• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] ENTP Ladies: What's the best way to ask for your number?

Nevostar

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hi all you ENTP ladies out there,

What's the best way to ask for your number? (Or, stay connected to you at the end after first meeting you?)

Context: I am an INFJ man, 31, and am totally crazy about you. You are the bees knees, the best thing that could ever happen to us guys, or at least this guy. If I'm lucky enough to be introduced to you, or if you somehow enter my physical space, I can usually say something awkard or cheesy enough to start a conversation with you. The conversation flows really easily because of the Ni/Ne and my excitement in meeting you.

HOWEVER. once I sense that there is chemistry... I basically do.. nothing, and hope that you will be aggressive or clever enough to make something happen, or basically pray for serendipity to drop you in my lap.

Once, this actually worked, where my INTP male roommate got the number of an ENTP woman at a bar who we both had great chemistry with, they went on one date and remained friends, and then she basically hunted me down through him until she got what she wanted :happy2:

Anyway, she had to leave town for grad school and now I can't imagine being with anyone but an ENTP woman.

So before you say, "Dude, just ask for her number" -- on this forum and in multiple other places, I've read that ENTP ladies seem to prefer
a) if a guy is shy or even somewhat socially awkward
b) if a guy is not a player type
c) if a guy is first friends with her

The above would suggest that an aggressive or direct approach would be kind of a turn off, and anyway it's not in my INFJ nature to drop lines like my INTP roommate does with incredible ease. But if it's absolutely necessary, I'll suck it up and do what has to be done, or at least try.

THANK YOU!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Uuuusee the Ni/Ne connection.

Take it from another Ne/Ni connection lover...put the idea in their heads with innuendo and subtext while talking to them :devil:

(And I mean that in a non-manipulative, passive aggressive, snarky way; Im talking about using that shyness and using innuendo to not ask directly but make it easier on yourself to suggest meeting up again with them. Itll give you a chance to be honest with them about what you want, and they'll most likely find it adorable ;)

Chances are theyll ask you for yours or write theirs on your arm or something without even being asked for it out right ;)

R

Riva

Drop lines like your intp friend! Intp friend? These are changing times. I would suggest that you don't think too much and simply ask for it. Asking awkwardly or aggressively woulf in the end all indicate interest. So inevitably even if you come across as casanova or bond she would feel flattered. If you wish to come across as a bit shy/honest you could always be honest with her and tell her you like to get to know her or like her and ask for it. Basically in the method I suggested the mbti type doesn't matter. You are using honesty and even if you fail you were true to yourself, to her and you didn't have to use any fancy lines or strategize too much.

The best person to get such advice is [MENTION=15315]UniqueMixture[/MENTION]. So Help him casanova.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you two are already engaged in a conversation and both of you are having fun, you could steer the conversation towards an interesting place or fun activity (as in, hey, you should totally try that some day) or offer to send her a link and see if she's interested. Then exchanging contact data would be a natural move. Otherwise there is nothing wrong with asking her in a non-pushy way if she'd like to meet again when you approach the end of your first encounter. She might also ask you directly once you mentioned that possibility. I think ENTP women tend to be more straightforward and less passive than many other types.

It is true that NTP women probably don't go for the traditional pickup approach. If you manage to connect first as a human being, engage in a fun conversation and notice some chemistry then your chances should be good.

It's an interesting combination, my mum is an ENTP and my dad is an INFJ.

Did I already mention that the magic word - IMHO - is engageing her as a person before you ask for the number? Yeah, engage her :D
If you are fun and interesting to talk to, why shouldn't she want to see more of that?

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think entps more than most types enjoy playful flirtation combined with direct expression of interest. I would say it's best to suggest a no-pressure meet up for drinks and laughs. Most entp women are not shy, but they don't deal well with emotional ambiguity so be honest and direct about your intentions. I would suggest as an infj male you avoid getting too close too quickly as it can be seen as smarmy. However, a combination of wit and fascination with her as a person would probably go over fairly well. With that said, you have to see her cues which can be subtle and when she gives you go signals then GO!

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Nevostar

MBTI Type
INFJ
Hi everyone, and THANK YOU for your thoughtful replies.
[MENTION=5494]Amargith[/MENTION], I appreciate the advice here. Stumbling warmly and expressing interest awkwardly is my forte, I think I can do that. [MENTION=6164]Riva[/MENTION], I take your point. Don't leave without conveying interest. Yes! [MENTION=10251]Red Herring[/MENTION], you're smooth like my INTP roommate. Figures. [MENTION=15315]UniqueMixture[/MENTION], to your point on the value of directness, I can remember when the nice ENTP lady seriously blushed when I directly stated my interest in her.. It was awesome. [MENTION=13260]Rasofy[/MENTION], that's fantastic.

Thanks again for the tips. Now where are the ENTP ladies? :newwink: