• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Most social IxTx type

Most social IxTx type?

• Total voters

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISTP = ???

ISTP in my experience is the most wide ranging of all the types because on one hand you have the Han Solo type who is an adventurous and hedonistic daredevil and on the other hand you have the cold and calculating Boba Fett type of ISTP who is the complete and total definition of a social reject and nerd so you are right about ISTP being a big question mark as I agree that of all the types ISTP is the hardest to understand.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
depends on the person and different types might be social in bit different ways, for example ISTP might be more about doing team sports with pretty much anybody etc and INTP might be more joke around and have fun or talk deep intellectual stuff with close friends. so INTP might be more intense(more and deeper socializing packed in small package), while ISTP might be more superficial and but more quantity of social stuff, kinda hard to explain, you know, you can put many layers of paint in small area or spread it in wider area, still the amount of paint is equal. but this is just an example and im not saying that ISTPs dont have deep meaningful discussion with close friends, just saying that they might on average prefer different types of socializing.

i think ITPs tend to be on average bit more social than ITJs

R

Riva

Does it not come down to the instinctual variant? And how does one define social and is everyone here adhering to the same definition? So/Sx types or whatever MBTI type would be the most likely to be social.

It always refers to the interaction of organisms with other organisms and to their collective co-existence

By going by the above mentioned definition ISTPs will top the interaction with other organisms whereas IxTJ < ISTJ will top the interactions with other organisms to their collective co-existence.

I'm shocked to see that INTPs have gotten more votes than INTJs. Infact INTJs haven't got any votes at all. INTPs are known as the mental-masturbators not the social butterflies. I can see [MENTION=7595]INTP[/MENTION] above me so I'm probably getting myself in to a bare knuckle fist fight within a few minutes.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does it not come down to the instinctual variant? And how does one define social and is everyone here adhering to the same definition? So/Sx types or whatever MBTI type would be the most likely to be social.

By going by the above mentioned definition ISTPs will top the interaction with other organisms

I would tend to see ISTPs as either strong Self-Pres (typically) or maybe SP/SO.
ITJ to me tends to go in either direction.
There's a humanitarian streak with some INTPs -- we might be detached on some kind of personal level, but there can more easily be a big connection to some overall collective (e.g., humanity).

srsly, though, it just depends on the situation and what one considers "warm."

I'm shocked to see that INTPs have gotten more votes than INTJs.

Why? The fact is that we are wonderful.

*cough*

Infact INTJs haven't got any votes at all.

Have you hung out at INTJForum at all? Go there, then come back in 5 minutes and let me know. (Meanwhile, hang out at INTPf or INTPc for a short time, and see the difference.)

Both are anti-people, but in their own ways. ;)

INTPs are known as the mental-masturbators not the social butterflies.

If you (1) get us on the right topic or (2) do social things that seem kind of experimental/curiously fun, then you can usually count on us to engage, and when we do engage in pursuit of an idea, we can get really extroverted.

The "P" flex thing too should not be understated. I think it's primary difference that ITP might come off warmer than ITJ. While ITJ can be warm, it's a different sort of warmth. But it just matters on what one considers socially invited; there's still a detach with INTP that can project aloofness.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I voted INTP because ISTP is not verbose, INTJ is too independent, and ISTJ is too private rendering INTP the most sociable of all the alternatives. It kinda makes sense if you think about which ExFx type is the most sociable, that type proably being ENFP so INTP is the closest IxTx to that type.

edit - I just noticed that this was posted in the NT Rationale section. That seems to be a bit biased against the ISTXs!

You honestly think enfp is the most social exfx type!!??
Have you met esfj!?

I'm going to go with the cop out answer of it depends because I think that's the most accurate... But I voted istj just based on personal experience.

Spin

MBTI Type
INtP
Enneagram
1w9
mental group masturbation ftw

INTPs definitely do this! You might have said it as a joke, but it's so true of my INTP friend and myself. My roommate does plenty of it too, but she's either an ENFJ or ENFP, so take that as you will.

Grublet

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
AVC
I tend to want to be social around one person or a few people, but that could be sx/so.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh dang INTJ is by far the most social IxTx type!

Here's why:
They are obsessed with world domination which involves interacting with hordes of people.
They are the closest IxTx type to ENFJs and sheesh ENFJs can't shut up and they are uber obsessed with managing the masses and imposing their stupid high minded social ideals.
INTJs are high achievers which involves improving your position in relation to the social heirarchy.

Based on the above info, I think I made a convincing case for INTJs being the most social IxTx type.

Feel free to provide counter-arguments as you wish. I love a good fight!

W

WALMART

depends on the person and different types might be social in bit different ways, for example ISTP might be more about doing team sports with pretty much anybody etc and INTP might be more joke around and have fun or talk deep intellectual stuff with close friends. so INTP might be more intense(more and deeper socializing packed in small package), while ISTP might be more superficial and but more quantity of social stuff, kinda hard to explain, you know, you can put many layers of paint in small area or spread it in wider area, still the amount of paint is equal. but this is just an example and im not saying that ISTPs dont have deep meaningful discussion with close friends, just saying that they might on average prefer different types of socializing.
i think ITPs tend to be on average bit more social than ITJs

Less talk more rock.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
An ISTP buddy of mine usually calls a couple times a week asking to do stuff. I think that's a lot especially from an I.

INerdTP

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISTP - valued Fe and Se make this type the most social.
INTP - valued Fe and Ne make this type the second-most social and the most talkative.
ISTJ - unvalued Fe, but valued Si make this type more social than INTJs, but much less so than IxTPs.
INTJ - unvalued Fe and Si make this type the least social.

INerdTP

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISTP - valued Fe and Se make this type the most social.
INTP - valued Fe and Ne make this type the second-most social and the most talkative.
ISTJ - unvalued Fe, but valued Si make this type more social than INTJs, but much less so than IxTPs.
INTJ - unvalued Fe and Si make this type the least social.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTP first because they like to engage with their environment. my ISTP boyfriend can seem very extroverted, especially when he's been drinking.

INTP and ISTJ in the middle. I think ISTJ might be social out of a sense of obligation while INTP will be social if a particular interest of theirs is involved.

INTJ last unless they have something useful to gain from it.

narcissistic

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I would order it as:
1. ISTP.
2. INTP.
3. ISTJ.
4. INTJ.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
I would say ISTJ. Si is very much focused on social feedback.

Mr Troll

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
bs
Depends on the situation:
If you put ISTJ doing logistics you'll get very active person. If you put INTP doing logistics you'll get very withdrawn person who is about to enter into psychosis.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I would say ISTJ. Si is very much focused on social feedback.

I definitely listen to social feed back, but I don't have to interact to get it. I just listen. But I agree with others when they say ISTJs are more likely to be social because they need to or if they are interested in the topic or people. Im certainly not known for being especially social though.