• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] INTP or ENTP? Also, what 3w4 or 5w4?

Katriona1992

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTJ, INTP or ENTP?
Keep getting these three results whenever I do those online tests. I have also read descriptions on all three and there's a little "me" in each of them. The only thing I am sure on is that I am an NT and a 3w4 with a strong 7 and 8.

Anyways, here goes nothing (I chose the alternative questionnaire cos it sounded more interesting lol):

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Not a particularly stressful time (just finished exams). Nothing much on the horizon except for a potential relationship (hehe).

Sex: Female
Current State of Mind: Quite energetic. Just had a 3 hour nap.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

Don't know how to embed but here is the link: Windswept | Flickr - Photo Sharing!.

Things I've noticed:

- Its a horse. Meh. Not a big animal lover so there is no particular feeling associated when seeing it. Don't find it particularly cute or anything, but I do like the way the wind blows into its mane and it gives the stationary object some movement.
- Its in black and white. Again, meh. I am sure some art student would be able to link it to some sort of emotion and it'll have some sort of hidden meaning...but not for me. Personally, I prefer brighter colored since it is more eye-catching.
- Why is the horse in the left corner? Like what is the point of this? The background is pretty blurry so I assume the thing I should be looking at is the horse. So why is it not in the center then? To show how vast the landscape is? Like, seriously, the only in focus is the horse.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Inward reaction: "ah crap! let's try to figure out where we are at and how much a taxi would cost." I would probably not call tolling services straight away, especially if the concert is about to start, and instead opt to park it to one side for the night. I would also try to arrange someone to pick me and my mates up after the concert.

Outward reaction: *starts searching for map and starts calling other friends/people that can help* I normally feel a bit flushed in sudden events but, as long as no one bugs me (like continually whinging in the back seat or counting down towards the starting time), I can control my emotions.

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I will see how much a taxi could cost and if anyone would want to split the fares with me. If its not that far and there are like 4-5 people that want to go home straight away, then I'd probably ditch the driver. If not, then I'd go to the party and keep an eye out to ensure the lad isn't filling their gills up with booze. The party would not be enjoyable for me if that is the case but I realize that, since the driver owns the car and I am getting a free ride, I am not in the position to complain. Plus, free food :)

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

Depends on what. If its a small thing and it does not affect me, then I would not ruin the mood and will pretend I don't hear it. Inside, I will sigh a little but let it slip also. If its a big thing and I can sense its a direct attack on me, then I would turn around and argue with them. Afterwards, their argument will be running through my head until I can think of the perfect counterargument to each of their points. If they don't let it go, then I would repeat such counterarguments in front of their face the next day.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Again, depends on what. If its small (i.e. men not putting the toilet seat down) then I am like "meh". If its big (i.e. a mum leaving their two year old at home alone while they go and gamble), then I would probably intervene. I would try to approach them and be polite but straightforward at first, but if they don't listen, then I WOULD increase the intensity of my arguments and trap them with rhetorical questions and such to highlight their flaws. If that doesn't work, then I would threaten legal action (if possible) or exposing certain said habits to people I know they are close to.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

Really, despite my threatening legal action answer in the last question, I don't have much values. To me, nothing is absolute- "right" and "wrong" are only concepts determined by the majority and is highly subjective.

That being said, I do believe in a baseline. I do believe that everyone has the right to lead life the way they desire to so long as it doesn't harm other people in the process, particularly those who are vulnerable by nature (i.e. minors or people with disabilities). As such, I am against stuff like murder (taking away someone's right to life) and rape etc. Although, again, not everything is black and white and there are times where I believe one can get away with it (i.e. murdering a kidnapper to save his/her hostages), if its proven that the person's act is deliberate and cannot be excused, then I do believe in an eye for an eye. I am all for equity (taking into account the situation) above equality but mercy is always a commodity to me and not everyone deserves to be forgiven or spared. My values change from the experiences I have had and also from reading about different philosophies and belief systems.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

a) I seem to go from acting like a child to explaining stuff like a professor. There is no "in- between" in me. When I am playful, I can be seen doing all sort of crazy things- from sliding down stair railings to playing practical joke after practical joke. When I am working though, I am very silent and its just a different side of me I guess.

b) I would like to interpret feelings better. Most of the time, I can sense how a person feels in general terms (i.e. sad) and can understand why (i.e. just lost their job). However, I find it extremely hard to offer them any kind of emotional support since I find it hard to sympathize with them.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I try to understand why I am having the hunch or gut feeling. I usually feel it moments before an assignment gets handed back or I have been brooding over something and a sudden feeling just overrides me.

I sometimes act upon it (if the risk is low) but most of the time, I go with my knowledge and my experiences.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

a) Sport, debating, socializing with people who I deem intelligent or a class above me, organizing events/money and just general researching (sometimes on matters that don't matter)

b) Small talk, mundane tasks (e.g. taking out the washing), repeating the same thing over and over again, slowing down my pace deliberately so that certain people can understand what I am talking about

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

Sometimes, I have to hold myself back when it comes to giving feedback- especially if I know the other person can't take it and the relationship to me is more valuable than "winning" in the short term. I also have terrible thoughts on revenge and such and I know most people will deem me as "cruel" if I say them out loud. Also, I sometimes keep my craziness or random thoughts to myself I am trying to impress someone or know that particular person/situation will not appreciate it.

Fourplay

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
While ENTPs may test as INTJ, INTP, INFJ, ENFP, ENTJ and a myriad of other types rarely do other types test an ENTP. You are likely an ENTP and 4w3 enhances this point because ENTPs admire excellence which drives their ambition.

I am an ENTP 3w4 with a 7 and 8 as well.

While mature INTJs and INTPs may enjoy the party for its sake, if there isn't an exact underlying reason of advantage for an INTJ to be there they will most likely not be there. INTJs I know dislike gatherings of any sort unless its to display their expertise in sort of subject matter, otherwise its seems rather pointless to them. ENTPs I know can just go with it and find a reason to become curious and enjoy the moment.

The counterargument point.. I've been there.

The child and adult dichotomy I understand a lot too. It's one of those things I cherish most about my personality as I wouldn't be as optimistic as I would be if the adult side took control all the time. My creativity lies there as well, whereas the adult side is highly pragmatic.