• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] I am struggling to get involved here

yupitsme

MBTI Type
intx
I was hoping to benefit from the diversity but I am not finding many subjects that I find interesting.

I have poked around a good bit and hit the new post link two dozen times.

My interest is insights into why differing type interactions go off the rails and commonalities versus individualities amongst a given type.

A little bummed. With the utmost respect to what is obviously thriving for others, I have much better luck elsewhere.

Any other INTJs frustrated here?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A more productive approach might have been to, you know, start a thread on the subject(s) you wished to discuss. Nonetheless, I respect your decision to opt to bitch and moan instead.

ETA: Feel free to change that x in your MBTI type to a P at any time.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I was hoping to benefit from the diversity but I am not finding many subjects that I find interesting.

My interest is insights into why differing type interactions go off the rails and commonalities versus individualities amongst a given type.

A little bummed. With the utmost respect to what is obviously thriving for others, I have much better luck elsewhere.

I think some of this is accomplished by looking at how different types handle the other uninteresting topics. For instance @speed garoveche, [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15315]UniqueMixture[/MENTION] approach subjects differently. I think observing the interactions between members could give you some of the insight your looking for.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't know what "off the rails" means.

There have been many discussions of commonalities versus individualities - often in the type threads for each individual type within the temperament forum groupings. Just because there's not a discussion going on now doesn't mean there hasn't been in the past or won't be again. We're interested too, but perhaps it's just not on the forum's mind at the moment. Necro an old thread, or start your own.

And welcome to the forum.

Lark

Just curious, this is a kind of oral-passive, to use Freudian concepts, approach to the forum, ie the expectation that your needs, expectations or desires should be met as a matter of course by others without effort from you yourself, are you sure that's a good approach to an online forum?

If you find that here I'm betting that you're going to find that anyplace, why dont you post a couple of threads about the topics which interest you and see if anyone else is interested aswell and can contribute to a discussion or debate?

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Interest increases with increased exposure. Perhaps the gulf between your experience and that of the people on this forum is too great for there to be effective communication between them. Experience is gestalt and over time that which is survivable will be incorporated into unitary being.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I figure the frustrated INTJs just went to INTJforum. There's a ton of INTJness there to spare.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are those forums owned and operated by Haight too?

No, he just owns typoc and intpc (plus SpinThatDreidelForAmorousAccountants.Com, but that isn't really a type site).

Last edited:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think some of this is accomplished by looking at how different types handle the other uninteresting topics. For instance @speed garoveche, [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] and [MENTION=15315]UniqueMixture[/MENTION] approach subjects differently. I think observing the interactions between members could give you some of the insight your looking for.
If I find a topic uninteresting, I generally ignore it. Works wonders.