• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Is it possible to be an INTP that has ENTP tendencies?

Blank

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Your type ultimately has to do with preference rather than ability. One noticable distinction I see between INTP and ENTP is that INTP's like to develop ideas while ENTP's like to develop projects. Which would you rather do? Publish a book explaining a great new theory you developed, or would you rather really make an impact with some new invention or business or other project you've developed?

I would rather eat some pizza.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would rather eat some pizza.

Mmmm. Pizza. With bacon.

... I'm eating some right now.
For breakfast.
(I'm livin' the INTP dream, baby!)

The Decline

(☞゚∀゚)☞
MBTI Type
?
Enneagram
5w4
Your type ultimately has to do with preference rather than ability. One noticable distinction I see between INTP and ENTP is that INTP's like to develop ideas while ENTP's like to develop projects. Which would you rather do? Publish a book explaining a great new theory you developed, or would you rather really make an impact with some new invention or business or other project you've developed?

Well there's my answer: I like to do both equally. :jew:

But like I said, I'm still quite a traditional introvert. I guess that influences me towards INTP a bit. :huh:

onemoretime

Dreaming the life
MBTI Type
3h50
If it has to do with interpersonal interaction, I think both ENTPs and INTPs can encounter the same sort of boredom that can be interpreted as introversion. The big difference, however, is that INTPs, as far as I can tell, are bored because the interaction is keeping them away from what they really want to be doing/studying/thinking about, while the ENTP is bored because the conversation has developed into a bit of a rut (explaining why the small, two to four person group is the preferred dynamic).

INTPs will remain agitated and drained of energy until they are able to ruminate on what has caught their interest, and this isn't as conducive to social interaction (and thus, Jungian introversion). ENTPs will remain agitated and drained of energy until the situation changes to something novel or more intriguing, by their observation or action, which will spike their energy to a completely outwardly extraverted state. This can be socially conducive, given that there are many shifting variables (such as a party with many small groups that can be bounced among).