• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Most artistic NT?

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Well, what is art?

I'd break it down into 2 big components. First, the feeling. Art is created through a personal feeling that resembles what psychologists call flow. You're in the moment, engaged, and you feel calm but sharp. The second component is being able to translate that feeling into some kind of medium (words, images, sounds) which takes subskills like (1) vision--being able to imagine something beautiful (2) technical skills--being able to create what you envision.

Analysis
1. Who feels the feeling more? I think it's a toss-up and probably something that's type-independent. You're free to argue.
2. Who's better at visioning? I would say that's the job of Ne, so the ENTPs are strongest.
3. Who's better, technically? Probably the Js, no xNTJs have the advantage.

Now it comes down to how to weigh the different factors. Do we judge artists based on their work? Their popularity (which is market-sensitive)? or something else?

NTzilla

MBTI Type
eNTP
Because you say so?

I could equally say "But in practice, Ni users dominate Ne users. Ti is just too rigid to produce great artwork".

Observation. Mostly INTJ forum vs. INTP forum.

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I haven't seen any ENTJ artist out there yet. Art is FP (INFJ as well). But there is a bunch of ENTPs in that business.

It depends on your secondary personality type

Interesting. Mine would be INFP if I got you right.
I call myself very artistic. I'm good at drawing, making music, writing, acting and stuff.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
ENTP/INTP>INTJ>ENTJ

I think NTPs tend to be amongst the most artsy of all types and NTJs amongst the least artsy of all types

R

Riva

I am going to be the funkill by pointing out the type who is more dedicated to 'it' should be the best at it. However,

I would assume that P doms should be the best at it, irrespective of whether it is Introverted or Extroverted. (Therefore INTJ/ENTP > ENTJ/INTP.)

ENTPs have an advantage since Ne could be induced. Their creativity is based on Ne and it could be induced. Add to it they are more in touch with the external environment.

At the same time INTJs have an advantage since Ni is directed inside. Therefore they would be spending more time on creativity (if they are focused on it/desires it) than extroverts would, inside their heads. They also are more focused than ENTPs are (Te).

So we have ENTPs (induced talent which is easily accessed) Vs INTJ (much charted inner talent and focus).

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am going to be the funkill by pointing out the type who is more dedicated to 'it' should be the best at it. However,

I would assume that P doms should be the best at it, irrespective of whether it is Introverted or Extroverted. (Therefore INTJ/ENTP > ENTJ/INTP.)

ENTPs have an advantage since Ne could be induced. Their creativity is based on Ne and it could be induced. Add to it they are more in touch with the external environment.

At the same time INTJs have an advantage since Ni is directed inside. Therefore they would be spending more time on creativity (if they are focused on it/desires it) than extroverts would, inside their heads. They also are more focused than ENTPs are (Te).

So we have ENTPs (induced talent which is easily accessed) Vs INTJ (much charted inner talent and focus).

what percentage of INTJs do you think has a strive for making art? how about the percentages or other NTs?

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
also:

http://www.artschool.com/myersbriggs-type-of-assessment-for-art-disciplines-26344.aspx said:
Below are some of the personality types with the strongest predilection toward art careers.

ISFP (Introverted Sensing Feeling Perception) Those who fall into the ISFP category are called “The Artists.” ISFPs generally possess an extremely well-developed appreciation for aesthetic beauty and tend to be original and unconventional. When an ISFP gives free reign to his or her natural abilities, they may find a talented artist within. In addition to visual art careers, possible career paths for the ISFP include musician, composer, and designer.

ESFP (Extroverted Sensing Feeling Perception) Another MBTI personality type with a strong tendency toward an art-related career path is the ESFP. Because the ESFP has a strongly developed aesthetic appreciation for objects, this personality type may be suited to a career as an artist, fashion designer, interior designer, or photographer.

INFJ (Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judgment) This very rare personality type is artistic, creative, easily inspired, and lives in a world of hidden meanings and possibilities. Possible career paths for the INFJ include artist, musician and photographer.

ISFJ (Introverted Sensing Feeling Judgment) The ISFJ personality type possesses an excellent sense of space and function combined with an awareness of aesthetic quality. These traits give ISFJs special abilities in more practical artistic endeavors like interior decorating and fashion design.

ENTP (Extroverted iNtuitive Thinking Judgment) Creative and ingenious, the ENTP personality type does well in professions that provide a lot of personal freedom to use their imagination in problem-solving and generating new ideas. Possible art careers for the ENTP include photographer, marketing personnel, and computer programmer.

INTP (Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Perception) The INTP personality type is an insightful, creative thinker with exceptional logical and rational reasoning skills. Computer animation and photography are both appropriate art careers for this personality type, also categorized as “The Thinkers.”

i dont see any NTJs, but i do see NTPs :/

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
So everyone believes his/her type is the most artistic. *clapping

R

Riva

what percentage of INTJs do you think has a strive for making art? how about the percentages or other NTs?

