• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] Alexander the Great is the only ENTP 8 that existed in history

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Let's clear up a little bit of misunderstanding about enneagram, here
Enneagram 8's are usually only ENTJ's and/or ISTP's. Those that strive for Truth in life.
If Alexander were enneagram 8 he'd be either ENTJ or ISTP, which does not make sense to me, due to his impetuous approach to conquest and desire to be loved (by all). Therefore he was either ENTP or ESTP, but we know ESTP's do not necessarily do well on long term ambitions and Alexander had the future of an empire to consider, therefore he is ENTP, definitely.

no, plenty of ESTPs and ESTJs are 8s as well (I even have a friend who is an INFJ 8w7 lol)

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I could see that. 7s have a way of seeming like they care what people think when they really don't (I know this happens to me a lot)

7s are narcissist, they like to receive a posititve appreciation from people, and dislike to be confronted with the negative appreciation from people. But if this happen, they rationalize rejection and continue to like themselves. It's different from the Image dudes who take what people send to them for granted.

that's true, but I was arguing that it wouldn't stop all 7s from conquest and expansion (this is particularly true of 7w8). looking back on it though, too much partying and getting drunk kinda got him killed XD

:laugh: he was not a very elthy 7 at the end. At his best he had all the qualities of a 7: humanist, visionary, juvenile, muti-talented, etc

looking at this again, I think he was ESFP 7w8 Sx/So

I have a hard time to determine if he was 7w8 So/Sx or 7w8 Sx/So, but I'm sure he was ESTP. Why F?

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=5356]Speed Gavroche[/MENTION]
he seemed more Fi/Te than Ti/Fe, so I think ESFP. his intensity and grandiosity make me lean Sx first (apart from him not really seeming So first) but I know what you mean about Sx/So and So/Sx being hard to tell apart.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
he seemed more Fi/Te than Ti/Fe, so I think ESFP. his intensity and grandiosity make me lean Sx first (apart from him not really seeming So first) but I know what you mean about Sx/So and So/Sx being hard to tell apart.

He seemed more Ti-Fe, he took power by identifying social norms from the numerous civilisation he conquered, and conform and adapt, and use them as tools. Alexander knew how to use people as tools, the mark of ESTP, more than ESFP.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He seemed more Ti-Fe, he took power by identifying social norms from the numerous civilisation he conquered, and conform and adapt, and use them as tools. Alexander knew how to use people as tools, the mark of ESTP, more than ESFP.

you have a point

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
8s are heavy and brutal. 7s are light and aerian. Alexander was a 7.

Thats leave Alexander out of the question for a second.

I still don't think you can tell the difference between an 8 and a 7.
What is the motivation of an 8 and what is the motivation of a 7?

yenom

Alexander the Terrible

You have an account at Personality Cafe right? Called Swordsman of Mania. I can see you are spamming your crackpot theories over there as well.

Why don't you convince the ENTPs at the ENTP forum at personality cafe that Alexander was an ESFP (or ESXP or whatever you think he is), then I will start taking what you say seriously.

I dare you to start a thread at the ENTP forum there saying Alexander was an ESFP and watch how you get raped.

Elfboy

Certified Sausage Smoker
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You have an account at Personality Cafe right? Called Swordsman of Mania. I can see you are spamming your crackpot theories over there as well.
Why don't you convince the ENTPs at the ENTP forum at personality cafe that Alexander was an ESFP (or ESXP or whatever you think he is), then I will start taking what you say seriously.
I dare you to start a thread at the ENTP forum there saying Alexander was an ESFP and watch how you get raped.
you really need to chill with the belligerent language. the reasons behind your perplexedly negative opinion of me are none of my business, but that said, if you start threads and meet every dissenting opinion with narcissistic attempts at character assassination, don't expect your threads to get many replies. this kind of behavior tends to bite you in the ass later.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
you really need to chill with the belligerent language. the reasons behind your perplexedly negative opinion of me are none of my business, but that said, if you start threads and meet every dissenting opinion with narcissistic attempts at character assassination, don't expect your threads to get many replies. this kind of behavior tends to bite you in the ass later.
What character assasination? If you are so confident with your theories, you should try to persuade the audience. Just a suggestion. Go convience the entp audience at personality cafe. if you succeed, that I will take back everything i said against you and apologize.

