• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INTP+ENTJ

rav3n

I'm not. Just curious as to why this sort of dynamic seems to be a desire among entjs/intps.
A type based discussion doesn't cover individual nuances of relationships, particularly when considering maturation process as it relates to functions.

rav3n

I'll explain my personal experiences with more mature INTPs who've absorbed their Fe to some degree. They're fun, creative, can link with that lovely intuitive mind meld. They also understand space and independence and make marvelous lovers. The information they house in their minds and how they view the world with head half cocked, that unending curiosity, can be quite something. Since their functions align with ours but with the opposite attitudes, it's easy to follow them. They view the world in a similar (but not the same) logical structures first manner, with intuition as their support function, same as ENTJs.

I'd date another one, if I met one who had matured. Many of my cyberfriends are mature INTPs of both genders. We 'get' each other well.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
WTF. Someone explain this to me.

Can't

love entj's

do not love intp's...have not gotten along well with a single one...not so sure that's based of my own or thier maturity/immaturity ...or what...

Fourplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Can't

love entj's

do not love intp's...have not gotten along well with a single one...not so sure that's based of my own or thier maturity/immaturity ...or what...

It's probably because INTPs are rather boring in real life.

It isn't to say they cannot get more fun, but it's a long time before you can get them to open up and share their crazy world. Which I do like.

rav3n

It isn't to say they cannot get more fun, but it's a long time before you can get them to open up and share their crazy world. Which I do like.
They're not really boring in real life. They can be wary of and reserved, with who they let in but when they do, they're game for anything. On the other hand, are these traits exclusive to INTPs? Rhetorical question.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I absolutely know I have never gotten them to open up to me....which i've heard is very rewarding...

It definately is a two way street... though...i know i'm half to blame for lack of them opening up because I think i judge too quickly...

-But whenever I initially interact with an INTP, i just can't get past the fact that they are "looking around" as if they're bored...or "being reserved" as if i'm boring/or too outgoing or something and want me to stop talking
- Once I actually converse with them...instantly emotions come into play...they get confused with whatever it is I say...and i feel like they're being too damn literal and too damn picking at things that are not concerned with the overall picture. They also have taken that miscommunication as a way to publicly tear me down...or restate what i "really" meant as a way to one up or something...I despise inferior Fe like this...
- so therefore i give them none of my patience ...even on here sometimes...it's hard for me to read the literal explorations they have to go through to come to the same conclusions...just said differently...or if they don't come to the same conclusions, they have to leave EVERYTHING open ended(draining for me)
- i think it really comes down to: i do not like Ne or Ti...hard to explain why...Ti don't like that kind of subjectivity and Ne too much exploring is exhausting.

but like i said...it could be me being too judgemntal...lol i have never gotten to a good place with them and that may be the reason unfortunately

I do think that they're more reserved when first meeting or even after a few interactions...too much of "don't ask me to do anything, and i wont ask you to do anything"
where's the compromise in that...?

Fourplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
I absolutely know I have never gotten them to open up to me....which i've heard is very rewarding...

It definately is a two way street... though...i know i'm half to blame for lack of them opening up because I think i judge too quickly...

-But whenever I initially interact with an INTP, i just can't get past the fact that they are "looking around" as if they're bored...or "being reserved" as if i'm boring/or too outgoing or something and want me to stop talking
- Once I actually converse with them...instantly emotions come into play...they get confused with whatever it is I say...and i feel like they're being too damn literal and too damn picking at things that are not concerned with the overall picture. They also have taken that miscommunication as a way to publicly tear me down...or restate what i "really" meant as a way to one up or something...I despise inferior Fe like this...
- so therefore i give them none of my patience ...even on here sometimes...it's hard for me to read the literal explorations they have to go through to come to the same conclusions...just said differently...or if they don't come to the same conclusions, they have to leave EVERYTHING open ended(draining for me)
- i think it really comes down to: i do not like Ne or Ti...hard to explain why...Ti don't like that kind of subjectivity and Ne too much exploring is exhausting.

but like i said...it could be me being too judgemntal...lol i have never gotten to a good place with them and that may be the reason unfortunately

I do think that they're more reserved when first meeting or even after a few interactions...too much of "don't ask me to do anything, and i wont ask you to do anything"

It's you being judgemental.

My reason was most INTPs in real life live rather spectacularly boring lives until they leave university.

I had a lot of INTP friends in philosophy and math classes.. their lives didn't really evolve past education.

But, I understand where you're coming from since being concrete and evidential is part of your nature.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha! Yes. I thought you liked that we don't care what anyone thinks? ;)

We love criticism...you should lead with that.

I could see myself with a feisty ENTJ woman; the men are pretty unappealing though.
Ditto INTPs.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's you being judgemental.

My reason was most INTPs in real life live rather spectacularly boring lives until they leave university.

I had a lot of INTP friends in philosophy and math classes.. their lives didn't really evolve past education.

But, I understand where you're coming from since being concrete and evidential is part of your nature.

Yea i figured...but even you guys ENTP's are easier and nicer to talk to ... it could be that inferior Fe...that's my hang up.

