• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTP] How to Seduce an ENTP!

theWurdsmith

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
go with the flow and poke them(mentally or even physically if you want to), engage Ne with Ti/Ne style wit and be silly, but not stupid(or you wont get their respect).

oh and as an added bonus, if they compliment you and you feel like :blush: , let it show, get excited and they want to poke at you there even more and get excited themselves too, ENTPs do like to poke and playfully tease people(i dont understand how my ENTPs friends wife can stand him with all that constant teasing). the :blush: + positive reaction = a sign for them 'poke at here' which they cant resist.

There is nothing that pleases me more than being able to poke at somebody and having them respond in an amused or at least not-negative way. I have no idea why. My best friend resolved herself to this fact like seven years ago, and to my glee, still has very pronounced reactions that just egg me on. My boyfriend of ten years (ENTJ) and I share this trait.

So yes I'd say being able to handle a (sometimes) absurdly silly sense of humor with wit or not- patronizing tolerance, and being able to handle the intellectual side too is the way to go. My boyfriend knows somehow to occasionally mention that my ability to art/math/science/whatever is something that he acknowledges and really respects, and in return I respect his certain brand of wisdom/smarts. He is incredibly good at knowing situations among other things, very much an ENTJ to the core, and I can't help respect that he's got expertise in something I suck at lol. But he doesn't like pointout that I suck at it.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol I see others ask me how to..And all I can say is honestly I don't really know :shrug:

In my experience (of being in a relationship with one for almost eight years), I’d say effectively explaining to them how they can be seduced is exactly the kind of thing that grabs their interest (seduces them). Do it wrong and you’re just annoying or offensive for being presumptuous, but if you can really and truly map out something that’s going on in their inner world to them (in a way they already intuit, but can’t begin to see clearly enough on their own to really grasp) they’ll be putty in your hands. [eta: I think it'd be better to say 'they'll be enthralled'. I wrote 'putty in your hands' to be funny, then realized if that wasn't clear it would probably just be annoying.]

[I don’t know how widely this applies to all ENTPs, and it’s just my guess based on what I’ve seen. And I can’t stress enough the importance of it being ‘effective’. I think they love being tethered to their inner world correctly, but trying to tether them to an inner word that isn’t theirs will ‘clearly’ seem like projection and/or be oppressive.]

xenaprincess

MBTI Type
infp
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
judging from one ENTP friend at work...

1. enjoy staying up late in bars
2. have a wide breadth of interests
3. don't be afraid of having your own quirks
4. banter, banter, banter

If none of the above, being a European soccer player is enough!

gromit

likes this
There is nothing that pleases me more than being able to poke at somebody and having them respond in an amused or at least not-negative way. I have no idea why. My best friend resolved herself to this fact like seven years ago, and to my glee, still has very pronounced reactions that just egg me on. My boyfriend of ten years (ENTJ) and I share this trait.

So yes I'd say being able to handle a (sometimes) absurdly silly sense of humor with wit or not- patronizing tolerance, and being able to handle the intellectual side too is the way to go. My boyfriend knows somehow to occasionally mention that my ability to art/math/science/whatever is something that he acknowledges and really respects, and in return I respect his certain brand of wisdom/smarts. He is incredibly good at knowing situations among other things, very much an ENTJ to the core, and I can't help respect that he's got expertise in something I suck at lol. But he doesn't like pointout that I suck at it.

What is an example of poke?

theWurdsmith

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For one thing, a physical poke. The best friend I mentioned, I will randomly poke her in the side on passing and she will squeak very loudly, always caught off guard. It's great. I can't help myself because there is never a time that she doesn't respond to that.

But I guess I just mean, personally, light verbal jousting. Or, being weird to elicit a response. I should have probably followed the advice of every random joe in high school and become a comedian to get my jollies out that way, but I didn't. So now my friends get the show/trauma. Back in our early twenties, we both worked at the same dry cleaners, and you can't hear anything in there because of the machines and you can't see people coming from front to back because of the sheer number of clothes hanging in there. I turned into a clothes shark, sometimes my face, leering creepily, would appear between the sweaters as someone looked through them for a name, sometimes I would loom out at an opportune moment, and frequently the voice of gollum muttering sweet nothings would come from nowhere, bemoaning the fact that the precious is gone, GONE. I thought I was just lonely in a place meant for an introvert to work in, but I've finally realized I've always been that way.

So I guess I mean gentle trolling. In the way that a first grade boy makes the girl he likes eat dirt. Sort of. Hahah.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Be pretty, and take off your clothes. (if you are a girl and that the ENTP is a guy, of course)

Spin

MBTI Type
INtP
Enneagram
1w9
Be playful.

Show depth in your understanding in conversation.

That'll work on INTPs too. Also probably helpful for any type:

Smell good.

Be genuinely happy to see your love interest whenever they walk into the room.

Physical proximity works wonders -- you have pheromones; let them woo the ENTP for you!

Hyena

MBTI Type
ENTP
A girl who can match me insult for insult, joke for joke, and quip for quip is going to have my interest - assuming she's hot too. :wink:

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
That'll work on INTPs too. Also probably helpful for any type:

Smell good.

Be genuinely happy to see your love interest whenever they walk into the room.

Physical proximity works wonders -- you have pheromones; let them woo the ENTP for you!

I dont know if I am turned on or afraid of your calculating approach :D