• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Jungian Cognitive Functions] Shameless people

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I will put this here so lurkers will not find out about graveyard section.

And I am doing this now while everybody stil have clear memory.

Actually I want to talk about what just happened at graveyard after all I came to this forum searching the answers about social norms.

From experiance I know that many people would be in relatively bad shape after this.
But all of this has no real impact on me.
When this happens in real life I simply don't give a damn what other person thinks about me.
This time it happend that I started to laught like a fool but in real life I would continue my thing even if the entire room is laughing at me and would not have a problem staying in that room .

This could be hard to belive but words of other people have no emotional impact on me and there is good chance that it would not have any impact at all.
In case that other preson is determined to insult me I will start to laugh and start to insult myself just to confuse other person or make them uncomfortable which will make them stop.

But there are other things that make me shameless.
For example in 4. grade we were on the field trip.
We were stationed in on huge room whit many beds and one large bathroom
But all of us have to take the shower in that bathroom.But other guys were always creating problems for the one who is showering and the same was for me.They were trying to convince me that they will open the shower cabin so they could see me naked.They were convinced that they are creating very strong anxiety to strong introvert in cabin (me).But I did not reaspond so they stoped.
So I have decided that it is time to show them whit who they are dealing whit.
I have exit the cabin completly naked and walked in that big room where was the rest of the class(girls also) and said "In case you wanted to see something here is your chance" and they could see absolutly all of it(both sides).

But this is not isolated incident of my social behavior and there are cases where situation was much worse then case mentioned above. But almost all incidents are done because I don't folow the rules or I am not aware of them at all.

But this behavior scares other people a lot. Many people think that I am
some sort of a madman. What is totally understandable.
Whit time I have exepted this as my social position.
After all see my nick name on this forum.

But situation would be much more simple that I am just some junkie but whit some luck I will be Ph. D. one day.

What I would really like to know is how other side actually think/feel about things like this.
Because It look like I will need to change some things in my life.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
It sounds to me that you care an awful lot about what people think of you, and that a lot of what you do is for effect.

Otherwise, you wouldn't have posted this.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I have started this thread because it is right moment to do it.

But, yes I see your point that entire thread is (I belive the word is) oxymoron.

For example I have been accused for planning a massacre just because I was hanging in the dark place and that was few day ago.
I am sorry but things are on longer trivial. People are truly afraid of me.
And I have joined this forum do discuss things like this.
It is in the intrest of me and other people that I know social rules.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I think noone is utterly shameless, it is about your Point of View of things and how you cope with dignity.

If you are for example caught nude in public, you automatically get a natural instinct to be ashemed, if it manifests then or how you cope with it in your dignity is your own thing. I myself would be ashamed as hell, but I could get along with it somehow.

When shame gets intresting for me, it is besides a feeling reaction. For example I think it is ashaming when you distribute videos of yourself with your wife in act on the internet. That would be an ethical shame thing, probably coming from a Sensing Function but that would be ashaming to me.

So my input at this point: I think shame can come from a feeling side, aswell as from a Sensing Side Point of View. Concerning the latter I guess an iNTj could be the one who has no problems with shame, due to having Fi and Se Shadows. But I think he is aware of the facts.

By the way your reaction in coming out naked from the shower, I would have done exactly the same way, means I perfectly understand :)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think that all of this is because of my god complex and growing up alone.
I am 23 but I already have years and years of life as a hermit behind me.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You cant change the past, but you can dwell onto it until your dying day.

From what I see so far, you them to be someone who minds things and who and that is most important, can mind things. Besides that you sound like you have an exquisite sense of humor :). That are two qualities I value in a person and I think you will find many people on our world, who do think so too.

I myself wasted alot of time in my life, but I live in the here and now and for the future I try to become more and more the person I want me to be. If you are Ph.D. someday, we maybe are going to meet some day :). I am working on my Msc. right now.

