful they were to the people that unfortunately contracted them. They might not tell you but i swear they will go to the DR in the next week or so convinced they are dying.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Intjs are the easiest people to talk to. Just dont be an idiot. I recommend breaking down people as close to an equation as possible. Or study diseases and talk about them and how awful they were to the people that unfortunately contracted them. They might not tell you but i swear they will go to the DR in the next week or so convinced they are dying.

Don't take advantage of pessimism for entertainment :steam:

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ideas
period

we take taboos and abuse them with what ifs

helen

MBTI Type
INFJ
If we don't think you're intelligent, we probably wont have much to say to you.

I've noticed a few INTJs say similar things on this board and I've wondered about it. I have a couple INTJ friends, and they seem to enjoy talking to me and value my friendship in spite of the fact that there are many geeky topics they are extremely knowledgeable about that I have the barest understanding of and interest in. Also I think they are both smarter than me in general.

So I was wondering if INTJs don't possibly rate a person's intelligence according merely to how willing the person is to listen attentively to the ramblings of said INTJs. :smile:

But yeah, to answer the question that was asked, most of my conversations with INTJs center around our hobbies, or ideas and observations of a more abstract nature, interspersed with factual narratives and some general chit chat. Really I don't know that I relate to them any differently than I would to anybody else. . . I just sorta talk and when they seem moody or disinclined for conversation, I shut up and give them some space.

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
I've noticed a few INTJs say similar things on this board and I've wondered about it. I have a couple INTJ friends, and they seem to enjoy talking to me and value my friendship in spite of the fact that there are many geeky topics they are extremely knowledgeable about that I have the barest understanding of and interest in. Also I think they are both smarter than me in general.

So I was wondering if INTJs don't possibly rate a person's intelligence according merely to how willing the person is to listen attentively to the ramblings of said INTJs. :smile:

Yes, I have a few friends who aren't as knowledgeable about me on some things like computers, etc. But if my intuition tells me they are intelligent, if I sense they are intelligent in other areas, then that doesn't bother me and I accept them. Now you might say, "Well everyone is smart in some area". Which I guess is mostly true. The area in which you are knowledgeable in is probably somewhat similar to theirs, which is fine. So either it has to be the same as their subject, or similar to their subject. Or just shared hobbies. If it's not something like that, then they might consider you more of a student to be taught.

And I don't think we rate intelligence on listening. I think INTJs enjoy any good, knowledge, debate more than anything else. :)

But yeah, to answer the question that was asked, most of my conversations with INTJs center around our hobbies, or ideas and observations of a more abstract nature, interspersed with factual narratives and some general chit chat. Really I don't know that I relate to them any differently than I would to anybody else. . . I just sorta talk and when they seem moody or disinclined for conversation, I shut up and give them some space.

Moody and disinclined for conversation? An INTJ? Never! :alttongue:

MBTI Type
INxJ
I've noticed a few INTJs say similar things on this board and I've wondered about it.

Spot on. I won't open up about much of anything until I've properly assessed someone's intelligence. If I feel they are an individual that I'd like to analyze ideas with, then I open up. Otherwise, I'd prefer to just follow conversation based on the level of the other person. Or make an excuse not to speak with them altogether. Depends on my mood.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
You sir, are correct.

Thanks, but I'm really a lady. :p

Also, (factual) knowledge does not equal intelligence or potential.

Sunshine

MBTI Type
ABCD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Heh uhm not my INTJ dad...he forgets to use his filters sometimes. And I don't think that's exclusive to INTJs. People of all types do that. It's common sense to process things through many filters to get the best conclusion.

But you do have a point in that the INTJ mind is indeed a beautiful thing. =)
My dad is absolutely brilliant when it comes to strategy.

thejames

MBTI Type
INFP
One of my best friends back in high school was an INTJ.

He seemed to enjoy my unique brand of quixotic humor, and he actually expanded on it with definitiveness. I think INTJs value those who are openly true to themselves as individuals, and less so those who lean toward the comfort of a group.

Above all, what got my INTJ friend opening up to me the most was the fact that I naturally understood him and appreciated him for his confident individuality. I kept a positive sense of humor about it. He also valued my open honesty, but hated it when I talked about my insecurities as an INFP. We taught eachother a lot.

INTJs are who I look up to the most, because they have the greatest sense of knowing themselves and what they stand for, and won't easily allow the world to tell them otherwise.

Cality

MBTI Type
ENFP
The only INJ I know is american. I am french.
We use to talk a lot on french/american history, sociology and cultural differences... Culture analysis and sometimes political differences (diplomatie)...

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes.

INTJs are cats personified. They strut around like they own the place, they get lazy and fat if they're not stimulated, they change from ignoring you to extremely affectionate on a dime, they bat around feathers if you wave them in their faces --

Okay maybe that's just me. But this is right. INTJs don't open up easily. They're more aloof and give off that aura of arrogance, just like a cat. Meow.

Truth. It's very cute too.

Arachne

MBTI Type
INTP
My husband is an INTJ. To start a conversation I usually only have to ask "what are you thinking about?" He's ALWAYS thinking about something. Favorite topics include: how best to prepare for the coming zombie plague, how best to build a self-sustaining moon base, how he would change the current D&D edition to make it more fair/functional, how he would run the country if he was made dictator, how he would improve *insert anything here*. He also spends a lot of time lamenting the current state of politics and culture.

My INTJ sister discuss almost any topic but really likes to spend time constructing complex mythologies about the origins of the peoples of her imaginary world and psychoanalyzing people she knows.

They both have close bonds with their cats.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Real estate, economics and computers, he always thinks about what business venture to get into next and and talks about how the world will get into recession in a few years.

Turkish_Cats

MBTI Type
INTJ
INTJs are great conversationalists,that's right.
We often talk about scince and philosophy.

Enyo

MBTI Type
xNTJ
Spot on. I won't open up about much of anything until I've properly assessed someone's intelligence. If I feel they are an individual that I'd like to analyze ideas with, then I open up. Otherwise, I'd prefer to just follow conversation based on the level of the other person. Or make an excuse not to speak with them altogether. Depends on my mood.

What you said. I could go days without talking if life would allow it, but if I have to talk to someone, it had better be someone smart. :)

My most successful romantic relationships have been with intelligent men who could actually tell me "no" without fear of repercussion. My ex and I used to talk history, philosophy, and politics for hours. Not sure where he rates on the MTBI.

My husband, an INFJ/ISFJ, is actually smarter than me. He's the only guy I've ever had a relationship with where I wasn't the smart one. We have completely different interests, but he can keep up with me.

We're actually happy to sit in the living room on our respective laptops doing research on different things and not talk for hours. But when we do talk, it's good.:wubbie: