• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NTs, what do you live for?

Nicki

Retired
It's a vague question, though I'm curious, what drives you in life? What makes you want to get out of bed and do something? And how do you think your functions come into play?

Folderol

MBTI Type
INTP
This is something mankind has been trying to figure out since inception (and that somewhat sums up my current predicament as well).

cyber jeff

MBTI Type
ENTP
It's a vague question, though I'm curious, what drives you in life? What makes you want to get out of bed and do something? And how do you think your functions come into play?

Specifically, cats. Cats get me out of bed. Hungry cats that crave attention and food.

Since it is Monday, I'm thinking about what needs to get done this week. And what I want to do. I've got a few projects I want to make progress on, and I'm considering the MLK parade since it coincides with the inauguration.

Since I'm a multi-tasker, which is typical of my type, I already have an overfull day.

So, you get out of bed and get going so you can do stuff. And check out the interesting goings on. I suspect that is more typical of some NT types than others.

On today's agenda, in rough order. Altering a slideshow (done). Fixing a friends truck. Sending a small invoice. Propping up the solar hot water heater test bed. Wiring a velocity sensor. Getting and duplicating some keys. Visiting a friend and doing some work on his rotted deck.Then maybe, working on a 360 rocking chair or a robot mobile.

And I'll fit in odds and ends. And do some research and reading.

ENTPs like to create, that is what makes me go. What the master minds, field marshals and engineers get up for, I do not know.

Nicki

Retired
Specifically, cats. Cats get me out of bed. Hungry cats that crave attention and food.

Since it is Monday, I'm thinking about what needs to get done this week. And what I want to do. I've got a few projects I want to make progress on, and I'm considering the MLK parade since it coincides with the inauguration.

Since I'm a multi-tasker, which is typical of my type, I already have an overfull day.

So, you get out of bed and get going so you can do stuff. And check out the interesting goings on. I suspect that is more typical of some NT types than others.

On today's agenda, in rough order. Altering a slideshow (done). Fixing a friends truck. Sending a small invoice. Propping up the solar hot water heater test bed. Wiring a velocity sensor. Getting and duplicating some keys. Visiting a friend and doing some work on his rotted deck.Then maybe, working on a 360 rocking chair or a robot mobile.

And I'll fit in odds and ends. And do some research and reading.

ENTPs like to create, that is what makes me go. What the master minds, field marshals and engineers get up for, I do not know.

Cats are beautiful, amazing animals. No one can resist a hungry cat.

That's really interesting. What kind of slideshow? That sounds like fun. Personally, I live for achievement and challenges.

Scissorhands

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Probably books, to be perfectly honest. Whenever I work on something, I finish it specifically so I can read. I suppose that books are just my driving force. Other than that, I suppose I could say I live for competition. I'm not sure exactly which function I'd attribute this to.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Well, I don't particularly want to be dead.

Nicki

Retired
Probably books, to be perfectly honest. Whenever I work on something, I finish it specifically so I can read. I suppose that books are just my driving force. Other than that, I suppose I could say I live for competition. I'm not sure exactly which function I'd attribute this to.

What kind of books do you like to read? Probably aux Je.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1

Thinking about it, that kind of makes the original question easier to answer. At least for an answer off the top of my head.

I want to keep learning and enjoying what I will come to experience.

Scissorhands

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What kind of books do you like to read? Probably aux Je.

Mostly nonfiction or crime novels, I suppose. Although, I do read a fair amount of science fiction as well.

Nicki

Retired
Thinking about it, that kind of makes the original question easier to answer. At least for an answer off the top of my head.

I want to keep learning and enjoying what I will come to experience.

I see, what do you want to experience in life?

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Wohooooo!
Im excited, sharp, ready to take up any challenge. Solutions spring to mind naturally, the system is clear in ever expanding patterns.

That s what i live for. Basically.
That feeling and state.

Scissorhands

MBTI Type
INTx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What are your favorite books? Interesting, I love nonfiction personally.

I'm reading The Anatomy of Motive of all things, at the moment, and I really like it. Still, my favorite book of all time would have to be Red Dragon by Thomas Harris.

Nicki

Retired
I'm reading The Anatomy of Motive of all things, at the moment, and I really like it. Still, my favorite book of all time would have to be Red Dragon by Thomas Harris.

Niice, and that's awesome, I have to read that book someday.

Nicki

Retired
Wohooooo!
Im excited, sharp, ready to take up any challenge. Solutions spring to mind naturally, the system is clear in ever expanding patterns.

That s what i live for. Basically.
That feeling and state.

That sounds like fun, what specifically do you do?