They are so different from me...I'm very quick to disclose information about myself open up to whomever...and they're not lol...that itself makes me annoyed...and i'm sure i'm reading them wrong or whatever...because i'm the one with the problem lol...

here's an example though when i was trying to figure out my enneagram

INTP: "Try reading this link How Enneagram Type Pay Attention, it was very helpful!

Me:"I see that this has some descriptions of socionics...do you think it's the best?"

INTP: "I linked you an enneagram article :confused: This article was taken from Helen Palmer's book and she is a known enneagram researcher.

That website has descriptions of MBTI, enneagram, some writing by Jung, and socionics. It's multi-source."

And then it took me like 12 days to respond and i had to have an ISFJ interpret what the person meant...because i took it as him/her saying you're an idiot it's a multi source can't you see that...so my Fi had to sit there...and it did...no difference...still annoyed with that response...i was asking him/her if they thought it was the best link to look at things for learning about sociaonics. gurr..still angered having to explain myself right now...

Me : "I was asking your simple opinion...whether it was a good website for that type of thing or not...obviously its a multi-source. that's all, thanks anyways "

almost every convo i have with an intp gets confused somehow...and i take it personally :dry:

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haha! Yes. I thought you liked that we don't care what anyone thinks? ;)

We love criticism...you should lead with that.

I could see myself with a feisty ENTJ woman; the men are pretty unappealing though.
Ditto INTPs.

I actually didn't even know you were an intp ha ha never looked...that's awsome...there is another intp girl i love on here...but i don't know her name...she had an avatar that was a black and white drawing of a girl, and the girl was leaning against something( no idea what)...and i just remeber getting an overall impression that the she was laid back...she kinda wrote more than a couple sentences when she would post....I think her name is Jennifer...anyways ...i like her too :)

I could be biased maybe i just like women

but i have met 2 intp's irl...not boring but way gaurded...

Last edited:

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
here's an example though when i was trying to figure out my enneagram

INTP: "Try reading this link How Enneagram Type Pay Attention, it was very helpful!

Me:"I see that this has some descriptions of socionics...do you think it's the best?"

INTP: "I linked you an enneagram article :confused: This article was taken from Helen Palmer's book and she is a known enneagram researcher.

That website has descriptions of MBTI, enneagram, some writing by Jung, and socionics. It's multi-source."

And then it took me like 12 days to respond and i had to have an ISFJ interpret what the person meant...because i took it as him/her saying you're an idiot it's a multi source can't you see that...so my Fi had to sit there...and it did...no difference...still annoyed with that response...i was asking him/her if they thought it was the best link to look at things for learning about sociaonics. gurr..still angered having to explain myself right now...

Me : "I was asking your simple opinion...whether it was a good website for that type of thing or not...obviously its a multi-source. that's all, thanks anyways "

almost every convo i have with an intp gets confused somehow...and i take it personally :dry:

I'm going to anger you now by telling you it was a confusing question to ask.
You asked for an enneagram source; he gave you one; then you asked if it was the best for socionics?
:wtf:

Anyway, we are either the most boring or the most interesting people you will ever meet. Entirely depends upon you.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm going to anger you now by telling you it was a confusing question to ask.
You asked for an enneagram source; he gave you one; then you asked if it was the best for socionics?
:wtf:

Anyway, we are either the most boring or the most interesting people you will ever meet. Entirely depends upon you.

Ha ha not angered...cause at least youre saying your opinion....
which is what i cant get out of any INTP!!! GAHH!!

but i was already done with that part...figured out my enneagram and way passed that...cause that website took me all sorts of places!!!
so i wanted to know if it was a reliable source for other things...part of being an extravert ha ha...i knew i was going to fast for you guys...

BUT I LOVE TANGENTS!!!!!!!! make such good converstaions :)

in the bolded part !

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ha ha not angered...cause at least youre saying your opinion....
which is what i cant get out of any INTP!!! GAHH!!

but i was already done with that part...figured out my enneagram and way passed that...cause that website took me all sorts of places!!!
so i wanted to know if it was a reliable source for other things...part of being an extravert ha ha...i knew i was going to fast for you guys...

BUT I LOVE TANGENTS!!!!!!!! make such good converstaions :)

in the bolded part !
INTP men tend to be less outspoken than the women (with a tendency to be passive-aggressive). They are also much more polite and cuddly. Never quite figured out why the differences.

The trouble is your question could be read in half a dozen ways...
Anyway, he was not calling you an idiot, he was genuinely baffled.
I think it was sweet of him to make the effort.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

if they see you as being quick to judge and think that you will judge them/aspects of them/whatevertheywouldwanttoopenupwith, they wont open up to you and you are being judged as someone not worth opening up to, because you would just make(what seems to them) superficial snap judgments about it and not strive to understand it properly.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx

he thinks enneagram is the shit and wants to share it with you.

wtf u talking about socionics? 99% sure that this was his reaction. and im too actually interested to know, because this reply makes no sense. he just told you what THE shit is :unsure:

obviously he got confused of you starting to talk something different and doesent even know if you looked at the enneagram thing, even tho he started by saying that its very helpful and the reason why he picked up enneagram over socionics or other things, is that he thinks that enneagram is most helpful.

Pseudo

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I find them very bossy. I don't like being bossed.