• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ's, conquering the world, why?

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
D'awww.

I don't know that it's possible to have a meaningful opinion about another type's place and progress in the world without also imagining--or discovering--that your opinion is supposed in some sense to be substantial in the world. So, are you sure you want to take over even that much of anyone else's opportunity?

Answer: yes.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We really don't want to be in charge of things (we're introverts, after all)

Actually I like to be in charge of things.

usually it's less "conquering the world" and more "conquering a tiny little corner of their own tiny little world".

neither of those involved some megalomaniac dream of changing the world, instead he found his own little niches in his own little world in which he can implement his vision, feel incredibly content about it and move on. yet as small as it might be, by the time he was in his mid 40s, he felt like he has conquered the world, in his own little ways.

That is exactly right.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Every time I see this question pop up in the new posts, "INTJ's, conquering the world, why?"

I ask myself, "Why not?" :)

Every INTJ I know looks at their world with an eye to improvement. If any type is especially wired to have a vision and execute it, it's an INTJ.

Right? Absolutely. Why shouldn't they do what they're designed to do?

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
usually it's less "conquering the world" and more "conquering a tiny little corner of their own tiny little world".

My INTJ said she wanted to be the big fish in her little pond. I know people who have made similar statements but she's one of the few I know that will absolutely make it happen.

S

Society

My INTJ said she wanted to be the big fish in her little pond. I know people who have made similar statements but she's one of the few I know that will absolutely make it happen.

that sentence describes every INTJ i've known so perfectly that it should probably be in their type description.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
secrecy and manipulation BS. Nothing to be suprised about.

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
A question of great importance is what you intend to do with that ultimate control. For example, if you were to shine a new dawn of universal enlightenment upon the world, it could lead to world peace, and a greater light to guide our ways towards the top of the mountain. In use of such altruism, world domination could indeed be a noble goal.

Nice idea, but is it possible to trake over the world without doing more than few evil things along the way? And if you are prepared to do them, can you ever be tusted with total power? Is one persons idea of the greater good (See Hot Fuzz) going to fit with everyone elses?

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nice idea, but is it possible to trake over the world without doing more than few evil things along the way?
Probably not.

And if you are prepared to do them, can you ever be tusted with total power?
Trusted to wield it effectively? Probably.

Is one persons idea of the greater good (See Hot Fuzz) going to fit with everyone elses?
Of course not, which is why we should go with our own. It's better.

(N.B. This is how the game is played.)

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's very easy really.

Ni = Loquaciously Lofty

Te = Efficiently Evil

The only direction for the INTJ is world domination.

Zyelhsak

MBTI Type
Intj
I'm an intj, it's a goal of mine, to change the world for the better, out of love and consideration.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yes. "World domination" is needlessly ominous sounding. Better to think of it as "world optimization".

Derpravity

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't expect to change the world in any particular way, but it's something I naturally want to do. I was born into an extended environment that I find a lot of fault with, and I want to do anything I can to fix those faults rather than accept them. At this stage of my life I'm still theorising how to make the world better, and I don't anticipate finding a clearcut answer particularly soon, but it's still a big influence on the way I live.

So of course conquering the world and forcing it to submit to my changes has some appeal, but I don't think my principles would allow me to take away others' freedoms if that was a consequence. And of course I don't have a certain enough idea of what changes I think should be implemented and how, just yet.

I dunno why INTJs are usually depicted as evil conquerors and whatnot, but maybe it's just hard to get their motivations across unambiguously without an especially cold-hearted agenda.

Lark

There are examples I can think of from literature who seem to be NTs whose objectives are some what more circumspect, for instance Hannibal Lector and Tom Ripley, they both have no aim to conquer or change the world, they just want to have the good life, of the two Lector is probably closer to wanting to conquer/change things because he targets and kills people who offend his taste and principled attitude to rudeness//manners, Ripley's a little different but in both instances their sphere of concern or interest is pretty small, close to their actual sphere of influence or action.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I think their chess approach to world domination only works in their minds. Sooner or later their plans are going to get screwed by randomness and they'll be running their ass off and driven off to suicide. Oh right, unless you are some sort of supercomputer, you can calculate every possibilty and formulate a perfect plan and eliminate everything that stands in your way Good luck to that dude. If everyone else in the word is an SJ and obey your every order or too stupid to foil your plans, than perhaps it will work. (And you are the only INTJ that exist in this planet)
Too bad the world doesn't operate this way. A stupid ESTP is already enough to screw up your plans with his randomness (please watch die hard 5 if you don't understand what I am saying).
Human behavior is unpredictable, not like a chess game.

Unless you get your hands on a death note or have code geass, I think all absurd plans will end up getting nowhere.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I dunno why INTJs are usually depicted as evil conquerors and whatnot, but maybe it's just hard to get their motivations across unambiguously without an especially cold-hearted agenda.

Agreed-
Since it's all about that end state- somewhere along the way someone will feel steamrolled even if it's not the intent of the INTJ.
Not saying that steamrolling doesn't happen on purpose....I think most INTJs don't desire to hurt other people, but they recognize that it's necessary sometimes, with the hope that people will thank them later.