Dont let you down, keep your hopes and your head up, learn and read from people and think about their inputs before you make a decision, for any other method of behaviour would be completly irrational if you want to achieve a goal that can lift yourself from a lonely past.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
personally if I was really afraid of you I would not talk to you. and I don't think, I doubt people are actually afraid of you on here. I was just messing around, I'm sorry if you think I hate or am afraid of you. I don't know you. relax ;)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
personally if I was really afraid of you I would not talk to you. and I don't think, I doubt people are actually afraid of you on here. I was just messing around, I'm sorry if you think I hate or am afraid of you. I don't know you. relax ;)

I mean in real life.
Why would someone be afraid of people on internet forum?

Enropie I think that you missed E whan it come to important parts for beign shame.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
So my input at this point: I think shame can come from a feeling side, aswell as from a Sensing Side Point of View. Concerning the latter I guess an iNTj could be the one who has no problems with shame, due to having Fi and Se Shadows. But I think he is aware of the facts.

Hmm. I went ahead to dictionary.com and looked up 'shame.'

"the painful feeling arising from the consciousness of something dishonorable, improper, ridiculous, etc., done by oneself or another"

The problem is that an INTJ might have a very strong reaction to the shame of doing something dishonorable (Fi) but absolutely none to doing something ridiculous or improper (Si and Fe, it seems, respectively). Shame would be an intensely personal thing, maybe prompted by something like cheating or dishonesty, while picking one's nose or running around naked in public wouldn't phase them at all.

I mean, I bite my nails in public, fall asleep in public, take off my shoes and socks if my feet get too hot, put my feet up on the desk, and have all manner of 'disgusting habits' (as my mother puts them) and not feel any shame about them at all. Teenagers in general are supposed to be embarrased by their parents, but I'm not, because hell, they have their own responsibility for their actions, I shouldn't have to worry about them.

I've been accused of having some 'weird' mannerisms, especially in speech, but I haven't gotten much crap for them. You seem to have, though.

Where do you live, AS? You might want to talk to someone around you to get you acquainted with the local customs.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I think that rules which I dont follow are universal.

AS is what?

Australia

Actally I am from the ex Eastern block.

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
By 'AS,' I meant you, silly.

And then I realized that the initials of 'anitsocial one' would be AO.

I can be kinda... well... never mind.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
You just have a different way of going about things because you've developed differently.

I'm not sure what you're looking for from the thread, but I'd flaunt your individuality as a unique selling point. If you do manage to get to know people, you'll be the one they tell stories about and look-up to as being brave.

Are you worried that one day you'll do something a bit nuts and get yourself into trouble?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
You just have a different way of going about things because you've developed differently.

I'm not sure what you're looking for from the thread, but I'd flaunt your individuality as a unique selling point. If you do manage to get to know people, you'll be the one they tell stories about and look-up to as being brave.

Are you worried that one day you'll do something a bit nuts and get yourself into trouble?

No

But until my last post people again accused me that I plan massacre.

I just want to know how other side see this. Thats all.
And I am already described by others as unique 100% of the time.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Hmm. I went ahead to dictionary.com and looked up 'shame.'

"the painful feeling arising from the consciousness of something dishonorable, improper, ridiculous, etc., done by oneself or another"

The problem is that an INTJ might have a very strong reaction to the shame of doing something dishonorable (Fi) but absolutely none to doing something ridiculous or improper (Si and Fe, it seems, respectively). Shame would be an intensely personal thing, maybe prompted by something like cheating or dishonesty, while picking one's nose or running around naked in public wouldn't phase them at all.

I mean, I bite my nails in public, fall asleep in public, take off my shoes and socks if my feet get too hot, put my feet up on the desk, and have all manner of 'disgusting habits' (as my mother puts them) and not feel any shame about them at all. Teenagers in general are supposed to be embarrased by their parents, but I'm not, because hell, they have their own responsibility for their actions, I shouldn't have to worry about them.

I've been accused of having some 'weird' mannerisms, especially in speech, but I haven't gotten much crap for them. You seem to have, though.

Where do you live, AS? You might want to talk to someone around you to get you acquainted with the local customs.

Dont you think the topic was not the problem we two have, do you ?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Nothing in particular my master.

Shame on your servant.