• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] I keep getting INTP

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I've been taking tests again lately and I keep getting INTP.

pv255

Maybe there is a misconception in how you perceive yourself.

pv255

I am guessing you think you are an ENTJ. Te/Ni/Se/Fi

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I can't say for sure anymore. I don't feel like I have much in common with INTPs who I meet on here, but the profiles match well enough (though any NT and even some non NT profiles could be interpreted to match)

I do have certain traits of introversion, like needing some alone time every so often.

pv255

Tell me about something you have very strong feelings about. e.g. abortion, welfare, school, work, whatever....
Tell me what you believe and why you believe it.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I believe that the hierarchical structure of society puts authority in the hands of those who have the attributes necessary to seize power instead of in the hands of those who could best utilize the tools that authority bestows. Because of this I put no faith in society as a whole and endeavour to interact with people as individually as possible. I always try to separate people from the immaterial beliefs that bind and enslave them (indirectly).

pv255

Interesting. The conclusion is about your behavior, which suggest an extraverted judging function in my opinion. The premise is predetermined idea. ENTJ or INTJ sounds about right.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I believe in welfare because it gives individuals the power to pursue their own agendas without having to be somebody's slave or risk jail time.

I used to be pro life because I believed in the inherent value of human life.

I believe that the typical public school is run like too much of a shit hole to properly train the mind or coerce its students into their societal roles.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
The premise is predetermined idea?

could you possibly give an example of how an NTP would have reasoned?

pv255

In my opinion, a typical NTP will conclude with an idea, and the premise will be an observation. For instance, I believe that one of many reasons why welfare exist is to deter a certain portion of society to commit crimes. This can be observed by correlating the timing of welfare checks and crime rates. This can be observed in the data provided in the paper below.
http://www.people.hbs.edu/ffoley/Crime.pdf

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
yeah INTPs do tend to cite data wayyy more than I do

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I take a more mechanical approach to describing things instead of showing the effects, I break it down into interactions of principles.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
in the end those principles do need to reflect something real though so data can (and often does) disprove me, but it's rarely part of my thought process at all.

iNtrovert

MBTI Type
Ni
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I believe that the hierarchical structure of society puts authority in the hands of those who have the attributes necessary to seize power instead of in the hands of those who could best utilize the tools that authority bestows. Because of this I put no faith in society as a whole and endeavour to interact with people as individually as possible. I always try to separate people from the immaterial beliefs that bind and enslave them (indirectly).

I see more INTP in that post than ENTJ. Your post attacks hierarchical structure and the distributions of power. You demonstrate a lack of optimism and faith in the future. Your solution to what you see to be a problem is more inwardly focused opposed to projected outward. You disagree with power distribution so you change your behavior to offset what you find offensive instead of galvanizing others to enact change and offset the offense. That would make sense coming from an INTP because they don't normally seek to control or lead other people. Actually I've read many different articles post ect on th ENTJ. From what I've read ENTJ's are almost always described as natural born leaders. That would mean they would be among the people who naturally posses the attributes to seize power. The hierarchical structure of society would then affirm their authority regardless of their ability to best utilize the tools that authority bestows according to your critique. Following that train of thought you seem to be attacking certain strengths of the ENTJ type itself. My dad is an ENTJ so I've read up on the type quite a bit. You avatar also seems a but INTP-ish rebellious lack of social conformity. I can't see an ENTJ using a dirty seemingly homeless person to represent themselves. Feel free to correct me if my assessment is wrong. You know yourself a lot better than I do this simply my observation.

murkrow

Branded with Satan
MBTI Type
INTJ
I disagree that ENTJs naturally possess the attributes to seize power as those attributes are financial and social (not so much to do with type, although some ENTJs are DRIVEN to seize power). I think ENTJs as "natural born leaders" with foresight and clear reasoning are one of the types better suited to use the tools of authority.

I am hopeless regarding the possibility of using the institution to battle society in a meaningful way, not quite decided yet if I am hopeless on the general project of changing things.

Diogenes isn't hopeless he just reimagines the ideal man. He was happy. Was he an ENTJ? I don't know because none of his texts survived, but he did have followers.

The problem I have is pretty well described now by both of your responses. In the context of society as it stands, I play the role generally attributed to an INTP personality, however I feel that this role is being played IN REACTION to the world and not because of who I am essentially. If I could pick myself up with God's hand and place myself somewhere in society I don't think I would put myself in a lab, and I hope I wouldn't put myself here in my apartment on welfare, but maybe I would return here after trying out the more ENTJ positions, who can say?!