• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INTP+ENTJ

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
AKA "they don't make me feel like a man."
Wrong. I'm talking about manners. Whether or not you or other people value manners the same way I do, is another story.

Really? "They don't seem to bother thanking people?"
Yes.

Is that a real complaint?
Yes. I value tangible displays of gratitude.

Sounds like you like a more uh...traditional lady.
Sounds like a euphemism.

If anything the allure of an NT-NT relationship is how free it can be of the more common societal chains of gender expectations.
It's not about gender expectations. I'm more than willing to reciprocate.

rav3n

There's quite a big difference. Agree about PA, as I've said before, but you should read the "Passive Men" thread [MENTION=7595]INTP[/MENTION]c, it's a riot.:D
I will read it. INTPs making fun of INTPs can be hilarious!

When I dig down deep between INTP males and females, underlying is a similar construct.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
From my perspective, there are four lynchpins with INTPs, in no order:
  • Autonomy.
  • Acceptance.
  • Understanding.
  • Safe harbour (which might be the umbrella term for the above three or at least includes elements of them).
I don't understand that last one. Is that what we offer or what you think we're looking for?
Either way I don't relate.
I think everyone wants acceptance and understanding. Autonomy, we're quite particular about.

I will read it. INTPs making fun of INTPs can be hilarious!

When I dig down deep between INTP males and females, underlying is a similar construct.
Agreed. Mentally we are similar, behaviourally we are very different. Almost certainly a function of social conditioning / expectations.

rav3n

I don't understand that last one. Is that what we offer or what you think we're looking for?
Either way I don't relate.
I think everyone wants acceptance and understanding. Autonomy, we're quite particular about.
What INTPs look for. Perhaps you're different than the ones I've encountered.

As far as acceptance and understanding, it's by degrees.

Agreed. Mentally we are similar, behaviourally we are very different. Almost certainly a function of social conditioning / expectations.
When I get friendly with people, it's usually by underlying core and intent, since behaviours can be misinterpreted.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What INTPs look for. Perhaps you're different than the ones I've encountered.
I expect I am. I don't consciously look for anything, for a start. And I'm probably less tolerant / more independent than most.

The idea of a "safe harbour" jars. For me, safe = dull and predictable. Not my cup of tea.

When I get friendly with people, it's usually by underlying core and intent, since behaviours can be misinterpreted.
True. Intent can also be misread though. Probably more frequently in the case of introverted percievers. And past behaviour offers the best guide to future behaviour.

rav3n

I expect I am. I don't consciously look for anything, for a start. And I'm probably less tolerant / more independent than most.

The idea of a "safe harbour" jars. For me, safe = dull and predictable. Not my cup of tea.
As a possibility, have you considered that this might be a tertiary function manifestation in other INTPs? In essence, Si roots, whether person, place, situation that's safe to retreat to and also safe to leverage off of.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As a possibility, have you considered that this might be a tertiary function manifestation in other INTPs? In essence, Si roots, whether person, place, situation that's safe to retreat to and also safe to leverage off of.
I don't really think about those things. I don't put any store by CF order, tertiary temptations an' all that jazz.

My Si is barely conscious.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My response was in reference to 'My Si is barely conscious'.

You're still not getting it.

If it's not a universal principle you can't be sure this isn't true of other INTPs.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Darnit. No one wants to give me a fight!

rav3n

My overall impression is it would be an awesome combo for a partnership, but not for a relationship.

Most of them don't respond well to compliments, and also don't seem to bother thanking people.
They reject any kind of emotional support/consolation in order to keep their badass image.
They seem to just bother when people are behaving in a way they don't like (aka bossing around).

Can work, but will require a good deal of emotional intelligence (from both parties).
Can't speak for other ENTJs but for myself, the less genuine, the less likely we'll want to interact. This includes social niceties or pretty much anything.

zelo1954

ISFJophile
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
(your 3rd post in this thread)

I'm left wondering though andante if the real reason is the difference between ENTJ and your own eNTj. A softer ENTJ wouldn't necessarily turn me off but a typical one would be virtually sure to.

rav3n

I'm left wondering though andante if the real reason is the difference between ENTJ and your own eNTj. A softer ENTJ wouldn't necessarily turn me off but a typical one would be virtually sure to.
This is possible, although I wouldn't describe myself as softer or soft and not from the need to protect a tough exterior. More from an attempt at being objectively self-critical.

But..I do have a soft spot for mature INTPs. As expressed minutes ago to another INTP in cyberspace about the INTP shadow for ENTJs, the attitudinal difference with our same dichotomies, as in TNSF, can help to round out our personality types. It's the conscious exploration of the unconscious mind.

A

Anew Leaf

Someone mention me when this turns into the INTP/ENTJ make-out thread.

Thanks!

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
While there are a couple of INTP's I adore, there are also some that drive me up the damn wall.

I'm sure it could be great if I found one with whom I clicked, but they don't strike me as a type where compatible examples would come along very frequently.