• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] SPORTS RABIES AND YOU

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1. Your gender
2. Type, if not listed
3. What sports do you follow?
4. Did you ever seriously/competitively play those sports? If not, why do you watch them?
5. If your favorite team is playing a game, do you go all out and dress up in team colors/logos/etc even if you're not going to the stadium? Do you scream in public when you find out your team won? Do you foam at the mouth in team colors?

E

Epiphany

1. Your gender
2. Type, if not listed
4. Did you ever seriously/competitively play those sports? If not, why do you watch them?
5. If your favorite team is playing a game, do you go all out and dress up in team colors/logos/etc even if you're not going to the stadium? Do you scream in public when you find out your team won? Do you foam at the mouth in team colors?

1. Male
2. INFP
3. Hockey
4. Yes. I played on my high school team and continue to play as much as possible.
5. Not if I'm watching a game at my house. If I go to a bar, I may or may not wear my "colors." I am not a boisterous fan at all. i just went to a college hockey game with my INFJ girlfriend. I rarely stand and never yell, though I do apparently become more vocal after a couple of beers. My gf, on the other hand, is much more animated and engaged in the enthusiasm and energy of the game.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
1. Female
2. INTP
3. NONE.
4. I've played volleyball quite a bit back in my day, and still do now. Though I don't follow any sporting events on TV, I get pretty engaged when I'm there live.
5. Nah, but I'll be like 'whoo yeah' if they score a point or something.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. Female.
2. INFJ.
3. Ice hockey, far more than anything else.
4. No, but I think I'd like to. I shoot video highlights of sporting events and hockey's my specialty. I love it.
5. I might throw on a team shirt, I might not, but I do shout my happiness (whether in public or not) when I see a winning score. I'm definitely very engaged in person. I just went to a college hockey game with my INFP boyfriend. He's pretty quiet even when he's getting into it, but I can't resist jumping up, screaming, and dancing when the moment calls for it. Goals are beautiful things. I must celebrate them.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
1. Your gender
2. Type, if not listed

Male
<<
College Football, most forms of Racing (Le Mans, Rally, F1 etc..), NFL, MMA, Golf, Tennis, cycling
I wasn't allowed to play football growing up (parents didn't want me to get injured), I have played Golf very competitively at the Amateur level, I've trained MMA seriously, I've also played Tennis competitively.
Yes. Although I don't wear Jersey's. If it's a big game I'll scream and yell on big plays. If we lose a big game, it's best not to talk to me for a few hours.

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Is this only for NTs? If not, I can move it to a more fitting place. If so, it might help to specify that in the OP.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
1. Your gender Female
2. Type, if not listed
3. What sports do you follow? Pro and College hockey, baseball, football
4. Did you ever seriously/competitively play those sports? If not, why do you watch them? I played hockey and softball, obviously I didn't play football because I'm female but I like following it because I like following it.
5. If your favorite team is playing a game, do you go all out and dress up in team colors/logos/etc even if you're not going to the stadium? Do you scream in public when you find out your team won? Do you foam at the mouth in team colors? I have more sports attire than I can count. I wear that stuff regardless of being at home or at a game. Most definitely at a game. Scream in public? No I don't do that for any reason. I'm sure I have foamed at the mouth from sheer happiness over a win.

E

Epiphany

I found this thread in the New Posts. Didn't realize there was an NF variant. I think the two threads should be merged and made available to all mbti types. Sensors like sports too, so I've heard.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I found this thread in the New Posts. Didn't realize there was an NF variant. I think the two threads should be merged and made available to all mbti types. Sensors like sports too, so I've heard.

This pretty much sums up my own accidental posting.

strawberries

shadow boxer
MBTI Type
----
1. f
2. Type, if not listed
3. don't
4. don't do sports. i like walking/running/swimming/playing
5. no. i enjoy watching sports in person though. i like the atmosphere and the cultural/sociological side of it. i always try to go to sporting events when i'm overseas, as it tells you interesting things about the local culture. i also enjoy gambling on sport sometimes because i like winning money and thinking i'm an armchair expert at things.

Hildur

MBTI Type
INTP
1. Your gender
2. Type, if not listed

1. Female
2. INTP
3. None
4. No. Have basically done sports as exercise only (including team sports like volleyball etc).
5. I used to wear team colors (local hockey team) as a student. Peer pressure...