• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Who is more concise: INTP or INTJ?

Most concise type

• Total voters

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This thread and a couple of others have brought this question up a couple of times recently, so I thought I'd let "the people" decide.

(No, you don't get a "don't care" option, if you don't care, you know what to do.)

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This isn't the "how to kill a dog" thread. But thx for playing!

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't need permission to 'play'.

Do you understand what I meant in post #2?

citizen cane

ornery ornithologist
MBTI Type
BIRD
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
(No, you don't get a "don't care" option, if you don't care, you know what to do.)

You mean hijack the thread and send it on its way to off-topic irrelevancy, right?

Because I totally don't get why people don't like cats. I mean, a whole thread for people that aren't fond of cats? Psht.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I vote INTP.

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't need permission to 'play'.
I didn't give you permission, just encouragement. Do you know the difference?

Do you understand what I meant in post #2?

Don't care. NF judgements about the value of what I'm asking aren't relevant.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I would've voted INTJ but on length alone Kalach and Fireshield throw that curve waaaaay out of the water. Also accounting for post length,mfrequency, and sheer stubborn doggedness with blinders (or obliviousness) INTJs under 40 again win. If you spam the same sentiment or argument 40x to death it negates the original pithiness (if it was indeed pithy).

Wolfie

MBTI Type
xNxx
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so
The real question is... who's nicer?

Rasofy

royal member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTPs, imo.
Length of individual posts per se isn't a good indicator, as INTJs like to pulverize their ideas across multiple posts (see ENFP-INTJ madness fetish thread).

MBTI Type
INTJ
My first instinct would be that INTJs are more concise. They're probably more sure of their opinion and less likely to equivocate, which takes up space.

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Just as well I don't care then! :happy2:

Redundant post. (even if this were not a public poll)

Which would be evidence against your own stated belief. If, in fact, you were INTP.
As it is...

It's not redundant if it serves a different purpose!
prof.gif

I think it depends on the poster. Pedants come in INTJ and INTP flavors. :V

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The real question is... who's nicer?

In debate? I've noticed NTPs tend to mock their opponents whilst NTJs (being more emo) try to eviscerate them.

So...we're both nice in our own speshul way. :D

G

Glycerine

INTJs for summarized explanation of points (INTP explanations tend to be more long winded), INTPs for arguments (they tend not to drag it out as much like INTJs tend to). Just my observations of the forum over the years.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say INTP are more concise in terms of getting their idea across to their audience in one go, whereas INTJ will make brief Te categorical comments that are almost always followed up by responses from others who fill in the blanks as they personally filter & react to the given data. I think INTJ's don't necessarily factor this subjective aspect into their approach, as it's very clear/efficient to them, to begin with.. it's easy to fall into applying that logic universally.

INTP may ramble and speculate in their initial statement of an idea, but more often than not, all the bases are covered- those internal workings that might as well go unsaid for the INTJ are given by default; you get a quick walk-through of their processing- so that sometimes followup Q&A sessions about one single idea are not necessary.

So INTP is concise one way, & INTJ is concise in another, I guess? :shrug:

[i voted INTP]

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's not redundant if it serves a different purpose!
prof.gif

I think it depends on the poster. Pedants come in INTJ and INTP flavors. :V
What does pedantry have to do with it?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INTJ is more concise as INTPs will nitpick and hairsplit every single little detail with that commanding Ti logic!