• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Most social IxTx type

Most social IxTx type?

• Total voters
F

figsfiggyfigs

I don't know if this thread exists or not; please merge if it does. Creating this thread for someone.

Opinions on who is more social from the IxTx type.

Can a mod please create a poll, I accidentally pre-posted. :}

edit: Thank you anon mod of the night.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
ISTPs. Their Se leads to them on adventure constantly.

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I guess ISTJs care more about being sociable.
Btw, my ISTJ brother has a lot of friends.
Not really a good parameter but, for a lack of better one, he has 668 facebook friends.

Fourplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
ISTP as most social.

But the rest are rather close depending on how mature they are. But if I had to rank in order

ISTJ

INTJ

INTP

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I think it depends on the person. I know that's a "lame answer" but true. I know an ISTJ who wants to bean event planner and is very socially connected. I know friendly INTPs. And a very social INTJ. It really just depends. Probably stacking and enneagram count here, and depends on your definition of "social". You can be social but keep your friend count low and not go out a lot but are cordial and mix well with people when you do.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTP dated one, very sociable in groups not so much in an intimate setting
ISTJ only because the one i've met once you get him talking he doens't stop!
INTP they're funny
INTJ still don't know what they're like...but they could move up on the social butterfly ladder because i've heard that they are like robots and can go from mode to mode to mode. like intovert mode to extravert mode almost like someone pushed a button.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Overall I would have thought ISTJ at least due to social obligations. But now I'm wondering if maybe ISTP...

I have one friend who I am pretty sure is ISTP, a funny quirky laid-back guy. He always seemed pretty sociable, but it was in a sort of going-along way - he was a bit passive. (I say "was" just because we live in different places now and have only occasional contact, though we're still friends.) He was kind of equally happy to do his own thing, or to socialize.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
ISTJs usually have a wide circle of friends, they're well connected, oftentimes can appear quite friendly when first approached. They tend to be slightly artificial in their sociability, though.

ISTPs can be more "moody", either talkative or very much silent, but they tend to have a more "natural" way of being social imho.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTJs usually have a wide circle of friends, they're well connected, oftentimes can appear quite friendly when first approached. They tend to be slightly artificial in their sociability, though.

ISTPs can be more "moody", either talkative or very much silent, but they tend to have a more "natural" way of being social imho.

I agree with the bold, ISTP's are so natural and go with the flow. I think it's just part of being an SP.
I get the feeling ISTJ's are just going along to "do the right thing"

Robopop

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In order from most to least sociable

ISTP
INTP
ISTJ
INTJ

I don't think ISTJs are nearly as sociable as some might think, I think some are giving their SJ temperament too much credit. I'm thinking of sociable as in casual conversation which Se/Ne favors over Te.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I voted INTP because ISTP is not verbose, INTJ is too independent, and ISTJ is too private rendering INTP the most sociable of all the alternatives. It kinda makes sense if you think about which ExFx type is the most sociable, that type proably being ENFP so INTP is the closest IxTx to that type.

edit - I just noticed that this was posted in the NT Rationale section. That seems to be a bit biased against the ISTXs!

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
From most to least social:

ISTP
INTJ
ISTJ
INTP

ajackson17

MBTI Type
INTP
Depends on the social area, interests, types of people, etc to fully show who will be more sociable. I'm pretty sure the INTP will be very social if there are more like people like wise with the ISTP. Depends if there are more like people who they can willing to share who they are and their opinions or knowledge.

Spin

MBTI Type
INtP
Enneagram
1w9
I know several INTPs (self included) and two INTJs. The INTPs are all really outgoing -- most people mistake us for extroverts -- and the INTJs tend to keep to themselves.

Then again, all of us are in grad school, so we're constantly studying in groups and and we're surrounded by other Ns. That probably contributes to the INTPs' sociability.

I'm pretty sure my dad is an ISTJ, and he's REALLY introverted. So from my anecdotal experience:

INTP = most social
INTJ = medium
ISTJ = least social

ISTP = ???

Hyena

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm going with ISTP. They're not necessarily the loudest, but they can definitely let loose. I usually click with them pretty well.

Hildur

MBTI Type
INTP
Funny. My husband is ISTP and I am INTP. Usually I say I'm far more social than he is. But that's mostly because he hates "social gatherings", like going to a dinner or party etc where there's more than 12 people or so. I have almost never managed to bring him along to anything that requested me to bring "my significant other", so in some circles I was thought to be single. But once in a "social situation" (such as a smaller party or with a couple of friends etc) I must admit he is more outgoing than I am. Give him something to drink and he will be impossible to keep quiet...