I don't know. Do you? Also do you know the percentage of INTPs strive for making art?

also:

i dont see any NTJs, but i do see NTPs :/

Has the article's accuracy been tested? (I didn't follow the link and read it.)

If 'no' is the answer, you could consider the above (the inquiry on the accuracy) as a rhetorical question.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't know. Do you? Also do you know the percentage of INTPs strive for making art?

Has the article's accuracy been tested? (I didn't follow the link and read it.)

If 'no' is the answer, you could consider the above (the inquiry on the accuracy) as a rhetorical question.

all INTPs whom i have information about whether they make art or not, do make art and are more or less passionate about it. for INTJs it seems to be very rare and even the ones that i do know make art, are not that much into it, but naturally there are ones that are very into it, just none under my radar.

that article is based on testing art students, so i guess it comes down to the reliability of the MBTI test itself.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I misread the thread title.

Thought it said Most autistic NT.

:sadbanana:

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Assuming there's a correct answer, either INTJ or ENTP.

Porsche

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ - can do original works of art

ENTP - can make ingenious ideas/inventions

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When I was in design school it was heavy on xxFPs. And I can see where artist stereotypes come from after that experience. FP is pretty much the artistic temperament, whether it's the flamboyant ExFP or moody IxFP. After that is probably the Ni-dom who adds to the picture of the artistic personality.

The FP I came across the least was ENFP, but I imagine they might be drawn more to performing art or writing. There were some INFJs, and probably just as many as the INFPs, but the heavy Fi presence made it seem like there weren't as many FJs. More ENFJs than ESFJs too.

After FPs, I saw a fair amount of Ni-dom & Se-dom. Of the NTs, the most common seemed to be INTJ, but we're talking visual art. INTJs seemed visual, but also technical. There was always a lack of story or anything personal/human, I noticed. They liked computer 3D modeling & stuff like that.

ENTPs seem to like to compose things & perform, which is why I find them more likely to be musicians than visual artists. In school, they seemed to like video/film editing. There's a draw to rhythm & pattern & creative sequence, I think. Outside of school, I still know more ENTP musicians than visual artists. Same goes for INTP; they seem more inclined to music & writing. I didn't encounter any INTPs in school, but I've known one who's a photog. "Observation" seems an INTP take on art. Wouldn't be surprised if they are drawn to film and photography over painting or drawing or design. I know some xNTP inventor types too, but I don't know anyone who'd call it art, although certainly requiring creativity & skill.

The notable lack of SJs produced a very strange environment. I imagine some xSFJs might be drawn to fashion or interior decorating or art history though. I had an art history teacher I thought was an idiot, and I think she was ISFJ. No one could stand her. The poor woman was so out of place in a Fi world. I'm surprised there weren't more ISTJs, but the lack of ESTJ is not surprising. I know creative ESTJs, but they're more "crafty" than "artsy". I didn't come across any ISTPs either, although some ESTPs. The ESTPs seemed really focused on being...commercial. Again, lack of story, lack of personal touch. The STs really banded together too.

Of course, this is just my personal experience & observation, but it falls too neatly in line with the theories. Non of it surprises me.

Sourav

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
???
True Artists must be motivated internally, not externally. They must be an introvert because Artists are generally melancholic and lovers of loneliness.

To create means to expand and to imagine dominated by your introverted judging function. Since you have to expand and imagine you must have a divergent perceving function i.e. extroverted intuition or extroverted sensing. Now being intuitive is better than being sensing and being feeling is better than being thinking for a person who wants to be an artist. Though INFJ s have introverted perceiving function, they can write because they feel attached with this universe for that INF trait. Generally they are very good at writing.

So, choices are INFP, INTP, ISFP, INFJ

The order is INFP>INFJ>INTP>ISFP provided INTP has developed his Fi well otherwise he or she will be a science fiction writer or something of that kind. INTJ s can write but they are comfortable in writing articles or essays because they seek meaning.

John Keats, Homer, William Blake, Virginia Woolf all are INFPs. Tolstoy, Tagore, Eliot are INFJs. Kafka, Edgar Allan Poe, Huxley are INTP s

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
True Artists must be motivated internally, not externally. They must be an introvert because Artists are generally melancholic and lovers of loneliness.

To create means to expand and to imagine dominated by your introverted judging function. Since you have to expand and imagine you must have a divergent perceving function i.e. extroverted intuition or extroverted sensing. Now being intuitive is better than being sensing and being feeling is better than being thinking for a person who wants to be an artist. Though INFJ s have introverted perceiving function, they can write because they feel attached with this universe for that INF trait. Generally they are very good at writing.

So, choices are INFP, INTP, ISFP, INFJ

The order is INFP>INFJ>INTP>ISFP provided INTP has developed his Fi well otherwise he or she will be a science fiction writer or something of that kind. INTJ s can write but they are comfortable in writing articles or essays because they seek meaning.

John Keats, Homer, William Blake, Virginia Woolf all are INFPs. Tolstoy, Tagore, Eliot are INFJs. Kafka, Edgar Allan Poe, Huxley are INTP s

i dont agree with this at all