Yes, I do think you are spamming stupidity. You say and type things completely based on your impression and subjective feelings, without research on the said character and knowing their background, history and achievements.

You are really not worthy to argue with. But like I said if I have the power, you would be banned from MBTI community forever.

You know entps has a allergic to stupidity and things that don't make any sense, and you seemed to have a specialty in manufacturing them. Especially your crackpot thories about enneagram and other things that you seem to aggressively promote.

Bshanej

Lol I just found out im ENTP 6 months ago and experienced something like happiness or some sort of emotion I almost wanted to cry i felt like I was the only one like this for a really long time. Since I have been obsessed literally devouring data.. When I read through the list of famous ENTPS most made absolutely perfect sense ( accept I seen one list Rush Limbaugh wtf?) Alexander the Great imo clearly used extroverted Intuition as his dominate function. I also clearly see introverted thinking and extroverted feeling. I'm very arrgont by nature I keep it to myself mostly because based off my achievements it seems unjustified but were I to inherit a kingdom and conquer the known world omfg I probably woulda named cities after myself and pets too. But he obviusly had a deep love for learning and knowledge, and also seen the world from multiple perspectives at once, his army traveled with engineers, teachers, artist, craftsmen, healers, philosophers, and all other manner of different people. His ideas and plans focused almost exclusively on the future and were bigger than life. He couldn't settle down he wanted to keep conquering and exploring and having new experiences. He was open minded and non judgmental enough to adopt conquered nations as citizens of his empire and even take one few a bride and embrace their customs. I could go on few another 6 hours but I think I made my point. Some of you guys troll like y'all kicked with him n shit lol no one can say for sure what type a person who's been dead for close to 3000 years but based on the information we have I think its ignorant to conclude his type was anything shirt of firmly ENTP. But that's just my opinion.. (mine and every respected mbti information source i have ran accross) p.s. its harder to find useful info and opinions of others to consider when you guys attack eachother like children..

Bshanej

What character assasination? If you are so confident with your theories, you should try to persuade the audience. Just a suggestion. Go convience the entp audience at personality cafe. if you succeed, that I will take back everything i said against you and apologize. Yes, I do think you are spamming stupidity. You say and type things completely based on your impression and subjective feelings, without research on the said character and knowing their background, history and achievements. You are really not worthy to argue with. But like I said if I have the power, you would be banned from MBTI community forever. You know entps has a allergic to stupidity and things that don't make any sense, and you seemed to have a specialty in manufacturing them. Especially your crackpot thories about enneagram and other things that you seem to aggressively promote.
I agree in order to argue a point and be taken seriously you need to argue with legitmate facts rather than opinions for it mean anything at all (especially on a entp topic) my method for dealing with debates aginst (correct me if im wring im new at this) Ni function people who beleive just because they are really passionate about being right and they really really want to be right that some how validates their side of the debate. And facts take a back seat to passionately(and/or beligerantly) arguing their side. Best counter is use facts to poke holes in their argument in a cold clinical and stoic manner. Then forget they exsist and ignore further attempts from Ni to keep the debate with them going, the spectators of the debate are smart enough to see which side based off intelligent and accurate articulation of the facts. Ignoring Ni after making your point gives you a kinda moral high ground and gives the impression that a true scholar only seeks to correct a person for the academic benefit of sharing accurate information but won't participate in pointless banter with Ni and ignorant blather.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think of him more as an ENTJ, to be honest. As for type 8, I don't have much to argue about. What I really is doubt is that he was the only great ENTP in history, I think many other great/important characters in history were ENTP. I will not try to exemplify because they are historical figures and I find somewhat hard to type people whose traits we only know through history books, which can be quite biased.